Shiseido The makeup Stick Foundation

Ingredients: Cyclomethicone, Trioctanoin, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Ceresin, Sorbitan Sesquistearate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Aluminium Distearate, Fragrance, Phytosteryl/Octyldocelyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 12/28/2005 8:12:00 PM

I wore this foundation to the park with my son on a hot and humid Carolina day and it didn't budge. Even after sitting for at least 15 minutes in full sun at 2:30pm. When we went to the bathroom, I checked my face and it was still as flawless as when I put it on that morning. Plus, it actually made me glow, but not that shiny kinda glow that everyone else likes now. O20 was a perfect match for me. I am taking off one lipstick because this does have a fragrance, but it does go away after a while.

on 11/12/2005 4:54:00 AM

This is my first review! :) I've bought this foudation yesterday. I've normal skin, combination on T-zone. I was searching for a foundation without mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum, patrolatum..) to avoid breakout. This is wonderful!! It contains caolin, that absorbs natural oil and macadamia oil that nourishes your skin slightly. It covers wonderfully giving you a second skin, with a powdery finish. The thing I most like is that it is invisible: my skin seems no made up, naturally flawless!and what a glow!!! This is better than Chanel Teint Compact Universel, b/c doesn't dry and not contains paraffinum liquidum that is the major cause of my breakouts. The packaging is also spectacular! Very portable and handly.

on 11/7/2005 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful product, my HG to use in conjunction with my Shu Uemura Water Perfect foundation. Very nice satiny finish, does not settle into fine lines or pores or collect around blemishes, and controls oil even around my T-zone all day without fading, flaking, or wearing off. I apply with a flat concealer brush.

on 10/7/2005 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Finally....a color match in a foundation!!!! Over the past year I've tried probably 30 foundations such as MAC, Lancome, Prescriptives, Clinique, Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercer, and many others and none of these could ever match me. B40 in this foundation, MAC NW23/25 for reference, blends into my skin seamlessly!!! Excellent coverage, silky, long lasting. I can blend it with my fingertips in 20 seconds and it is the best!!!!! HG all the way!!! Another beautiful foundation by this company and for $33 it's worth it.

on 6/20/2005 7:51:00 AM

i NEVER liked the idea of stick foundation but the MA suggested it and he tried it on me. omg it goes on like silk. SOOOOO silky and the coverage is excellent! the best texture ever! this one along with their cream foundation are now my HG foundations!!!! by the way, this one is SO easy to use as well. very handy and blend like heaven. so yeah, five five five all the way!!!!

UPDATE: getting more in love with this foundation. this, along with my Shiseido the Makeup Cream Foundation, are my HG foundation duo! i use this on the days when i feel like more coverage. this provides good coverage. buildable, blends like heaven and yet not cakey!!!! actually, it looks invisible! although, i do agree that it takes some time before you can find the right shade in their foundation range. i made a few wrong purchases (first O20, then O40 & I40) before i could find my perfect match I20! so, ask for samples!!! now that i have found my perfect match, i will never go without these foundations!!! =)

EDIT, 2 YEARS LATER: i think Shiseido The Makeup foundations broke me out. i've been using Ettusais' Zero Pore Pact the past year and i have perfect skin now (using in conjunction with Dan Kern's Clear Skin Regimen). Ettusais is a brand manufactured under Shiseido, which targets young or acne-prone skin. true lifesaver. continued >>

on 6/12/2005 3:30:00 PM

I just noticed that I gave a 5 for packaging - I don't think I've ever done that before! :-D

Any HOO..This is my favorite stick foundation. It is the best stick foundation I've used so far. I can't imagine that a better one exists anywhere - It goes on like silk, and makes my skin look much more polished and velvety, but not at all 'made-up'.

It gives me a very natural, flawless look as if I actually have skin this good!

It's the texture that I love the most though: It's very silky and slightly powdery, blendable, buildable, and leaves the face with soft-matte finish without needing any extra powder on top.

I think the colours are quite forgiving as well. (I can wear two different ones.)

on 1/26/2005 6:02:00 PM

I couldn't get past the smell on this one, which to me was something like toilet-bowl cleaner and didn't dissipate. If you can take that, it seemed to be an okay product for the few days that I used it.

on 12/21/2004 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The scent is very off-putting. It's difficult for me to blend and I'm experienced w/ thicker stick foundations (Clarins is a fave). Maybe a better match for all-over oily complexions (I'm combo).

on 12/5/2004 12:11:00 PM

I have this in O40 for my Asian skin. I needed to upgrade my foundation to medium coverage for my breakouts. This foundation does wonders. Blend with a sponge, and you get a seamless finish. I always return to Shiseido for its foundation. It's so difficult to find the right color otherwise! EDIT: Be careful about layering and which moisturizer you use. This product may flake off. UPDATE: switched to cle de peau cream foundation.

on 11/29/2004 11:26:00 AM

UPDATE: I tried to give this stick another chance, and tried it as per the instructions for a sophisticated finish =)...GREAT results !!! I have to admit that blending it with a sponge makes the whole difference !!! I've been doing it like that for 4 days, and the finish is impeccable, no pores whatsoever ! I was very excited and had high expectations with this one...Package is absolutely gorgeous !! and the finish is good, is just that it settles a bit in my pores, and I have to really blend and blend to have a better finish, of course after all the blending almost all foundation is gone...Coverage is very natural, unless you really rub it and layer it. Shiseido's Powdery foundation is by far better !

Popular Stick Foundations