April 17, 2014 | 952 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

SMELLL GORGEOUS!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by NewYorRican21

This fragrance has been around for awhile and as lovely and classic as it is I'm sure it will be around for some time to come. There are light floral notes with subtle tones of sandlewood. There's a soft gentle complexity with this fragrance that definitely makes it a favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells old-world, like Persia or Greece. It has a timelessness to it.
This is the perfume I would wear at my engagement party. It makes me want to kiss somebody. It smells like that moment when the curtain of mundanity is lifted from your eyes (whoosh) & you catch a glimpse of the world as it could be, and as it is, secretly...
My uncle has a homey little orchard with a tyre-swing on one of the trees, & this is what it smells like, that little world of beauty in the middle of the suburbs.
He grows mostly pear trees, but I didn't detect that note of pear in the fragrance, till I read a couple of reviews that made me slap my forehead & go "of course!"
I like that edge & kick to it, though others might not--that have you wondering, is it a beautiful scent, or not? It's a bit off-center like that.
It's not a BEAUTIFUL fragrance, it's a SPUNKY fragrance. At the start (when you spray it on), for a few seconds it smells like sickly-sweet rotten fruit. Then that fades away to a tinge (a GOOD tinge, it's genius...gives it dimension), and you're left with the real body of the perfume..which be damn intoxicating.
I am going to be lame & compare perfume to a Movie Moment. You know Gladiator? Well you know the part where Russell Crowe/Maximus Decimus Blahblahblahimus is going back home (dying), back to his paradise, with his wife & son waiting in the field? The warm setting sun, the way he strokes the wheat, the way the cyprus trees sway in the wind. It's such a tender moment, such a happy moment. It always reminds me of this fragrance.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by tessture

At the start, this one always smells like it's gone off to me . My first encounter was a chance sniff out of a department store bottle and I honestly thought the juice had spoiled. Well, I've now tried it on my skin and it starts out just like that: Strong and spoiled. This fades quickly into a creamy-sweet floral scent that it rather nice, but the whole effect is spoiled by a persistent pickle note. I finally understand what ladies mean when they say a scent has a pickle note: It smells like pickles in vinegar, just faintly, but it sure throws off any pretensions to beauty this might have. Dry down is more of an inoffensive, retiring copy of L'Instant plus that ever-so-faint waft of brined cucumber. Tresor and my skin don't agree at all. A no go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kk1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i feel bad, a little like a traitor...unknowingly, my grandmother wore this and as i smelt it, i discovered something so familiar and warm about the scent. SO, i immediately went out and bough the whole gift package and proceeded to overdose on the scent altogether. I LOVED it so genuinely in the beginning, that i feel bad having cast it aside for Allure Sensual by Chanel. I know that i will spritz this once prized possession of sweet apricot goodness once again, but I believe that after loving, embracing and appreciating chanel, my days of longing for this scent are done. sad story i know...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've sprayed this on me again and again, each time hoping the smell will transform into something better each time. I have been disappointed each time. There's nothing innovative about this scent - it's hard to put my finger on what this smells of but it's certainly a profuse concoction of flowers, nothing oriental or spicy about it at all. It's a relatively strong scent, this may be another reason why I don't like this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My aunt gave this to me as a gift otherwise I probably wouldn't steer away from my HG Chanel No. 5. I am not a fan of this fruity scent. The pear doesn't mix well with me. Plus, it has no lasting power.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have not had much luck lately with fragrance purchases and this one is no exception. If you are a fan of strong, powdery scents, then you will like this. It supposedly has top notes of apricot, rose, and lily of the valley and base notes of amber, vanilla, and musk. To me, it just smells very, very sweet and oddly pungent/musky at the same time. It is a very sharp fragrance - it made my eyes tear - literally. If you put too much of this on you will give those around you headaches. This fragrance is definitely not for me - I gave this away. For the Eau de Parfum Spray 1 oz size, it sells for $48. I will definitely not buy this again - way too sweet and sharp. I won't be buying fragrances again online - I think I Iearned my lesson with my latest purchases.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by greypoupon5

Hurricane force sillage! Lancome fragrances don't work on me....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by groovinchic

I haven't used Tresor in a long time but it brings back some wonderful memories. This was my first high-end perfume which I bought in college. I remember this was so popular that people literally putting their face on my neck, in my hair or wherever just to smell this. I'm a bit of a perfume whore and have gone through many, many scents over the past 10 years, but some day I am sure I will repurchase this classic.