November 24, 2014 | 963 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This makeup remover is very effective and a little goes a long way. I've never purchased a full size container but got a generous GWP of this and have had it for... I'd say close to 6 months and I still have some left! For just a sample that is pretty astounding. I don't use this everyday however, probably 3-4 times a week. Still, I'm pretty impressed by that.
Like others have mentioned, though, it is quite greasy and leaves an overly oily film and sheen around your eyes which then has to be removed with a cleanser or toner. I also just dislike the idea of needing to buy a High End makeup removing product. Come on now, even the remover needs to be $20? It's hard to say whether or not I'll purchase this product because of how long a small amount of it has lasted me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by KandEandS

I have been using this for years! and this is the only remover that will actually remove everything and doesnt irritate the skin around the eyes. I use it at the end of the day before washing my face with my facial cleanser. Great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In all honesty you can't pay me to use this. Worst makeup remover I have ever tried. Greasy film. Straigjht oily. Barely removed anything. Good thing I used a friends and didn't buy it myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by PandaNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I don't use it to take off my makeup at night, I like using wipes for that. But I use this to correct eye makeup mistakes. I dip a q-tip in and it's so easy. It fixes every mistake so easily without a big mess. I got a mini-bottle in the Sephora 2011 lashstash and I don't probably won't have to buy a big one for a looooong time :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer the Mary Kay product over this, it's less oily and more silky. This product seems to require that you wash it off with soap and water or else you leave a greasy film that can get into your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is another Clinique eye makeup remover which I initially received in a GWP and then went on to purchase in the full size because I like it so much and it is so effective. For me, this is an "end of the day/before bed" product because it leaves behind an oily film that then needs to be washed away with your traditional cleanser so using it for a quick fix or eye makeup change before going out doesn't work that well. But Take the Day Off really lives up to its name - it takes off just about any mascara you care to throw at it, as well as primers, long lasting cream shadows, waterproof liner, long wearing concealer - everything dissolves with this product. It's also good for getting off the "ring" or stains left by long-wearing lipsticks. All in all, a great product that does what it says it will do!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying every drugstore brand of makeup remover under the sun, I finally gave in and bought this after numerous glowing reviews. I must say that it definitely lives up to the hype. It definitely has a bit of an oily consistency, so I wipe my lids off with a dry cotton ball after use, but it penetrates through primer, shadow, liner, mascara... you name it. And the best part is that there's no rubbing or tugging. My eyes are happy and so am I! It is a little pricey, but a little goes a long way so it's not a bad value overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have 3 bottles of this stuff, 2 empty. I think I started using it in June, but kept spilling the bottle so now I'm on the 3rd lol. One swipe of this could take off even snooki's makeup. It cuts straight through primer, waterproof mascara and/or eyeliner, you name it! My only fuss is that I wish the bottle had a nozzle or something so it would dispense less messily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

I wear a lot of waterproof eye makeup, so naturally I've tried a lot of eye makeup removers. This one is hands down the best - takes everything off, no tugging, and no parabens. A must-have for any eye makeup fanatic.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I`m not a fan of Clinique products, but this is AWESOME! I have sensitive eyes and I always wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner. Often I have problems removing eye makeup, I have tried: Clarins, L`oreal, Neutrogena (the oils sticks inside my eyes with this one) and Bioderma (this one is great for the rest of the face, but not strong enough for waterproof eye makeup), but they were not good enough to remove stubborn mascara, I had to use too much product to remove it, rubbing several times and my eyes ended up oily, blurry and really red, tears coming down my face. But this Clinique eye makeup remover is great, removes makeup completely in a few swabs without problems for my sensitive eyes!!! A little bit pricey but I will repurchase.