December 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is ok, i prefer other brands for stippling brushes. my biggest rant would be that this brush sheds like craz- ive had it for years and it still sheds every single time i use it and i know how to take care of my brushes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First off, this thing still sheds after so many washes.... so that basically is a deal breaker. Plus, it doesn't blend foundation all that great. I usually use this as a final step to blend everything and remove excess powder/blush. That is if I use it at all.....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sheridingdong

I am in love with this brush. I never thought good brushes would make a difference, well let me tell you how much of a difference it makes. I use Tarte TM and used to use my fingers... I didn't like how sheer the application was and I didn't like how it sat in my pores sometimes after hot days. So... I traveled to my nearest MAC store and bought this baby. It makes the biggest difference! It gives such a light, airy, airbushed look that is just perfect. I look at my face at the end of a work day and just see smooth pore less skin, no more makeup in my pores and everything is totally even. I have pretty good skin to begin with.. just the occasional TTOTM blemish and some redness in certain areas and now I barely have to use concealer because of this brush. It did shed for the first 5 days or so but it's not a huge deal now since it stopped. (I absolutely HATE shedding) I really like how soft the white bristles are and the ease of the brush handle itself in your hand. It's so convenient too that you can use it for liquid, powder AND blush. I just have nice things to say about this beauty so I'll stop babbling now.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by connieconnie

Pretty nice brush, I use this for powder foundation, liquid foundation and it did a good job, you can also use it as a blush brush.
A little bit pricy but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lost my original 187 and about had a heart attack. Al the dupes I tried waiting for a replacement were no where NEAR as good. Even sonia koshuk..close but not quite the same. I couldn't wait to get a new mac stippling brush, nothing else gives the airbrushed effect it does. Its pricey but I don't care. Mine sheds a bit even tho I am careful with it and clean it properly. Still...won't ever be without it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do love this brush. My only complaint is that it sheds like crazy. It applies foundation really well, even the foundations I couldn't get to look right with any other brush, my fingers, or sponge. This just does the job. This blends really well although it does get a little awkward applying around my hairline due to it's size. But it blends and buffs really well. I'd like to buy another for powder. It is a bit pricy though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by gnikole2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is perfect for applying powder , blush , liquid/cream foundation
its very soft and glides nicely on my skin while blending heavenly any type of powder/liquid i use
it cleanse nicely , dries fast , no losing dye issues
but , yes there is a but , this brush sheds like crazy , specially with liquids or cream based products like blushes
reason why it only gets 4 lippies
i am actually considering to buy 1-2 more brushes , just because i do use this with a lot of products and maybe this one was just a fluke and the new ones wont shed as much - wishful thinking !
will update with the outcome

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by cass559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the flawless application this brush provides but it sheds wayyyyy too much!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a great brush for foundation, if you want a sheer wash of blush of a really strong colour or if you want to add a layer of highlighter over your blush. Be aware though that because it is big it can be difficult to place product very precisly. It is very expensive though. I have not tried cheaper brands editions of similar brushes so I cannot say if you would be equally well off with buying them instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely worth every penny! After watching some YouTube tutorials about the stippling technique I dug this brush out of my stash and found it to be miraculous. Perfect texture, perfect density of bristles, not scratchy at all. I use it to apply liquid foundation and use it immediately afterward to apply cream blush--no need for two brushes! I also have the Real Techniques stipple brush and while it's also the right density, etc., it's really small and you have to work harder to cover your entire face. It does the job but not as quickly and efficiently as the MAC. The EcoTools stipple brush is only good for applying loose powder or maybe loose mineral brush--bristles are spaced too far apart and bend too easily.