BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 9/27/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Definitely amazing in terms of foundation, this product delivers very satisfying results. I felt that with this product, the reason why I loved it, was because it delivered exactly what I expected from it. The coverage is wonderful. The packaging is cute. You kind of expect it with the fact that it's a stick foundation. Overall, I have this in shade Spin the Bottle (ref: MAC NW20), and I am pretty sure that I'm going to go back for a second tube when I run out.

on 9/22/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have recently come back to this product after a few years testing other things. It is good - the colour (Jump Rope) is good on me (which is my main problem with foundations) and the coverage is good too - medium but you can use less or more to adjust it. The only problem is that it doesn't last for me and I become shiny by midday (althought I do have a really oily T-zone). It's not perfect but definitely one of the best foundations that I have tried. The first stick I used I actually finished which is unheard of for me - so it must be pretty good.

on 9/17/2009 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT! BEST FOUNDATION EVER EVER EVER!

I use "paper dolls".

Pro's to Playsticks:

* Extremely compact ( you dont need to carry about a big foundation bottle, brush, sponges etc etc...just this little tube)
* Amazing coverage but not too much!
* Cute little tube !
* Not oily or greasy when on the skin!
* Cheap-ish

on 8/31/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't like liquid foundations or compact cremes. I don't wear foundation all over my face - only on my nose and chin. I've tried Bobbi Brown, Clinique, MAC...the list goes on. I tried the Play Stick. (I've only picked it up and put it down about one hundred times.) I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! The right amount of coverage, great blendability, and color that looks like real skin. Don't be put off by the initial "greasy" feel - this simply give the product some slip for application. Use this with "Get Even" and you will have unmoveable coverage all day. I am very fair with fine lines that come with age and this is the first formula (in awhile) that doesn't settle in around my nose and mouth. But I am using "Get Even" on top. I can't speak to break outs - obviously some people will break out as that is true with everything - but it you are looking for spot coverage, give this a try.

on 8/28/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG material. I'm NC25 and Tea Party is the perfect color for me. I never thought I'd find a foundation I love this much, especially a stick foundation, and especially because I usually write most of Benefit's products off as gimmicky and overpriced. However, it's perfect - perfect medium+ buildable coverage without feeling heavy or looking cakey/piled on, perfect bleandability without being too thin, perfect color match (I literally can barely see it when I put it on my skin, it's that close to my skin color) and perfect finish - not necessarily dewy but also not so matte that I look like I spread chalk on my face. I do need to blot about halfway through the day, even when I set with powder, but I don't expect any foundation to keep me 100% oil free through an entire hot summer day. I can deal with that because even when I do look a bit oily, it's easy to blot away because the foundation doesn't pool and end up looking uneven. Yes, it's pretty expensive and it seems like it I may go through it quickly, but this is a product that's worth its price tag. I haven't found anything comparable.

on 8/20/2009 5:35:00 PM

I really like this foundation, and it is the best Stick foundation I have used. I feel like other cream or stick foundations have great coverage, but they always accentuate dry spots. This one doesn't. It has great coverage, it doesn't accentuate dry areas, and it doesnt look cakey. This also applies very easily.
Ways I've applied this foundation:
1. apply foundation to face directly from stick, blend with damp sponge.
2. apply foundation directly from stick, blend with fingers.
3. Get foundation on foundation brush, and blend onto face
The best way I've found to apply this is the Number 1, with a damp sponge. I would love to try applying this with something like a MAC 187 or 188 but I don't have one of those.
The only thing is that I feel like I will run out of the product fairly quickly, and being a significant price, I don't want to feel that way. But since I don't use this everyday, I know it will last a while, and It is still a great foundation.
:) mo

on 8/15/2009 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

I do actually really like this foundation. It gives great coverage without looking 'cakey.' Its fantastically mattifying but not dulling. The tea tree oil in it is fantastic for any breakouts, and its super easy to apply. The only downside is that as the previous reviewer says, it doesnt last long enough, especially considering its price. There are better value products out there, but considering the millions of rubbish foundations I have used, this is definitely one of the best.

WORST foundation I have ever tried. I have combination skin and was told it would work great, and when i got it swatched at the counter it looked ok but the next morning when i tried it on it was just flat beige i was the shade jumprope since i tanned, but it didnt have any pink or yellow undertones it was just beige so when i applied it, i looked like a alien. To top it off after an hour or so, when i touched my face i felt gross and like i had a bunch of gunk on my face. A few hours after that I had a co worker tell me "wow, working up a sweat today" because it left my skin THAT oily...terrible, waste, dont buy it if you have combo or oily skin

on 7/21/2009 3:09:00 AM

I really, really liked this product... but it does have it's downfalls
I have oily skin, yet this cream foundation didn't make it more oily and had good staying power. It's covers imperfections amazingly. I applied with a MAC 187 and it just goes on like a dream. Use and little concealer and cover with a little powder and we're set!
The only thing is, it's not cheap and the little stick goes WAY too quickly. I can be done with it in probably 2 months, while I can have my EL DoubleWear for probably about 2 years. And ELDW is cheaper?
If I had unlimited money, I would probably use this just because it's so easy to put on, but that's not really the case so I'll stick with EL

on 7/10/2009 1:21:00 AM

I love this! I have the hardest time finding my shade with any concealer or foundation, but 'jump rope' is my exact shade. It's so easy to use as an everyday, I-don't-want-a-ton-of-gunk-on-my-face-feel. I use this to the gym on days when I absolutely have to have something on....