Philosophy Help Me

3.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsfying Wax, Glycerin, C10-30 Cholesterol / Lanosterol Esters, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Retinol , Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate/ Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Peg-10 Soy Sterol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylparaben, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Bisabolol, Bht, Polysorbate 20, Propyl Gallate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 8/5/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this from Sephora after reading the comments on MUA. Initially I liked this product because it made my skin feel much softer the day after using it, but with continued use I really didn't see any improvement in my skin tone or pores. I really wanted this product to work because I have some discoloration from old acne scars.

on 8/5/2009 11:31:00 AM

I've been using Neutrogena anti-wrinkle cream at night (w/retinol) so that might be a reason why I didn't peel, get major flakes, etc.

I have oily/combo/acne prone skin with no wrinkles. (25 years old) I have a lot of acne scars from past breakouts (2 months ago, others longer). Uneven, discoloration skin.

Well, I have to give Philosophy some credit. I'm hooked! After the first night of use, my skin was so soft. I couldn't stop touching my face!

I had a tan on my face from going to the beach this summer and with continued use of this the tan started fading! My skin looked glow-y and paler. The acne scars were slowly fading too. My skin is so soft, firm, and no more breakouts! I've had moderate acne that wouldn't go away (chin area) and this did the trick! I also noticed the blackheads on my nose is slowly fading away! Score!!!

This product compares to Retin A micro in that it helps with wrinkles and breakouts. But the Retin A micro did nothing for me (dry, peeling, still broke out). This has done wonders!

Would I recommend this? YES definitely!

word of advice: If you see drying, peeling, this is probably a good thing and just wait it out, your skin will get used to it. Or use a buffer, wait about 10-15 minutes for your skin to soak in and massage in some moisturizer. If that doesn't do the trick, try some jojoba oil -> HG!

I started using this about a 3 weeks ago and I'm amazed. I will update after I'm finished with the tube!

on 8/3/2009 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After doing much research on this product I decided to buy it with the little money I had. Well, I did not have the effects some other girls did. I did not get dry or patchy skin. I have combination/dry skin...oily in the tzone and dry around the mouth. After a few nights I saw a difference in the texture of my skin. I am 26 years old...don't have wrinkles but my skin was not smooth. I noticed that my gigantic pores on my nose were less visible and the black heads were gone. I even got a compliment from a friend and she said my face was glowing...wow! Well one night I was not paying attention and accidently put some on my neck. I woke up in the morning and I saw a huge difference! I have always loved the sun and my skin was kindy tough looking...or felt like it....well no more! It has made a huge difference on my face, neck, and chest. I use a very small amount each night and layer it with hope in a jar for sensitive skin...and my skin has not looked this good in a while. Please remember to use a minumun of spf 30 evry morning when using this product. It can irritate your skin. It happened to my friend this weekend. We were at the beach and her face started burning...really bad.
Overall, I think this is a great product. I would definitely repurchase and refer it to a friend. Also, if you are having dryness...try using it every other night or every 2 days...due to sensitivity...everyones skin is different.

Hello there again...I just wanted to update you ladies on this product. This product lasted me for 4 mths and I ran out about 2 weeks ago and I wanted to see if there would be a difference in my skin....ah...YEAH! My fine (very very fine) lines are more noticeable! AH....I need to go back...but I am so broke. I can't wait to get paid and I will definitely repurchase. I hope this helps...ha ha ....help me..get it? I know...I know...not funny..... :o

on 8/1/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really didn't like anything about this product. Not what it did (or didn't do), the packaging or the price! After using it for about 5 nights I had to stop. I would awake every morning to a oily shiny film on my face. And to make things worse, it made my skin break out even worse than when I started. I read reviews that people had said it helped their moderate acne, well not mine! I would only recommend this to someone who has dry skin. I'll be going back to my good old faithful, Proactive.

on 6/28/2009 8:38:00 AM

I have been using this product for approx a month and I like it. I have sun damaged skin and I smoke - UGH! It has made a big difference but I still have a ways to go. Just be careful using this product with the peels. I burnt the area around my eyes. It recovered nicely with aqauphor but looked pretty bad for a couple of days.

on 6/15/2009 2:47:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing. My skin is very sensitive to retinol, and continuous use of it for me on a weekly basis usually leads to a rash.
This product seems to have enough retinol to do the job, but not enough to make me get a burn. I swear, within a FEW DAYS I noticed a difference, and I wasn't the only one.
My husband has raved about the lack of lines under my eyes, and swear the product has taken years off of my face.
Frankly, I am not sure if it is the Help Me alone that has done it, or a combination of the Philosophy products I have invested in.
Either which way, I have become a true lover of their products!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had so much expectation for this product. I have uneven skintone with loads of post acne marks, and about to develop some wrinkles (hitting 30 soon T_T), and all this product did was to make my skin red, itch, and i got tons of tiny bumps all over my skin. I stopped using it and tried to re use it after a month, still same thing happened. Another 3 months later, i gave it another go, still same. I can't even use this as expensive hand cream, because my hand would get red and itch too!
Sample is a must for this product if you can get it.

on 6/9/2009 3:30:00 PM

This product has given me awesome results. I have recently become a huge fan of philosophy products and this is my must have face product from their line. I use this nightly after cleansing/toning, applying a thin layer over my face and follow-up with a moisturizer (hope in a jar is my favorite). I did experience a little flaking and purging the first week but by week three my face was clear and smooth. I have always suffered huge hormonal cystic acne that my skin regimen has ALMOST cleared up in the past but never completely. This has diminished that problem as well as stubborn white heads that would never go away. My pores are significantly smaller and my complexion has vastly improved.
I really do advocate the use of a moisturizer afterward, it makes a huge difference. This product can cause dryness so if you want smooth, soft, plump skin moisturizer! Even if you don't think you will need it, it will give you much better results. Will continue to buy again and again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I started using this because it has Retinol, and I wanted something to make my pores appear smaller, keep them clean, and even out my skin tone, without being too harsh.

I have to say every time I wear this stuff, even if I fall asleep without taking my makeup off (I know, I know, but it happens), I don't break out. The only times I have broken out since I began using it every night, are when I forgot to put it on. It's made my skin seem noticeably more even, so I don't have to wear as much makeup. Which is exactly what I wanted. It doesn't feel dry AT ALL, and makes any slight smile lines fade the more I put it on. I love it.

on 5/21/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am starting to believe that retinol and retin-a are the only skincare products to correct and prevent premature aging. I have been hesitant to use retinol because it dries out your skin and makes it sensitive. I have done a lot of research and have found that this is the reaction you want to have! Help Me Retinol is a form of "peel" which causes dead skin to slough off. It takes several weeks for your skin to become acclimated to it, and patience is needed for good results. After you get through the ulgy and sensitive side effects, your skin will glow and lines will be almost gone. I have never seen these types of results with peptide products. After using retinol, I plan to step it up to a mild Retin-A product. My mom has been using Retin-A for 20 years and has barely aged a day since. If you can, hang in there until the dryness and peeling go away. If you are patient, give it a solid 6 months to see amazing results. I am a believer!!

Popular Face Skincare Products