Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 12/6/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have suffered from acne for quite a few years. When I hit 25 and it still wasnt letting up I decided to look into more unconventional ways of battle. I picked this up with the intentions of using it as a toner and to add it to my Aztec Clay masks once a week. I tried it and didnt get the results so many had raved about. It sat on my bathroom counter for about a week when I ran across an article saying that taken orally it helps balance the PH within the body and the enzymes help kill off bad bacteria. In desperation I filled a shot glass, added it to a glass of water and choked it down. Did that 3 times in the first day and I swear I woke up the next morning and it was already working. The cystic acne I had was no longer inflamed. and within a week of taking it 3 times a day it was all gone! I thought it might have been a fluke so I stopped it for about 2 days and the acne creeped back up. This in conjunction with drinking TONS of water throughout the day has done what no prescription creams or pills could do. CHEERS!

on 11/25/2013 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I never would have thought to use apple cider vinegar for anything other than making BBQ sauce. ACV helps restore the PH Balance of your skin and hair. Now its become a regular part of my skincare and haircare regimen!

For my skin, I've diluted this and used it as a toner. I used to have a problem with acne bumps that would really itch and burn. That's almost nonexistent now because of ACV. Just today I had 2 of those burning bumps pop up on my cheeks. I dipped a q-tip into straight ACV and now not only is the burning gone but so are the bumps. No commercial brand acne product has ever worked this fast.

As far as my hair, I've been using this as a rinse just like most people. I mixed equal parts of ACV with water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray it directly on my scalp, massage it in and saturate my hair with it and let it sit for 5 minutes. My 4a curls instantly pop! And what's better, this is the only thing that's been able to get rid of my dandruff. Before this I was using Head and Shoulders Green Apple Shampoo. I'm not saying that shampoo didn't work but it dried my hair out to no end and didn't cure my dandruff. The second I stopped using it, it would return. I've gone a month without doing ACV rinses and my dandruff never came back. I used to have big white flaky patches on my scalp. And lots of white flakes around my hairline, all of it gone!

Just another tip, I also used this to get rid of a raised mole I had on my arm. I just soaked a cotton ball in ACV and placed it on the mole and taped it down. Let it sit there for 8 hours while I was sleeping. The next day the mole was white in color. I repeated the process again for a few more days and the mole turned black and almost looked like it had a scab over it. Eventually it just came off. No harm, no foul!

Needless to say I'm going to keep using this! Its dirt cheap, last forever and its always nice to know exactly what you're applying to your face and hair.

on 11/22/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I dilute this and use as a toner for my face. It has made a huge difference in my overall complexion. Its more even, brighter, less fine lines, and less acne. I've been using it on and off for years. Great product.

on 11/21/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Apple cider vinegar is too harsh for my skin. I'm oily/prone to dryness, sensitive, and breakout-prone, so I thought this would help me. However, it turns my face super red and stings when I apply it, even when diluted in a 1:3 ratio. I've tried other ratios, and it just doesn't seem to benefit me. It helped at first, but now my skin rejects it.

I've also tried drinking ACV, and this caused me to break out in a BAD way. It caused me to have bad stomach aches, even when I drank it on a full stomach.

I guess my body just doesn't agree with ACV :P

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this to use as a toner/treatment for my acne-prone, sensitive skin. While it didn't work well for that purpose, I do love it as a clarifying hair rinse and mixed with Healing clay as a masque! I tried it a few times by applying it as a toner with a cotton ball all over my face and neck..I was super sad that it broke me out and left my sensitive skin raw and irritated:( so if you're sensitive then this is best used sparingly or not on your face at all. But it works wonders for a hair rinse, it's so thorough and cleansing I can feel the gunk washing itself out of my hair, sounds weird but true! I put Braggs in a spray bottle and focus on my roots and underneath hair where I get product build up, massage it in, then rinse out and the results are stunning. Hair that shines for days:)) ACV works when mixed with healing clay as well for a penetrating face mask, just don't leave it on for too long or apply too often (once a week max) or it may aggravate tender, sensitive skin. Just my two cents! Natural remedies are great as most people have the ingredients already and this saves me money because I no longer buy clarifying shampoo. In the summer, this is also my go-to remedy for a nasty sunburn, I rub it all over the affected ares before bed and the pain/swelling subsides by morning; although you'll probably be sleeping alone because the smell is potent!

on 11/10/2013 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I hate the smell of apple cider vinegar, but I'm 62 and for years I've had some cystic acne on my forehead that just won't go away, even with the treatment regimen prescribed by my derm. I scoffed at all of the reviews extoling the virtues of ACV (irrespective of brand). But then I figured, what do I have to lose? I poured some ACV into a small bottle and stuck it in my bathroom, and started applying a bit as a toner twice a day. Two days later, the cysts were noticeably smaller, and two weeks later, they're almost unnoticeable. I don't know if they'll go away entirely, but I'll keep using the ACV for a few months and find out. It makes my pores look smaller and my skin softer as well (and I use Avene Mattifying Fluid as well).

I also have a painful, itchy eczema on my neck (flares up from stress and dairy products), for which my derm prescribed hydrocortisone and Epiceram (Avene Trixera Emollient Balm works better and is much cheaper). I don't like using hydrocortisone (it can thin your skin and it can be absorbed into your body), so I decided to try dabbing on some ACV instead. It's not working as fast as the hydrocortisone, but the rash seems to have calmed down. I'll update in a few months if it continues to improve.

Thanks to all the MUA reviewers. You have better sense than the "experts."

on 11/9/2013 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using ACV (braggs) as a toner for about a year now. I love love love this stuff. It has so many external and internal health benefits. I used to have very oily acne prone skin. Now I only get the occasional small pimple. I gave up chemical filled facial products and now use Organic raw honey as a face wash and ACV as a toner, with the occasional use of coconut oil as a moisturizer. I will never go back to all the bottles of face wash and skin care products that never worked.

on 11/8/2013 5:54:00 AM

mixed 2 tablespoons of acv and a cup of water and i rinsed my hair in it and let it soak in for maybe 5 minutes before i do my usual shampooing and conditioning. ive only used it for a day and i guess my hair does feel softer but not shinier.

i'll try a heavier dosage tonight!

as a toner it didnt make much of a difference to my skin. i was using pure lemon juice before this and IMO lemon feels better somehow. will try it alternately perhaps.

it does stink up the entire bedroom and i keep getting whiffs of it.

i only wash my hair once everyday and only before i sleep so at least i am not putting off potential suitors LOL just kidding.

on 11/4/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow this stuff smells amazing!!!
JUST KIDDING. It smells like the feet of Satan.

However, aside from the smell, ACV is my absolute lifesaver.

I have moderate acne, and my grandma recommended this to me to clear it up. I use a 1:1 ratio of ACV and H20, and it bless the heavens my face is clear as the wide open skies.

As a matter of fact, I had a blemish the other day that was the size of an adult CRAKEN, and three days later, it is completely GONE.

I also rinse my hair with this with the same ratio at least 3x a week, and it leaves it so soft. Like softer than being caught up in a hug between a chinchilla and the Snuggle bear.

I highly recommend using this, it is an absolute godsend for me!!

on 11/3/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A shot a day keeps the doctor away!!!

I truly swear by this stuff. Go to whole foods and you can buy a gallon for less than 18 dollars. This helps circulation, clears skin.

Justmake sure to drink with a bunch of water or you will get a stomach ache

Video Reviews & Tutorials