September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lustreglass - Spring Bean

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SweetMidori

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first ever lustreglass and I LOVE IT. Green is my favourite colour and while I was initially attracted to this because of that, the MA said it would help tone down my naturally pigmented lips. It makes them a gorgeous natural caramel/honey shade that lokos amazing with a bold eye! one of my friends has lips that are pretty much the same shade as her skin though, and it doesn't look very good on her unless she has lipstick underneath, so keep that in mind!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 3:26:00 PM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

lustreglass is my favorite lip gloss, hands down, and this is the one i've used the most out of all of mine! great, basic everyday color, and the green neutralizes the red in my lips for a very sheer slightly nude, "caramel" (as people have said) look. great for when i'm wearing gold/bronze colors and want to town down my lips just a bit. i love it! besides, how much fun is it to have sparkly ectoplasmic neon green lip gloss in your handbag??

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 5:39:00 PM More reviews by PookyWooky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this gloss! Dont be put off by the green color, it actually goes on a honey caramel. Very nice, and smells good too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2006 8:55:00 AM More reviews by saldal

I bought this after reading the reviews here and was slightly disappointed. This does look good over any lipstick but i found the glitter to be slightly chunky on my lips so it is not comfortable to wear. A very easy to use product though as it can go over anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by cassidyrae

It was bound to happen...my first MAC disappointment! I went to the MAC counter fully intending to purchase Squirt. Based on reviews on here...given my lip pigmentation and coloring I felt Squirt would be excellent. The sales woman informed me that they didn't carry it there and suggested Spring Bean as the close alternative. She kind of discouraged me from Squirt in saying she, herself, wouldn't want a green gloss...was this a MAC lady?! I've read that it carmelizes on the lips and doesn't come off that way if you the look to pull it off...which I honestly though she could have given she had dark lips and skin. Tried one swipe at home and basically this shade comes off as a clear gloss on me so I'm not satisfied at all. I could have bought a clear gloss Anywhere for much cheaper.

I'm sure that this would be flattering to other complexions, probably lighter ones than myself. (For reference I am N5)I'm looking to swap my Spring Bean for Squirt!! Brand spanking new, ladies!

**Edited to say that while I read a lot of people prefer the brush on lustre glass for application, I disliked it. I prefer the spongy applicator that comes w/ the lip glass.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ITA w/previous review. My lips are pigmented. Top lip is dark brown and bottom lip is dark brown w/red color. This was clear on my lips. I guess since my lips have the carmel pigmentation mentioned Spring Bean looks clear. I like to feel of MAC glosses. Not too gloopy feeling. I may purchase other colors but not Spring Bean. I didn't notice the smell others mentioned. To sum it up, like the product, just not for my coloring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 5:28:00 PM More reviews by LaGitana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

On its own Spring Bean is a blah color. The caramel color everyone talks about is almost unnoticeable. It has gold and green glitter and feels a little gritty on the lips. Like others have mentioned, the smell is slightly more plasticky than the traditional vanilla. I think this works better as an enhancer, much like Phosporelle, Lure-X, etc. With a red l/s the results are much more dramatic. I'm going to try mixing it with Venetian to see if I get a good combination.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by styrch

Let me start off by saying I have fairly well pigmented lips. I found it to give me that nice honey color people are talking about, but it was very subtle. Another reviewer said that it left a green film: Yes, it does... but only if you glop it on A LOT! At least that's what happened with my lips.

I do not have too much to add. I don't think I'll repurchase unless I get addicted to it. There's nothing "special" about this color other than the "Shock value". I'll probably still reach for something like Love Nectar instead of this if I'm going for a subtle color change with a bit of sparkle.

For reference, I'm an NC100 in the Hyper Real, blonde hair, blue-green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2006 5:42:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this on ebay because of the reviews here. I love this, over lipstick or on it's own. It's beautiful!!!!!!!!! Crazy green color, would not have even thought to try. Thanks girls!!!!!1

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 1:37:00 AM More reviews by zoey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a scary sheer sparkly green in the tube. When applied to my pigmented lips, I get a beautifully caramelly color that I have a hard time achieving because of my natural pigment! It is slightly gritty because of the glitter. A very nice look when you're running out the door and don't have time to coordinate your colors!