October 21, 2014 | 1456 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by connieconnie

Pretty nice brush, I use this for powder foundation, liquid foundation and it did a good job, you can also use it as a blush brush.
A little bit pricy but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lost my original 187 and about had a heart attack. Al the dupes I tried waiting for a replacement were no where NEAR as good. Even sonia koshuk..close but not quite the same. I couldn't wait to get a new mac stippling brush, nothing else gives the airbrushed effect it does. Its pricey but I don't care. Mine sheds a bit even tho I am careful with it and clean it properly. Still...won't ever be without it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love this brush. My only complaint is that it sheds like crazy. It applies foundation really well, even the foundations I couldn't get to look right with any other brush, my fingers, or sponge. This just does the job. This blends really well although it does get a little awkward applying around my hairline due to it's size. But it blends and buffs really well. I'd like to buy another for powder. It is a bit pricy though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is perfect for applying powder , blush , liquid/cream foundation
its very soft and glides nicely on my skin while blending heavenly any type of powder/liquid i use
it cleanse nicely , dries fast , no losing dye issues
but , yes there is a but , this brush sheds like crazy , specially with liquids or cream based products like blushes
reason why it only gets 4 lippies
i am actually considering to buy 1-2 more brushes , just because i do use this with a lot of products and maybe this one was just a fluke and the new ones wont shed as much - wishful thinking !
will update with the outcome

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by cass559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the flawless application this brush provides but it sheds wayyyyy too much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great brush for foundation, if you want a sheer wash of blush of a really strong colour or if you want to add a layer of highlighter over your blush. Be aware though that because it is big it can be difficult to place product very precisly. It is very expensive though. I have not tried cheaper brands editions of similar brushes so I cannot say if you would be equally well off with buying them instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely worth every penny! After watching some YouTube tutorials about the stippling technique I dug this brush out of my stash and found it to be miraculous. Perfect texture, perfect density of bristles, not scratchy at all. I use it to apply liquid foundation and use it immediately afterward to apply cream blush--no need for two brushes! I also have the Real Techniques stipple brush and while it's also the right density, etc., it's really small and you have to work harder to cover your entire face. It does the job but not as quickly and efficiently as the MAC. The EcoTools stipple brush is only good for applying loose powder or maybe loose mineral brush--bristles are spaced too far apart and bend too easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:01:00 AM More reviews by sunshine96

an expensive brush but its worth the price. its an all in one brush if your too lazy or in a hurry to do all the ceremonies you do in makeup. its good in creams and powders even in blushes or foundations. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MAC 187 is a stippling brush, and I stipple it with both creamy and powder foundation onto my face and blend it in small circular motions. It makes a huge difference when compared to using a traditional brush or a sponge - more airbrushed, even, smooth without streaks, with very good coverage but still looking satin and sheer (I really don't know how it does that!) 187 is expensive, it costs me about $39 Euro (got it in Hong Kong) but it's worth the price considering how versatile and soft it is.

I was kind of afraid of the micro-exfoliation, as I have very sensitive and dry skin, and my 187SE has rough hair and a serious shedding problem. But after reading so many reviews, I decided to get myself a original 187, and indeed it still sheds a bit after washing, but nothing as annoying as the SE, maybe 2-3 pieces every time. The bristles are much much much (80%?) softer than SE and it flatters my flaky sensitive skin. The outcome is truly luminous and I'd recommend it to those who put on foundation every day. (and according to the MAC makeup artist, it can be used to apply blushes, 2 way cake, mineral makeup and bronzers!) One thing to note is we have to apply foundation in a completely different method from the traditional brushes to achieve the desired results (like I said, stipple, not sweep nor blend).

I heard that Real Techniques Stippling brush is also reputed for its amazing finish and it doesn't shed, I am yet to find out (have ordered it online). The reason of buying this particular MAC 187 for such a steep price is partly due to my personal obsession with collecting MAC brushes. :)

Bristles: 4/5
shape: 5/5
versatility: 5/5
application: 5/5
price: 3/5

Overall: 4.4/5

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by elleLuv5

Expensive but worth it. I really didn't think I needed or wanted this brush. I was quite content with my sonia kashuk flat top brush and eco tools foundation brush. But I felt like my other MAC brushes perform so well that I needed this. I find that the 187 pick up less foundation, thus using less of the product and still having an excellent coverage. The finish, as most have mentioned, is great. It does shed a tiny bit but I love this brush so much I don't even care! I thought cleaning the 187 would be a pain and I was prepared to have it stained, but mine barely has any on it. The foundation just washes away with a mild liquid soap and cool water.