December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Primer - Mary Kay - Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by etrupiano

It works good, but in the winter it dried out my eyelids. Urban Decay's didn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bekah_rae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is very nice. Other primers I have tried always end up in the crease of my eye. This one does not. It's especially great for when I do theatre makeup - my cream shadows for the stage always end up in the crease of my eye, but with this primer it all stays in place!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by lauradfromnc

Great no-color primer. I also use MAC paints when I want to start with a layer of all over color but when I am just looking for a great base for eyeshadow this is my go to. It is not thick or gooey, helps eyeshadows blend better, stay on longer, the colors are more vibrant, and there is much less creasing. It is a great price and I would recommend anyone looking for a transparent base try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by addysmom

This is the best eye primer I have tried. The price is good also because the tube will last forever. I wish MK would make the tube a different color than the concealer though because I am constantly getting them confused. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by luisatolentino

It works fine by preventing your eye makeup from falling apart too soon. Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by jdianne86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: 4/2/2010 -- I still use this product and I recently bought a MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre b/c of all the marvelous reviews. It doesn't do CRAP compared to this! And it's also a lot more expensive at $16.50 plus tax! When I applied Soft Ochre, my eyeshadow was noticeably duller than when I use my MK primer, and it also creased within 2 hours of precise application!! Ughhh.. I should've just stuck with what I'm used to, lol. Oh well, I'm not afraid to venture out and try new products. My MK eye primer is a MUST and still my HG to this day. I NEVER wear shadow without it. Will purchase for as long as they make it! :) Go Mary Kay!!

I just recently discovered the benefits of using "eye primers". I had heard about them before but never thought about trying one. I didn't want to buy an expensive one right away because I was afraid it wouldn't work on my oily lids that tend to crease within an hour of eyeshadow application! Boo! I bought this off Ebay for $6.25.. it is originally $12, so I saved half. It is a creamy white color in the tube, but when you apply it and blend it in well, it's transparent! The first time I used it, I was not that impressed because my eyeshadow had creased within 3 hours.. not badly, but you could tell. I was disappointed. I decided to try this w/ my MAC eyeshadows and let's just say I still have my eyeshadow on and it's been 9+ hours..... NO CREASING! I will buy this again b/c I know I will run out (it's a very small tube at .3 oz (8.5 g)), so I'll be needing more in the future! I am very satisfied with this product and other MK products as well. I will purchase more when needed! Try this ladies if you haven't. You shouldn't be disappointed! :P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This works the best out of any eye primer I have tried yet. My eyelids are a challenge due to the fact they too are oilier than sin. However, one dab of this per eye seems to keep things under control for many hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! It makes my eye makeup stay on all day long! And it is even lovely on without anything else, because it has a shimmery white color that looks great with a sparkly eye liner. It comes in a great tube so you can easily put a small drop on your finger. A little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mscaseyray

I have oily eye lids and without this my eye make up would be ruined before lunch. I LOVE this product!!! I've tried other primers before that worked as well (MAC paints do the same thing for me) but they're colored where this product is colorless so it doesn't effect the overall color of your eye makeup. This is a keeper as far as I'm concerned and it's very reasonably priced.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 5:12:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was included in a huge bag of Mary Kay products that my wonderful neighbor, who works for MK, gave me for Christmas.

It's a good primer, but just doesn't perform as well on my super-oily lids as UD's "Primer Potion" does. When I use PP, it prevents oily breakthrough for most of the day, but it's only a matter of a few hours with MK.

MK would probably do a great job on someone whose lids are less oily than mine(99% of the population, I hope).

I like the fact that Eye Primer is colorless, fragrance-free, comes in a small squeezable tube(minimal waste), and is reasonably priced($12, I think).

But for just a few dollars more, I'm staying with my HG PP.