April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kamoha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous colour and moistening and it makes your lips tingle, I am generally leary of balms as opposed to lip gloss but this goes on as a balm but is very glossy and light and the minty hint makes my lips tingle :) Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This has become one of my standards for weekends or when I'm in a rush. Because it's quite sheer, I can apply it quickly in the car at a stop light, and the slim size makes precision a bit easier under those circumstances. Rhubarb is a great neutral color for me (fair blue-eyed medium brunette)--not too bright or too pale. I even bought a spare to keep in my desk at work! I don't mind the peppermint scent, but the tingle startled me the first time or two I used it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I think the color is alright--a nice pinky sheer--nothing special. Price is right though. My main beef with these (and all Burt's Bees) lip products is the peppermint overdose. I hate the tingle and the smell of it on my lips, plus, peppermint essential oil irritates lips! I realize I am in the minority in that, but were it not for the peppermint, I'd probably buy this product loyally.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Evanstar

I keep this on hand as an alternative to chap stick. The color is subtle and looks nice when I go out without make up. Very light and smooth. I recommend this one. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kittykittybambam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only way I can get this to go on right is my stretching my lips out in a smile, slathering the stuff on really really generously, and then blot. It makes reappplication more than a little meddlesome but for the price, adn the fact it doesn't make my lipline break out, it's pretty darn good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Ellssa

I love Burt's Bees lip shimmers. Rhubarb is such a natural lushus shade it leaves my lips looking plump and naturally enhanced. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jennyguest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most lipsticks dry my lips out badly. This however gives me great color AND soft lips! You can control how much pigment you get based on how you put it on. Dab lightly to get YLBB, or be generous and get a nice redish pink that would probably look fab with most other make-up colors. I tend to wear very little makeup, but I definately adore this! I can't wait to try out a few other shades in this line.

BTW-- I'm a PPP with black hair and blue eyes, and this makes my skin look stellar!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2006 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ImYourConscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this color first seeing 'shimmer' in the name, and expecting it to be alittle more sheer. Not quite. It applies more like a lipsick and was pretty outrageous looking on my skin tone--it ended up looking somewhat magenta. I have found that if I blot it though and add a pink gloss on top it does look nice though. I like the way it makes my lips feel nice and soft also so while I don't think I'll buy this color again, I plan to try other shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2006 3:49:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

These are so incredible. This shade is a touch too bright for me, but perfect when I want drama. Very pigmented. Very moisturizing. I love their signature minty taste/scent. Love this so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 4:25:00 AM More reviews by bellstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour turns out magenta on liberal application and wears off to a berry-ish pink, neither of which looks natural on my lightly tanned NC30 skin. The shimmer is hardly noticeable at all.

The tip size is smaller than normal which is great more precise application, however you need to be careful not to roll the stick up too much because it won't go back down.

Price is OK but when you consider how little product you get - $14 Aussie for 2.6 grams - it is relatively more expensive than others.

Rhubarb is my first lip shimmer and whilst I'm not too thrilled about the colour, I really like how soft this makes my lips. The peppermint smell and tingle are also very soothing. I'll definitely be trying out other shades in this range.