April 19, 2014 | 1819 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by 12ain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good.
Helps keep my oily skin at bay
and gradually balances it out.
Smells of kinda of like chocolate..
not specifically.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very curious since everyone raves about this and my friend has been going gaga over it.

I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it's because it's more for oily and acne prone skin? It smoothed my skin a bit, but really nothing more than some drugstore masks. It did nothing for my blackheads, either.

The smell? It seemed a plastic-y kind of chocolate, and not the delicious "cupcake" everyone was telling me about.

It was okay but not one of their better masks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by raroux

I've tried two cupcake masks in the past when my skin is unbearable with break outs. It smells yummy and after I notice a difference in my skin the next morning. It's not a HG product of mine, but it works when my skin needs a pick-me-up

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by xDlovebabexD

i got this as a sample when i bought a soap and i really llike it. it smells like chocolate with a bit of mint. it gave me a more even skintone and reduced the size of my pores which i loved becuase i was not expecting that. it didnt really help breakouts but was a nice relaxing mask that made my skin softer and i loved it <3 xD

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Peaches04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great results after first use.
When rinsing use Ocean Salt cleanser from Lush, helps remove all the stubborn spots, as well as clean excess skin, debris, etc.
Many family members noticed a difference in my skin tone, texture, and pore size.
Follow up with the tea tree oil (spray) astringent, then add Vanishing Cream. Lovely!!
I tried Proactive, no results, I've tried Pericone, etc.
Lush leaves me feeling clean, less breakouts, and skin soft and dewy.
No drying and peeling.
And it smells, wonderful.
Enjoy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I walked into my local Lush with only intentions of just browsing around. The sales assistant persuaded me to give this mask a go after asking me what skin problems I wanted to deal with - I said oily acne prone and she instantly recommend the Cupcake mask for me. I wouldn't have thought about buying this, but so glad I did because it is working pretty well for me. I applied this and let it dry fully before washing off. At first, I didn't really notice much of a difference in my skin but after 3-4 days of continuous use, my skin looked alot "calm" - as in not getting many breakouts like I usually do. It does absorb oil too, but not as well as I would have liked too. This mask also smells delicious! I have to stop myself from wanting to lick this off my face! It is fairly expensive in NZ though, about $17 NZD for 75g so I cringed a little since you can't keep the mask around for very long. Might buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've tried many other LUSH products and decide to try their masks. For less than 6 bucks I figured you cant go wrong. I choose the cupcake mask. I've used it about three times, 2-3 days apart. I had a really horrible break out before I started using this and I was thinking today why may skin has cleared up so nicely and it hit me. This stuff really works. I let it sit on my face for about 15 min, sometimes longer. It smells ok, not the best but after it dries you cant really smell it anymore. I could care less about the smell if it works, and this stuff does. So yet again I am pleasantly surprised by how well the LUSH products work. I cant wait to try the other masks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So while I said yes to buying this again, it isn't my favorite LUSH mask. Whereas Love Lettuce is good where I am more oily and Oatifix is good where I am more dry this is a good combo mask. I will give it that. It wear on the face nicely not any flaking and my skin doesn't feel dry after. What threw me off on this was the scent. I thought I was going to LOVE this scent but it kinda smells like chocolate mixed with dirt and clay. Very offputting. If you can get past the scent of this it is a overall nice mask for combo skin. Doesn't dry me out on my cheeks and helps with oil in the T-zone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mindlips

This mask.. the Lush Cupcake mask.. where shall I start? I won't be totally cruel but this mask stinks according to others. I thought this mask smelled good but when I used it against my face my sister told me I stank and she really wanted me to wash the thing off. It's fun to use though.. and it helps calm a teensy weensy bit of redness.. if I had to elaborate, I'd say it helped about 0.01% of the irritations on my face (I sport the occasional zit). It's not the best, but it's alright. Smelly, smelly, smelly.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by loveoverload

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Soooooooo. The first thing that I noticed about this product was the SERIOUSLY strong smell. I know, I know, all the other reviews were all on how divine it smelt. But to me this isn't a pleasant smell and way too strong and overwhelming. I couldn't keep it on for the whole 10 minutes because the smell made me feel nauseated. The texture of the mask is nice and mousse like, with bits of nuts,or something making it feel like a true cupcake. My cousins pimple didn't reduce in redness or size and it stung when it was on the pimple, but I guess that is because of the mint. But afterwards we noticed our face were whiter, glowing. Which was good. Really, it was just the smell that was quite off putting for me despite all the good reviews on here :D