Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 7/17/2005 2:57:00 PM

This is pretty much the BEST cleanser I have ever used.
its a bit pricey at 18$CAD, but I think its worth it.
The little tiny beads didn;t exfoliate a lot, but using it everyday, you could see the difference. I used up 2 bottles of this, and I LOVE the subtle fragrance.

This is the only cleanser I use, but I have to stop using it for a while for it to have the same effect as it did at first (glow, cleared up skin etc.).
My friend also uses this and she has combo, non-sensitive Asian skin (whereas i have very dry, sensitive, porcelain skin). She loves it just as much as I do.

on 7/5/2005 2:09:00 PM

This is the closest to a HG facial cleanser that I have found. I had pretty good skin in high school, but as soon as I moved away to college it went crazy. I kept switching between Clean & Clear Oil-Free Daily Pore Cleanser, which was too harsh and left my skin blotchy, and Clean & Clear Deep-Action Cream Cleanser, which stripped my skin and seemed to make it produce more oil. I even took oral antibiotics during my first year to help calm my skin down, but they also made me feel nauseous most of the time. At the beginning of my sophomore year I went to a Mary Kay party, and I bought my first package of Velocity that same day. It has just the right balance of cleanser and toner, leaving my skin clear and even without drying it out (I live in a dry climate,) and the fragrance gives me a little lift whenever I use it. (Plus my BF loves the scent.) I never got into using the Velocity moisturizer because it always seemed a little sticky to me, but the new Timewise moisturizer is light and works really well. I have been a Velocity user for 4+ years now and I love it!

on 6/25/2005 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Never use this!! The first time I used this it was fine...didnt really do anything for my skin so I just put it away..then the next time I used it because the person who gave it to me works for Mary Kay and is convinced that it works so she almost made use it..big mistake,the next day I had about 10 new pimples on the top of my forehead where I NEVER had gotten pimples before! Then of course I put it away again but sure enough she came back and I had to use it again because she told me that it would work if I continuously used it would work but once again I had pimples on the sides of my forehead were I never gets pimples and in between my eyebrows were I used to get pimples but haven't since I used Steivamycin. Will never purchase again!

on 5/23/2005 1:39:00 PM

I have been using this product for a couple of years, and it works pretty good. I have an oily T-zone, and this cleanser dries up the oil without drying up the rest of my face. My skin feels very smooth and clean after I use it, and the smell is nice and does't irritate my skin.

on 5/14/2005 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why is this product directed more towards the younger crowd when its fragranced???? This cleanser can be very irritating to young skin. You should not be anything frangranced on your facial skin. This is very bad cleanser.

on 5/11/2005 10:07:00 PM

I like this cleanser. I would prefer it was a tiny bit grittier, but other than that it's good. The smell is not too strong, the product is not to thick or thin, and my skin does feel tighter when I'm done. Will repurchase until I find something better.

I have been using Velocity for about two years now, and really love it. Like many have said, it makes your skin very soft and smooth, and the companion moisturizer won't leave your face greasy and oily. My face is combination skin, and though it seems to have dried out the faces of some others with the same skin type, it doesn't do this for me. I don't have much that I can brag about, but I rarely have acne (I didn't even break out much during adolescence), so I really can't say how good this is when it comes to keeping your face acne-free. My skin is slightly sensitive, and the frangrance (which, in my opinion, is only slight and smells MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the actual Velocity perfume) has never made me break out. I guess it just varies from face to face, but Velocity by MaryKay is a winner for me!

on 4/28/2005 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't usually purchase anything from MaryKay, but I made this purchase based on the excellent skin my cousins had from using it. I've been using it for a while, and I think it works great. I've tried lots of different cleansers, and this one if my favorite so far. I have combo. skin, so I know that it is different for everyone. It does smell really good, but it does have fragrance, so if you have sensitive skin, it's probably not the best thing for you. I would recommend Cetaphil cleansers if you do have sensitive skin. Anyway, I used Velocity with the moisturizer and it works great. Plus I get a great deal on it on E-bay(never opened & brand new) so I don't pay as much as someone who orders it from a MaryKay seller.

on 4/18/2005 4:10:00 PM

A gift from a friend - made my face feel soft and smooth, along with the moisturizer. only problem is that it made me break out as my skin got used to it, and i didn't really stick around to see how much better my skin would get. i would give it another try though. nice clean scent.

on 2/10/2005 11:42:00 PM

Although I am currently on my second bottle of this stuff, and will repurchase, I don't think it's anything special. It smells great and feels great and works to actually clean the skin, but it hasn't made any great improvements on my skin.