July 31, 2014 | 1064 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by TheHappySkinDiary

Apple cider vinegar toner is a super effective way to fight breakouts. I was a bit hesitant to try it at first, because I thought that it will be too acidic and will irritate my skin but eventually I decided to give it a go. It was absolutely great! I used it in the evening and next morning my skin already looked clearer and felt refreshed. I also noticed that vinegar not only reduces breakouts but also fades existing spots and scars, my skin looks more even. It has been a month since I've been using it. I don't do it every day though, 1-2 per week is enough for me. If you decide to try it our (which I would definitely recommend), make sure that you dilute the vinegar with water, the recommended ratio is 1:1. I use more vinegar than that, but you should find your own perfect ratio for your skin's needs!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by joe_mama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this stuff is awesome. Ive been using it as a cleanser for about 3 weeks. i put 50/50 water/acv in a bottle and soak up a cotton ball, rub it all over my face and rinse off. i do this every morning and night.the first week my face would get really red after using it, but my face would go back to its normal color after 20 min, and now my face is use to it i guess because it no longer gets red. i occasionally use grape seed oil as a moisturizer and i use derm-e tea tree oil at night after washing. it does not dry out my face as much as every other cleanser ive tried and it works.now my face is nice and glowy and clear:) if you wear makeup i dont know about using this as a cleanser because i doubt it would take makeup off. it might just work as a toner. i dont like leaving it on my face because its stinky.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about ACV on my face. I think it can work great as a toner to brighten and even skin tone, but I'm not sure how it's helped any active blemishes I've had (though judging by the ratings and reviews here, it works great for many). Steaming with ACV in water feels great though, and you can find directions on the Bragg's website. I may experiment with this as a toner again in the future, but for now am having more definite results with other products.

However, Bragg's ACV is still a must-have for me. It works WONDERS for upset stomachs. I just put like a tablespoon or two in a glass with water- enough that you can really taste it- and sip. This drink settles any nausea in a matter of minutes, even when I feel nauseous enough to be sick. If you want to try it for this, I recommend testing it out first with a fine stomach or maybe just slight nausea, as I'd hate to recommend this to someone on the verge of getting sick and have it make matters worse! I've read that this is a great help to even settling a stomach wretched by food sickness though, so chances are it will be safe and effective. I've never had any problems though, and I'm a weakling when it comes to stomach problems. I'll never be without it, especially when traveling.

Another interesting use for this stuff- scalp itching! My mom was recently complaining of this issue so I recommended she do a quick rinse with ACV after washing. The itching was taken care of immediately! and it didn't return.

I don't know how this stuff works but it's a great drink/product to have all around. I've even used it to wash metal pots to remove any spots. Some swear by it to aid in weight loss/ metabolism boosting, though I can't vouch for this as I don't drink it regularly. I believe it helps raise stomach acidity though, which is important for proper digestion. If you're unfamiliar with this stuff, research it online! It seems to be a cure all. I use it now with my Secret Healing Aztec clay, which I love.

One big warning: keep this stuff away from any recently popped spots. A couple of times this has caused a tiny popped spot to turn into a much bigger and red scab that lasts a few days. So if you're using it on your face, just be cautious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Fuwafuwadesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this as a hair rinse, tonic for general health, and facial toner/spot treatment. I've been using it for about a week and I already have fantastic results.

The organic vinegar with the "mother" in a glass bottle is the kind of packaging I got, and I find it best to transfer the different dilutions you're going to be using into smaller squirt bottles for daily use. Sidenote: you have to dilute this stuff. Ever heard of the saying "too much of a good thing"?

As a toner: I dilute 1:1 with water and put it in a small squirt bottle, I also add tea tree essential oil to help with the smell, it gives it a more medicinal scent than the stinky feet smell. Using fresh small batches gives better results than just mixing it all in big containers. I spread it on my face, ears, neck, decollete, everything with a cotton round after cleansing and before moisturizer, some people prefer to rinse it off after 15 minutes or so before applying moisturizer. My results have been a glowing, beautiful complexion, better skin tone, and even my dark circles seem to be lessened somewhat. My skin is still in the purging stage of using ACV, and yet it looks tons better. My acne (which I've had since puberty, I'm now 23) is going away like all the other prescription and over the counter and as seen on TV products promise but never deliver, and best of all there are no chemicals or unnatural ingredients going on my face to clog up my pores anymore. Blackheads are disappearing, any pimples that I already had or that come up as a result of the purging stage have a 1-day lifespan, and disappear on their own. Even cysts come to a head and disappear without a scar within days. All of the raving reviews seem too good to be true, but for me, they were. I'm completely satisfied with what I originally tried this for. A+++

As a tonic: I mix 1-2 tablespoons with a glass of water (you could add lemon, I don't bother) and drink with a straw. It isnt that strong and is actually kind of refreshing, but straight ACV will stain/hurt your teeth, so I drink with a straw, and rinse my mouth with water afterwards. Wait a few minutes to brush your teeth if you haven't already (I drink it in the morning). Also don't drink right after milk, vinegar and milk is a bad combo. It's good for a crapload of things, just google it. Right now I'm using it for a cleanse, but when that's over it's good to just give you more energy, better immune system function, organ function, blood flow, etc etc etc. Google it!

