October 20, 2014 | 1203 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by kmercedes28

Pros:
Keeps skin mate and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
Breaks easily
sponge that comes with it is terrible

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Hinae26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product quite a bit. I use it over my MAC studio fix fluid, and it makes it very matte without adding anymore coverage which i really dont need with such a thick foundation. Overall its good for if you have oily skin and you want to set your liquid foundation without adding anything thick or noticable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by walver

this powder has no coverage power for my face. cannot cover blemish or any other imperfection. but yes it stays matte all day. so I only use it for retouch my skin. don't expect for adding any coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Clinique products but this powder is just the worst when it comes to oil control. I have no idea why. I apply it and I let some time pass and I'm twice as oily as before. What I do like is that its gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out. I've had different powders by them and they worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by winnui

I've been using this powder for ages. Many times I switched to other brands but I always come back to this product. It neutralizes my oily T-zone. I use it after Clinique blended face powder to set up my sunscreen (I never use foundation). It makes my skin look natural all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set foundation and it gets the job done. It's sheer so it doesn't really leave any color on my face. A lot fo times during the day I will use it to neutralize shine. It also does a great job at doing that. I've been using this powder for 5 years now and I don't plan to stop buying it unless they discontinue the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this powder. Its dry, the color matches (in my opinion) are limited.

I really wouldn't bother with it, I have found better ones in the DS

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I am giving this another star more than what it deserves because I found an unintended use for it: I am able to dump my mineral foundation from Urban Decay into this pan so I can swirl the brush in and apply it to my face. Otherwise, I was going to throw this away (I used most of it then got bored with it and threw away the rest). Yay clinique! Even though it's in a hideous green square, it's useful.

This works fine to set liquid foundation, which is what I use it for since, alone, it does not really provide any coverage (because it is made to be sheer). It doesn't feel thick, though it CAN if too much foundation is applied first, I've noticed this has happened to me a few times- but I am convinced this is due to bad application on my part, not the fault of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by charlesechick

I absolutely adore Clinique powders and this one is no exception, except for the fact that the color is a little dark for me. Other than that, this is a phenomenal product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm almost embarrassed to have been using this powder for so long. I feel like someone's going to tell me I'm too old to whip out a Clinque compact...it seems so "college."

But why give up something that's so perfect? This powder is just sheer enough, stays put, looks natural, doesn't change color or change your makeup color. The sturdy case clicks shut with a satisfying sound and I have never had one break open in my bag. Doesn't smell, lasts for eons, never feels heavy. I could spend months searching for some new brand of powder--but why?

The only thing that could improve upon this perfection would be if they got rid of the green case and made it silver/mirrored like their eyeshadows are now...now that would be a lot more glamorous to whip out in public!