Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

BO0

on 4/14/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I didn't really like this product because it felt heavy on my face and even though it's the right shade for my skin, after re-applying twice it made my skin look darker. Oil control was alright.. could be better.

on 3/29/2010 4:48:00 PM

Pros:
Keeps skin mate and doesn't look cakey

Cons:
Breaks easily
sponge that comes with it is terrible

on 3/29/2010 2:35:00 AM

I like this product quite a bit. I use it over my MAC studio fix fluid, and it makes it very matte without adding anymore coverage which i really dont need with such a thick foundation. Overall its good for if you have oily skin and you want to set your liquid foundation without adding anything thick or noticable.

on 3/19/2010 1:54:00 AM

this powder has no coverage power for my face. cannot cover blemish or any other imperfection. but yes it stays matte all day. so I only use it for retouch my skin. don't expect for adding any coverage.

on 3/9/2010 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

I love Clinique products but this powder is just the worst when it comes to oil control. I have no idea why. I apply it and I let some time pass and I'm twice as oily as before. What I do like is that its gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out. I've had different powders by them and they worked better for me.

on 3/3/2010 5:33:00 AM

I've been using this powder for ages. Many times I switched to other brands but I always come back to this product. It neutralizes my oily T-zone. I use it after Clinique blended face powder to set up my sunscreen (I never use foundation). It makes my skin look natural all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use this to set foundation and it gets the job done. It's sheer so it doesn't really leave any color on my face. A lot fo times during the day I will use it to neutralize shine. It also does a great job at doing that. I've been using this powder for 5 years now and I don't plan to stop buying it unless they discontinue the product.

on 2/12/2010 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't like this powder. Its dry, the color matches (in my opinion) are limited.

I really wouldn't bother with it, I have found better ones in the DS

on 2/12/2010 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Edit: I am giving this another star more than what it deserves because I found an unintended use for it: I am able to dump my mineral foundation from Urban Decay into this pan so I can swirl the brush in and apply it to my face. Otherwise, I was going to throw this away (I used most of it then got bored with it and threw away the rest). Yay clinique! Even though it's in a hideous green square, it's useful.

This works fine to set liquid foundation, which is what I use it for since, alone, it does not really provide any coverage (because it is made to be sheer). It doesn't feel thick, though it CAN if too much foundation is applied first, I've noticed this has happened to me a few times- but I am convinced this is due to bad application on my part, not the fault of the product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely adore Clinique powders and this one is no exception, except for the fact that the color is a little dark for me. Other than that, this is a phenomenal product.

Recommended for Normal Skin