April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Velocity Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by angie2882

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never use this!! The first time I used this it was fine...didnt really do anything for my skin so I just put it away..then the next time I used it because the person who gave it to me works for Mary Kay and is convinced that it works so she almost made use it..big mistake,the next day I had about 10 new pimples on the top of my forehead where I NEVER had gotten pimples before! Then of course I put it away again but sure enough she came back and I had to use it again because she told me that it would work if I continuously used it would work but once again I had pimples on the sides of my forehead were I never gets pimples and in between my eyebrows were I used to get pimples but haven't since I used Steivamycin. Will never purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2005 1:39:00 PM More reviews by PaperFlowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of years, and it works pretty good. I have an oily T-zone, and this cleanser dries up the oil without drying up the rest of my face. My skin feels very smooth and clean after I use it, and the smell is nice and does't irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2005 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Why is this product directed more towards the younger crowd when its fragranced???? This cleanser can be very irritating to young skin. You should not be anything frangranced on your facial skin. This is very bad cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by jenny625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. I would prefer it was a tiny bit grittier, but other than that it's good. The smell is not too strong, the product is not to thick or thin, and my skin does feel tighter when I'm done. Will repurchase until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using Velocity for about two years now, and really love it. Like many have said, it makes your skin very soft and smooth, and the companion moisturizer won't leave your face greasy and oily. My face is combination skin, and though it seems to have dried out the faces of some others with the same skin type, it doesn't do this for me. I don't have much that I can brag about, but I rarely have acne (I didn't even break out much during adolescence), so I really can't say how good this is when it comes to keeping your face acne-free. My skin is slightly sensitive, and the frangrance (which, in my opinion, is only slight and smells MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the actual Velocity perfume) has never made me break out. I guess it just varies from face to face, but Velocity by MaryKay is a winner for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2005 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Bridge013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't usually purchase anything from MaryKay, but I made this purchase based on the excellent skin my cousins had from using it. I've been using it for a while, and I think it works great. I've tried lots of different cleansers, and this one if my favorite so far. I have combo. skin, so I know that it is different for everyone. It does smell really good, but it does have fragrance, so if you have sensitive skin, it's probably not the best thing for you. I would recommend Cetaphil cleansers if you do have sensitive skin. Anyway, I used Velocity with the moisturizer and it works great. Plus I get a great deal on it on E-bay(never opened & brand new) so I don't pay as much as someone who orders it from a MaryKay seller.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by anthrochic

A gift from a friend - made my face feel soft and smooth, along with the moisturizer. only problem is that it made me break out as my skin got used to it, and i didn't really stick around to see how much better my skin would get. i would give it another try though. nice clean scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2005 11:42:00 PM More reviews by AppleDeco

Although I am currently on my second bottle of this stuff, and will repurchase, I don't think it's anything special. It smells great and feels great and works to actually clean the skin, but it hasn't made any great improvements on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2004 9:11:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

mmm....smells great and feels great on skin. My skin felt so much softer and smoother after using this cleanser. wow.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2004 1:26:00 AM More reviews by luckystar131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product or oily, acne prone skin. I normally have dry skin, but sometimes use this on oily days. It has a nice fragrance to it and makes my skin feel nice and smooth.