November 21, 2014 | 1700 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by shelbyrana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Perfect blush! Especially for summer. I just apply this with my fingers, sometimes if I need to I'll blend it out with a blush brush.

This provides the perfect, natural peachy-pink glow to my NW20 skintone, and you do get a good amount of product for the price. A little goes a long way with this blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really gorgeous subtle peachy cream blush that works really well for my light NC25 skin. It doesn't leave me looking like I coated my face with glitter (which is a problem with a lot of blushes) and gives me a nice natural flush. I usually pick it up from the pan with my clean fingers, dot it on the outer apples of my cheeks and blend it inward with my Sonia Kashuk flat-topped blush brush. I also blend it with fingers, but I think it looks more natural with the brush. It's a great product and you get a decent amount, but it's a little overpriced. I expect it will last me a year or so, but I would probably repurchase if I can't find a lower-priced alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product with good packaging. This is a pretty, creamy pink/nude blush that looks best on fair skin tons. I use this either with a foundations brush or my fingers and get a lovely, glowy look which usually wears about six hours. I would buy this again and I would also love to try more NARS cream blushes as this is the only one I have tried so far. Again, a wonderful staple light pink blush, definitely worth trying and worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by yanyan712

I used to use Orgasm powder for the longest time but I find that a bit too much color. This color is very subtle and goes on natural -- perfect shade for the daytime. It glides on the skin very nicely without any streaks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this a couple months ago, and this is now a staple in my makeup bag. On days when I don't feel like looking too made up, this is what I reach for. Of all my cream blushes, I find this one the easiest to apply (even compared to other NARS cream blushes, like Catcus Flower). It's very smooth and easy to blend. It looks natural and glowy. It adds something without adding too much. For weekends, I grab this, tinted moisturizer and mascara and I'm done and out the door.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Leksa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I just purchased this blush after reading the rave reviews here. I am quite fair and this gives the perfect amount of colour, for that slightly flushed look. If I have more of a tan, or if i'm going out, I just pop a bit of NARS orgasm over the top. But I definitely prefer the cream texture, I personally think it's much more natural looking, and it doesn't irritate my skin. Packaging is annoying because it only stays clean for the first moment it's out of the box. Will repurchase.

EDIT: can't pop some nars orgasm over the top because it breaks me out. Still love penny lane for day time use though, but doesn't seem like enough for the evening.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by gigiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a huge fan of the NARS powder blushes I was very excited to try my first cream blush. I got Penny Lane in a swap and was sad to find myself underwhelmed. I was hoping for an easy to apply, natural everyday glowy blush. However, I'm not sure if it was my particular one or not, but it was very dry and difficult to apply. I applied with clean fingers and I found myself rubbing it so much, trying to get it to apply evenly, that my foundation underneath was coming off. I think cream blushes just aren't for me!! Gorgeous neutral pink color though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MerMcClain9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorites in my makeup bag. It lasts forever, goes on beautifully and the color is excellent.

Nars is a beatifully packaged line and their blushes are truly a steal for $25 based on not only the quality of the product but also the longevity. I own about seven of the colors total- Penny Lane ( cream ), Cactus Flower (cream), Madly (powder), Angelika ( powder), Nico (powder), Deep Throat ( powder) and Dolce Vita ( powder). GORGEOUS.

I hate to be a bummer but the Orgasm shades disappointed me; and it truly is their best seller; especially in the fact that it is a nail polish, blush, multiple, lipgloss and a new liquid highlighter. While it is toted as the color best on everyone, I found it went way too gold on my skin and I am fair with pink undertones and relatively even skintone. I am certainly not knocking the color because it works for about 99% of everyone else. I just happen to like the other shades in comparison much better.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great color for the summer or when you want a more "natural" or nude look to your makeup. I've been using the same container for two years now. Of course, I must have 20 different blushes in my drawer. I get tired of the same colors. The nars creams can be layered for more color, but are beautifully subtle on their own. And cream formulas a great for us older women. Especially in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow! I am not a big cream blush fan, but I really wanted to try this one from NARS. I am SO glad I did! This definitely does not apply like most cream blushes, it almost applies like a powder. I use my *clean* fingers to apply this to my cheeks, and it blends effortlessly and is not sticky in any way.
    I love putting NARS Madly, or MAC's The Perfect Cheek over top of this blush - but it's gorgeous on it's own! I would definitely buy again, even at the now even steeper price of $26.

I am in love!