April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 11:29:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect item to give your eyes that "Well Rested" look. It really does what the name states. Only the tiniest amount is needed! I got this in the deluxe kit and I still haven't put a dent in the quantity amount. This is def my 'go to' item. Even when I experience lid darkening at times (when I'm really exhausted), this helps. I also use a little in the corner of my eye to give me an 'eye-opening' affect. I really love this product. There aren't many items I can use that has this affect (except a particular shade by physicians formula) on my eyes because of my unique coloring. I can't stress enough how great this particular shade is.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by luckyleaf

in the mirror i really thought this product worked i took a few pictures and realized it looks like a white stripe under my eyes i cant understand how this could work on anyone powder does not conceal!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by dhabro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a woman of color so this product was much too light for me at first. I then mixed it with deep bisque and volia, very beautiful. Covered any dark circles under my eyes. Very nice eyeshadow base. It gave a yellow based highlight effect. I really love this product w/ the deep bisque of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by HollyBethe

This powder is great to use as a base to your powder or mineral eyeshadows. It brightens up my eyes in the morning and has staying power. It does not really give any color just a neutral base. It goes on the best with a bare minerals brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 3:06:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this with a fluffy eyeshadow brush as reviewers below recommend. I'm happy with the results. It looks more natural than cream concealer. I have one dark circle that is significantly darker than the other. The lighter circle disappears with this product. The darker circle is signficantly lighter. I don't that one will ever go away. I can't use it all the time as MMU seems to irritate my skin. This product, though, not so much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 5:18:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have this in a little twisty container with bisque and i really can't see how it works. i don't like the color for an eyeshadow, and when i use it as a concealer under my eyes it looks very obvious. i gave it a 2 because i still use it mixed with the bisque for some parts of my face. the yellow tone works well to conceal the redness i have on my nose and in my cheeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by iwasntlazyinmay

This is ok. I noticed the first time I used it I was so much in awe on how my eyes looked so bright. However, I found that all BARE MINERAL EYESHADOWS make my eyelids sooo dry! I stopped using this as my base and converted to another one. I reccomend it to those who are trying out bare minerals for the first time. This is a starter eye shadow and base for eye shadows but before it can leave you dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by lgans1

I'm so on the fence about Bare Escentuals products. I have several items including this one and I do use them, but the reason is more for a lack of something better at the moment rather than actually liking the product. I do not have dry skin, yet every time I use these products it makes my skin dry, powdery and lets me see lines I didn't know I had (yikes!). The only reason I use or even tried this product is because of my under eye circles that I must wear concealer for everyday. It's difficult to use a concealer that does not crease so I bough this to gently set my concealer. It kind of works to set the concealer (it doesn't last though), but I have no idea how people could use this product on its own to actually hide dark circles and not look like you have a powdery mess under your eyes and over your crows feet!! (and I swear I do not have crows feet yet, but with this product I do!!!). I would suggest T le Clerc - it's what I'm switching to for powder and concealer when I have some extra cash!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2008 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kryssimarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's the answer to inherited dark under-eye circles. I use it to cover blemishes as well. I'm not sure if it's meant for that, but it works amazing either way! I have been fair, tan, and now I have a medium skin tone, and all the time I have used this product. So it's adaptable, it's multi-functional, and it's not going to clog your pores! Sweet!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 11:20:00 PM More reviews by talibear

Ahh, well rested. I have sad, allergic, sleep deprived eyes-they're a tiny bit puffy, often with dark bags/shadows, and with the veins easily seen through them, ALONG with a red tinge from the allergies. Hot picture, right?
Anyways, along comes well rested. Its yellow tone instantly counteracts any reddish/purplish tone to my skin. I sometimes use a bit of bisque underneath my eye, but in all honesty, well rested is all I need for the entire eye area. It covers up darkness around the eye and really does give a clean, fresh look. If it were a "liquid" concealer, it would be really thick & creamy-you really can't see much through it and there is no need to layer it on. And don't be concerned that it's a powder-it does a great job and doesn't make a mess...really sticks to the brush and to your face, and blends in beautifully.
I use the maximum coverage concealer brush OR the double ended face blending brush to massage it in a bit when I'm done.
Sometimes I think it may be the TINIEST bit too yellow, but it calms down after a bit and really is a nice base, or I just consider it a bit of a subtle eyeshadow for the day.
Also, maybe put a bit of eye cream on before, or just moisturize, because it CAN settle into lines the tiniest bit. I'm 22 but the eye rubbing/itching has done some damage to my eye area and I have noticed this happening a *bit*, but blending also usually helps this.
I'm NW15 for reference

EDIT: ah! well after seeing everyone say how terribly the max coverage concealer brush works, maybe i don't look as good as i think? lol, i hope not!