December 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ponds Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes came in handy when I applied lipstick that wasn't vibing with the rest of my look unlike a tissue, it took it off in one swipe without making my lips look super rosy from irritation.

As far as makeup removal I am on the fence. I must admit I wear thick Revlon Colorstay foundation so I usually have to remove my makeup in steps. These wipes did remove the makeup but they weren't super moist (and I JUST purchased them). I had to go over my face with two wipes, as you may expect. I did notice there were different types of wipes I'll try another type and see if that helps.

I didn't even attempt to remove anything on or around the eye area.

I tried the wipe on a no makeup day and it made my skin feel refreshed, smooth, pores refined, and clean.

If you wear thick or thicker makeup I would recommend going with MAC wipes - they are expensive and kinda perfumey but they will remove the most makeup in one wipe.

Overall, I am not dissatisfied but not blown away either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Gabster90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really cheap and removes all of the foundation on my face. I use this to remove my make-up and then cleanse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Iridaceae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product, took off my make up right off. I just had to wash my face with a cleanser afterward and was done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:23:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love these! Makes me feel better about puttin on my make up knowing I can just wipe it all off and leave my skin nourished and clean. The chamomile, Vitamin E and triple tea antioxidant complex really work to leave skin radiant and smooth as well! Great product for a good price.

** It does not remove heavy eye make up completely so I took off one lippie. :-( But that doesn't bother me much as a bit of Vaseline or Olive Oil will do the trick. :) Light eye make up wearers should be fine.

xoxoxoxox
luv,
jessie

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

These actually work pretty good but I am only giving 4 lippies because of the strong scent. These wipes are excellent for touching up mistakes and removing makeup before nighttime cleansing. I actually prefer the Almay pads for the eye area, but I keep these handy, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought these during my first year of college when I would have to redo my makeup in the bathroom really fast because my foundation would look like crap after about 8 hours and I had 14 hour days so I would use these to get off my foundation (and then reapply my makeup). I haven't tried anything else because I am happy with these..I don't use these much anymore because I don't have days that are quite as long and I just deal with the fact my foundation looks like crap most of the time lol but anyways, like another reviewer said- these are great for mistakes. Sometimes I don't moisturize too well and then put on my foundation and notice flakes, so with these wipes I can just wipe it off really quick and reapply my makeup without having to wash my face a million times. I don't use them much like I said but I like having them on hand and the travel size comes with 15 or so and they are pretty handy although they do dry out over time (took me months and months to use up the travel pack) but other than that I'm happy! They seem pretty gentle too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by sandy123

This is one of the items that i must have at all times. It is very useful to take off makeup when i am in a rush or if i make a mistake or even just to use it as a touch up wipe. It works really well! The only thing is that, sometimes i get the soupy thing in my eye and it stings! But overall, i really like this product!! A def. must have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I buy these at costco in I think it's a 3 or 4 pack, plus a travel size pretty cheap. I like them for nights when I'm just too tired/lazy to do the full mu removal. I fold them into forths and go over my entire face 4 times, to ensure I'm really getting clean, slap on the moisterizer, and hit the sack. Gets the grime off, not much scent that I've noticed, but I'm not sensitive to that stuff much. Just works really well. I love the scent of the garnier ones, and when iget a deal on them I use those. But these are a great bargain and do a great job for me. Will buy many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by danisunshine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not the best at washing my face before bed until I found these. They are great and really help me fight acne without causing excessive dryness or redness. Will continue to buy (have bought 3 packs already) because they make my night routine very easy every night. After I wash w/these and let my skin air dry, I apply Night ResQ by Alpha Hydrox. Great routine for me for acne and wrinkles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by dustgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this product. I bought the Pond's towelettes in the white and green packaging before and hated them. They didn't cleanse very well and broke me out. I'm glad I gave these ones a try! I initially bought them exclusively for eye makeup removal (was getting tired of shelling out for Chanel's, which is great, but so $$) and was rec'd these ones on the mu board. I now use it to remove all my makeup. Feels so great on the skin! Big plus...this one doesn't break me out. I am really bad about removing my makeup before I sleep, but this product is so easy to use. I never go to sleep with makeup on now!