Bourjois Effet 3 D Lipgloss

C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS, POLYBUTENE, OCTYLDODECANOL, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PEG-8, TOCOPHEROL, CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), TIN OXIDE, CI 15850 (RED 6), CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE), CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ALUMINA, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27 LAKE) Updated as of January 7, 2011

on 5/2/2007 8:31:00 PM

Nice selection of colours, but the texture was so thin, it lasted such a short while and wouldn't withstand a few sips on a cup. The pigment was also not intense enough, giving the dreaded look of highlighting every crevice on my lips. After some time, the brush also became detached from the cap.

on 4/15/2007 4:10:00 PM

I think the packaging is a bit tacky looking for a 6.95 lipgloss. There are much nicer out there! I love the gloss though - super shiny plastic look, moisturising gloss that doesn't wear off super quick. It had no adverse affects on my sensitive skin and looked great. Good colour range.

The only negative things I have to say are the price is a bit steep for me to buy lots of them and the packaging is a bit shoddy! continued >>

I own this in #16 Beige Theoric and cannot go a day without it. I have very tan skin but pale lips and this shade of beige is absolutely perfect on me. It has the perfect amount of pigment and shine-my lips look poutier, but not ridiculously shiny. This is the perfect nude lip gloss for girls like me with dark hair and skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of the better glosses out there. I picked up Framboise Magnific 23 at Sephora for homecoming and it looked so pretty! It doesn't feel sticky on my lips at all and stayed on longer then I expected. I like how shiny it makes your lips too. I'm going to have to try some more colors. They're a bit pricey though. The applicator is very nice. Not spongy but more like a brush. Easier to apply :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Lovely. It gives a sheer colour, not too sticky. It brigs out the lines on my lips slightly but still tolerable. Love the packaging better than slanted tube. The price is not too outrageous too.

on 2/6/2007 9:40:00 PM

Just bought this in Rose bahamas which is a very sheer pink, almost clear. The applicator doesn't pick up a lot of product, so I need a few coats to get the effect I want, however, I'm still pleased with the results. Really enhances the natural color of my lips and I love the glassy shine.

on 2/4/2007 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually stick with MAC Lipglass, but I picked this up in #4 (a nice rosy pink). It has a shinier finish than Lipglass due to the bits of glitter, and also because the brush applicator results in a thicker layer. Even the lighter shades are heavily pigmented, so I think this is a better brand for nighttime in lower lighting.
Sells for around $15, which seems fair enough...would repurchase, though some might object to its noticeable scent...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are the best glosses I've found. I love the fragrance, the brush instead of sponge applicator, and the variety of colors. Each color of gloss is different, there are opaque, sheer, shimmer & no-shimmer shades so it's best to try on each gloss or at least read a review of the individual gloss before purchasing. The texture is silky, they don't dry out my sensitive lips like plumping glosses, but they do volumize a bit and leave a shiny finish. The best part about Effet 3-D glosses is that they stay put. It's a gloss, so not all day or anything but a lot longer than most. The pigment level varies, but even the sheer ones have staying power.

on 12/11/2006 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the mini holiday gift set from sephora this year.All five color is nice! And I am very satisfied with the texture of this lipgloss.

on 12/4/2006 7:31:00 PM

I brought it in mini troop set. I cannot imagine buying them in full size. The minature size ones are already HUGE and they are only $3 per tube!!! I was so excited. It is made by Chanel company after all.

I find it to settle into the lines of my lips (not so attractive). However, I still gave it a five because those colors last a very long time and they made a WONDERFUL lipstick base. Everybody should put lipsticks OVER those glosses.

I especially am enamored with those brush applicators. I hate spongy tip applicators.

Popular Lip Glosses