September 18, 2014 | 1342 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by walver

this powder has no coverage power for my face. cannot cover blemish or any other imperfection. but yes it stays matte all day. so I only use it for retouch my skin. don't expect for adding any coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Clinique products but this powder is just the worst when it comes to oil control. I have no idea why. I apply it and I let some time pass and I'm twice as oily as before. What I do like is that its gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, and doesn't break me out. I've had different powders by them and they worked better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by winnui

I've been using this powder for ages. Many times I switched to other brands but I always come back to this product. It neutralizes my oily T-zone. I use it after Clinique blended face powder to set up my sunscreen (I never use foundation). It makes my skin look natural all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set foundation and it gets the job done. It's sheer so it doesn't really leave any color on my face. A lot fo times during the day I will use it to neutralize shine. It also does a great job at doing that. I've been using this powder for 5 years now and I don't plan to stop buying it unless they discontinue the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:35:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this powder. Its dry, the color matches (in my opinion) are limited.

I really wouldn't bother with it, I have found better ones in the DS

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: I am giving this another star more than what it deserves because I found an unintended use for it: I am able to dump my mineral foundation from Urban Decay into this pan so I can swirl the brush in and apply it to my face. Otherwise, I was going to throw this away (I used most of it then got bored with it and threw away the rest). Yay clinique! Even though it's in a hideous green square, it's useful.

This works fine to set liquid foundation, which is what I use it for since, alone, it does not really provide any coverage (because it is made to be sheer). It doesn't feel thick, though it CAN if too much foundation is applied first, I've noticed this has happened to me a few times- but I am convinced this is due to bad application on my part, not the fault of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by charlesechick

I absolutely adore Clinique powders and this one is no exception, except for the fact that the color is a little dark for me. Other than that, this is a phenomenal product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm almost embarrassed to have been using this powder for so long. I feel like someone's going to tell me I'm too old to whip out a Clinque compact...it seems so "college."

But why give up something that's so perfect? This powder is just sheer enough, stays put, looks natural, doesn't change color or change your makeup color. The sturdy case clicks shut with a satisfying sound and I have never had one break open in my bag. Doesn't smell, lasts for eons, never feels heavy. I could spend months searching for some new brand of powder--but why?

The only thing that could improve upon this perfection would be if they got rid of the green case and made it silver/mirrored like their eyeshadows are now...now that would be a lot more glamorous to whip out in public!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by veggiebetty

Sheer is definitely the operative word in the name of this powder. It goes on very light, which is particularly helpful on those days when a more casual look is needed. It also has good mattifying properties and can be reapplied during the day without looking streaky or getting caked into the skin. The only issue I have is that the pad seems to collect powder on it when touched to oily spots, so it needs to be washed a bit more often.
Also, for those interested, I contacted a Clinique representative who assured me this powder is vegan and does not contain any animal-derived ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by sophielondon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

May I start by saying I have the oiliest nose in the world! And my forehead gets a bit shiny after a day of wearing make up. I recently switch to Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation which I have also reviewed, and this keeps my skin looking fresh and flawless most of the day - my nose however, no foundation on earth can cope with! So although I don't like the idea of wearing foundation plus powder as it just sounds too heavy, I do need a couple of dustings of powder thoughout the day. I previously used drugstore powders as I figured foundation and other make up is where to spend the money, and I've broken a few MAC and Estee Lauder powders so thought it more financially viable to get cheapo ones. But you really do get what you pay for. Having used Maybelline and Rimmel's mattifying powders (always in transluscent) I got tired of having to powder my nose every three or four hours so I bought this one (also in invisible.) It really is perfectly transluscent, with no colour pay off at all even if you are heavy handed in your application. It is smooth, seems pretty finely milled to me, and sets my foundation perfectly at the start of the day. It looks ever so natural - the reason I love Mat Lumiere is the gorgeous airbrushed glow it gives me, I would not want to cover this with a heavy powder and Clinque Stay Matte seems to have an incredibly light, almost non existant coverage. But it keeps my t-zone under control for hours longer than I have experienced with any other powder.
It comes in the traditional Clinique pastel-mint green colour compact, which some people dislike as it reminds them of their grandmother's make up (I think my grandma had a green Clinique compact back in the mists of time!) and others like the vintage-type effect. Personally I like them, they are elegant and classy unlike the YSL gold packaging which I think is very tacky looking considering the price! Anyway, it's about what's inside and what's inside this compact is great :)
I set my makeup with it at 7am when I apply it, lightly dust my nose with it at about 2pm but only if clients are coming into the office...otherwise I still look good by 6pm, if slightly dewy (big difference between dewy and shiny!)
This is my new favourite powder and the invisible shade is the best transulscent powder I have come across.