November 26, 2014 | 928 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 10:05:00 PM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Arena is GORGEOUS! i think it's my new HG everyday eyeshadow. i like to wear this alone or over Bamboo. it's a really pretty golden/peachy color with sublte shimmer....it's not frosty or anything, it's one of the "satin finish" shadows so it has a nice sheen to it. this color really suits my NC42 complexion and brings out the golden/amber tones in my dark brown eyes. i definitely think this color is more for the warm-toned complexions...as peach and gold are warm colors anyway... i really hope MAC never discontinues this! it's beautifuL!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ahenema

I LOVE this shadow. Surprisingly it works great on my dark skin (NW50). It shows up as a pale peachy/pink color. I use it three ways: as an everyday top lid color (applied lightly) or as a going out color (applied heavily) or as highlighter under my brow bone. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by lorraineedayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Arena is a warm peach hued shadow perfect for a natural brow highlight for the darker hued population. The color is subtle and doesn't scream in your face....BROW HIGHLIGHT, but instead leaves the area glowing. Arena is not an HG but it is still up there as far as shadow highlight colors go. ETA: I've recently began wearing Arena all by its lonesome as a wash and brow highlight. And I can say I love the outcome. It totally brightens my face and opens my eyes even on simple, rushed mornings.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2005 11:46:00 AM More reviews by karensuzanne

Seems like a lot of green-eyed people like this one! I was also afraid it would be too orange, but it's not at all. The MA applied this over Provence pigment with Cork for the crease, and it was a great, summery, neutral look. With dark liner and mascara, could be a nice, sophisticated evening look as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2005 9:15:00 AM More reviews by dyermaker75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG eyeshadow for my everyday look. I have blue/green eyes and this color really plays up the lightness of my eyes and looks pretty neutral despite the orange/peach color in the pot

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by babydollnot4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Very nice shadow! Complements my green eyes and fair skin quite well! I like to use this with naked lunch and then Arena in the crease for a no fuss minimal makeup look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by MostAdorable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Arena is a very nice color. It is a very fleshy-looking, light golden peach. Arena is one of MAC's Satin finishes, and believe me, it applies as such - soft and satiny. I use this color as a browbone highlighter when I want to give Beaded a break. Arena looks a little better with pink eyeshadows because Beaded has a very noticeable yellow tone to it that does not always 'mesh' well with pinks. Beaded is also frostier than Arena. Arena has subtle shimmer, but I hardly notice it once I apply it.
Update: Arena, how I love thee! This is now my HG browbone highlighter. Not really gold, not really silver. Just enough of a fleshy color to create the illusion of wide-awake eyes. I think I'll give this a rating of 5!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2005 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Paulahart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a cool-toned PPP and I was afraid that this shadow would turn orange on me. However, it remained a lovely, shimmery muted peach. I generally use it as a wash with Shroom or Naked Lunch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2005 8:08:00 PM More reviews by celodie

This color looks a bit boring in the pan but it is absolutely a staple in my collection. I am a MMM/NC35 and it just makes my brown eyes POP! It's a satiny peach but muted. (I'm bad with descriptions) but this color looks great with Espresso, Brule, Bamboo, Shroom, Trax, Sketch (I could go on). Honestly...give it a try! I doubt you will regret it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by cerys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Arena is a lovely peach colour on my pale skin, and makes my blue eyes really stand out. The Satin formula blends easily, and the staying power is very good. I will repurchase this colour. Me: N1/NC15, blue eyes, blonde hair.