As a hair rinse: I mix 1:3 with water and a few drops of your choice of essential oil. Some good ones are lavender, rosemary, lemon, tea tree, peppermint. There are many different orders for doing this, I pour it over my scalp and hair after shampooing (which I do every other day) instead of conditioner, then rinse it out, but other people do other things, like using it before conditioner, using it before shampoo, or just using it after using baking soda as a shampoo. It smells really bad, haven't figured out what to do about that, but once your hair dries the smell goes away for the most part. The results (on fine, oily, somewhat wavy hair) are brighter natural highlights, more natural wave, and soft, smooth, healthy hair. I've heard for curly girls that it makes your curls better and hair healthier. Any natural highlights will be brought out, the sun reacts with the ACV to lighten hair, so I wouldn't use it on dyed hair. It's clarifying and conditioning, which doesn't seem like something vinegar would be good for, but it is. I've never had hair this healthy and beautiful before, but I think I'm actually starting to like my hair because of this.

Overall, ACV stinks really bad, and when it's wet there's nothing you can do about it. However, when it's dry, the smell is pretty much gone. When you use your other products, they cover up any residual smell. I find my dry shampoo usually covers the vinegar smell that is sometimes left in my hair, but I'm still trying to find a way to get rid of the smell 100%.

I'm looking for more ways to use ACV, because it's really cheap, completely natural, and gives amazing results. I'll edit this after I've been using it for a few months.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love apple cider vinegar for my skin! OMG I wish I had discovered this sooner but it is the best! I've tried this brand and I've tried others, so I think all work just the same..but my skin is sensitive, and more on the oily side and this is incredible for it. I mix 2 parts water with 1 part ACV and keep stored in a plastic bottle in my cabinet and do a quick swipe on my face after I wash it - twice a day. It smells like vinegar for a few minutes, but I personally love the smell of vinegar so doesn't bother me. But if it grosses you out, it does dissipate after a few minutes. Then I put my makeup on as usual and my makeup/skin looks flawless all day. I only need to reapply my powder ONE time during the day, as opposed to my normal 5/6x. It's incredible! And my skin is SO soft, and completely clear. I always took ate a spoonful of this stuff to keep my skin clear (it's good for acne) but never thought of putting it on topically - but it does keep you skin flawless. I will never be without this stuff - and it's dirt cheap as an added plus. Definitely worth trying!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have sebhorric (sp?) dermatitis around my nose, eyebrows and the space in between my brows. I use this on a cotton ball and a little bit of water a few times a week and it really, REALLY keeps my flakies under control. The smell is horrible, nobody will come near me after I've put it on my face (good for 30 minutes of me time!), but it works for me and I'm so happy I don't have to deal with the flakes. I definitely recommend this if you suffer from the same condition I do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by whiteunicorn

i've been struggling with oilly acne prone skin my entire life (now 31).. recently (past 6 months) i'd get horrible bumps\zits all around my mouth and chin area. nothing would work!..
I decided to give this a try.. MOTHER OF GOD!!.. after just a few days i noticed a big difference and its now been a month.. i can for the first time in my life say I have NO PIMPLES at all!!.. they're all gone and all thats left are a couple small dark spots from healing acne.
i can't stress how much this stuff has seriously changed my skin..
I use a 1:1 ratio of ACV and water.. shake well every use and soak a cotton ball.. then just let it air dry a bit and apply a nice oil free lotion.
Yes this smells kinda bad.. like feet.. but it is sooo worth it. Just give it a try and i know it'll help. i've been telling all my friends with troubled skin and they are all amazed at the difference of their skin. AMAZING STUFF!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After reading the reviews on MUA for use as a toner I thought I'd give it a try. It works REALLY well! Of course the smell isn't all that great, but it fades and disappears after a while. I use it 1:1 and just filled up an empty toner bottle. My skin seems more even and softer after having used this for the past month. So much cheaper and natural! I also use the cider vinegar for a hair rinse and it leaves my hair soft and manageable. Vinegar is so great for so many things and this is no exception!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Aweiou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used acv as a toner for years and love it! I infuse it with my favorite skin care herbs (usually chamomile, calendula, and rose hips) , then dilute it with pure spring water. It balances the ph of your skin, so it doesn't get oily. Now, as I get older, my skin still looks great - so healthy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by denns

THIS STUFF IS AWESOME for body acne. It works okay as a toner on my face but it takes a lot longer for stubborn pimples to respond to it, so I'd rather use something else. But for back and chest acne, it cannot be beat! I make a 50/50 solution with water and put it in a spray bottle, spraying it on my back and chest every day when I get out of the shower. Sure, its a little stinky but the smell goes away when it dries and it clears up bacne like nobody's business!! My back and chest finally look clear and stay clear when I use this product every day or every other day. Id say it took about 3 days before my back was 100% clear but I saw results the morning after I sprayed it on at night. Wow!

Sidenote, I've also been mixing 1-2 tablespoons into a waterbottle every day and drinking it. I have tons of energy and I think that's helping to keep my skin clear as well. Love ACV, make sure you buy Braggs!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No