April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 7:51:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

i NEVER liked the idea of stick foundation but the MA suggested it and he tried it on me. omg it goes on like silk. SOOOOO silky and the coverage is excellent! the best texture ever! this one along with their cream foundation are now my HG foundations!!!! by the way, this one is SO easy to use as well. very handy and blend like heaven. so yeah, five five five all the way!!!!

UPDATE: getting more in love with this foundation. this, along with my Shiseido the Makeup Cream Foundation, are my HG foundation duo! i use this on the days when i feel like more coverage. this provides good coverage. buildable, blends like heaven and yet not cakey!!!! actually, it looks invisible! although, i do agree that it takes some time before you can find the right shade in their foundation range. i made a few wrong purchases (first O20, then O40 & I40) before i could find my perfect match I20! so, ask for samples!!! now that i have found my perfect match, i will never go without these foundations!!! =)

EDIT, 2 YEARS LATER: i think Shiseido The Makeup foundations broke me out. i've been using Ettusais' Zero Pore Pact the past year and i have perfect skin now (using in conjunction with Dan Kern's Clear Skin Regimen). Ettusais is a brand manufactured under Shiseido, which targets young or acne-prone skin. true lifesaver. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

I just noticed that I gave a 5 for packaging - I don't think I've ever done that before! :-D

Any HOO..This is my favorite stick foundation. It is the best stick foundation I've used so far. I can't imagine that a better one exists anywhere - It goes on like silk, and makes my skin look much more polished and velvety, but not at all 'made-up'.

It gives me a very natural, flawless look as if I actually have skin this good!

It's the texture that I love the most though: It's very silky and slightly powdery, blendable, buildable, and leaves the face with soft-matte finish without needing any extra powder on top.

I think the colours are quite forgiving as well. (I can wear two different ones.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2005 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

I couldn't get past the smell on this one, which to me was something like toilet-bowl cleaner and didn't dissipate. If you can take that, it seemed to be an okay product for the few days that I used it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2004 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Herrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The scent is very off-putting. It's difficult for me to blend and I'm experienced w/ thicker stick foundations (Clarins is a fave). Maybe a better match for all-over oily complexions (I'm combo).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I have this in O40 for my Asian skin. I needed to upgrade my foundation to medium coverage for my breakouts. This foundation does wonders. Blend with a sponge, and you get a seamless finish. I always return to Shiseido for its foundation. It's so difficult to find the right color otherwise! EDIT: Be careful about layering and which moisturizer you use. This product may flake off. UPDATE: switched to cle de peau cream foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2004 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Chuchu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: I tried to give this stick another chance, and tried it as per the instructions for a sophisticated finish =)...GREAT results !!! I have to admit that blending it with a sponge makes the whole difference !!! I've been doing it like that for 4 days, and the finish is impeccable, no pores whatsoever ! I was very excited and had high expectations with this one...Package is absolutely gorgeous !! and the finish is good, is just that it settles a bit in my pores, and I have to really blend and blend to have a better finish, of course after all the blending almost all foundation is gone...Coverage is very natural, unless you really rub it and layer it. Shiseido's Powdery foundation is by far better !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Of course, this is absolutely easy to use but life can't be that simple, at least not for me...So, I was kind of disappointed with it. This is not a bad foundation but the texture is kind of oldfashioned, I think. Medium coverage, not exactly greasy or oily, but it lives an ugly, shiny film on my face. My face is normal to dry, more dry in winter, I don't know, maybe this could be great only for VERY dry skin. I won't repurchase but I'm sure Shiseido will soon invent something better in stick form. Well, I hope so. (Package is great - I would like to have a good foundation in stick form).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2004 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lilone829

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've had mine for quite awhile. stopped using after discovering studiofix, but in the cold weather, i like more coverage because i won't get oily.

i have this is b60 (im an nc42 in mac) and it seems to match quite well. the MA found the color for me, figure she knows better than me.

really like to use this because i don't need a concealer with it. you can apply it to just even out your skintone, or even if you want a very flawless finish (or close to it). this blended better for me than the powdery foundation in the compact. love the sleek packaging too. would buy it again if i had the money, or for a special occasion or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2004 6:18:00 PM More reviews by lime_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this foundation for two years. It's lovely stuff--so perfect that I couldn't believe it when I first used it, and still can't imagine that there's much better out there. It goes on like silk, and makes my skin look much more polished and almost 'velvety', but not at all 'made-up'. In fact, it doesn't look fake at all, even in full sunlight. This may be because the coverege is fairly light. If you needed something heavier this may not be the best foundation for you. Also, the color matching is great. I'm pretty fair (blonde, not redhead), and the 001 shade (very light ivory) is pefect, even though it looks very pale in the package. The ONLY thing I even sort of dislike about this product is that my t-zone gets a little oily after a few hours, and I need to dab on some powder. But until I find something better, this is my standard.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2004 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried this on at the store today. Haven't bought it yet, but I probably will. My skin is combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks), pale olive. The I20 shade blended perfectly on my skin!

This is a wonderful product. The texture is so smooth, it's somewhere between cream and powder. It feels like velvet on, but it's not too matte. When I touched my face, it wasn't greasy or slippery, or sticky - it was velvety and natural.
This does a great job at hiding my capillaries, but I don't know what it would do for greater imperfections. I would say it is light to medium coverage, it's not too sheer but it doesn't feel heavy at all on.

The packaging is Shiseido's 'liquid metal bullet' type, very slick and simple. The stick is actually rather big, I believe if you wear foundation every day it would last at least 6 months. But as I almost never wear foundation, it will last an eternity for me. Maybe I should return and fork out the cash NOW, because this is such an excellent product, and my exact skin match!

I will post an update when I actually get this.