October 30, 2014 | 1128 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2007 4:11:00 AM More reviews by t_rex

im asian nc35. this product's packaging and price is something that you can put in all your bags so that you will never be caught without lipcolor ever again. it has the same circumference as a mongol pencil very thin not bulky. ideal for bringing along in a small bag when there is not enough room for lipstick anymore. rhubarb's shimmery pink looks natural lipcolor. not longlasting so constant application is a must. you can apply it discreetly even w/o mirror coz of it's tiny packaging and natural color

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 2:13:00 AM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Rubarb was a nice colour for my NC-30 asian skin. I liked the minty feeling, but I found that it didn't moisturize all that well, even though it was suppose to be a really good lip balm. I still prefer Kiel's #1 lip balm by far!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2007 6:43:00 AM More reviews by songofthewind

The colour is a deep mauve/berry/pink and more pigmented than I thought. A light layer is alright for everyday use and the light shimmer is nice on the lips. There's a slight tingle at first but it goes away quickly. I think this lip shimmer is great for daily use. Just don't slather it on too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kamoha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous colour and moistening and it makes your lips tingle, I am generally leary of balms as opposed to lip gloss but this goes on as a balm but is very glossy and light and the minty hint makes my lips tingle :) Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lainetm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This has become one of my standards for weekends or when I'm in a rush. Because it's quite sheer, I can apply it quickly in the car at a stop light, and the slim size makes precision a bit easier under those circumstances. Rhubarb is a great neutral color for me (fair blue-eyed medium brunette)--not too bright or too pale. I even bought a spare to keep in my desk at work! I don't mind the peppermint scent, but the tingle startled me the first time or two I used it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by keahi

I think the color is alright--a nice pinky sheer--nothing special. Price is right though. My main beef with these (and all Burt's Bees) lip products is the peppermint overdose. I hate the tingle and the smell of it on my lips, plus, peppermint essential oil irritates lips! I realize I am in the minority in that, but were it not for the peppermint, I'd probably buy this product loyally.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Evanstar

I keep this on hand as an alternative to chap stick. The color is subtle and looks nice when I go out without make up. Very light and smooth. I recommend this one. =)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kittykittybambam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only way I can get this to go on right is my stretching my lips out in a smile, slathering the stuff on really really generously, and then blot. It makes reappplication more than a little meddlesome but for the price, adn the fact it doesn't make my lipline break out, it's pretty darn good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Ellssa

I love Burt's Bees lip shimmers. Rhubarb is such a natural lushus shade it leaves my lips looking plump and naturally enhanced. LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2006 4:40:00 PM More reviews by jennyguest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Most lipsticks dry my lips out badly. This however gives me great color AND soft lips! You can control how much pigment you get based on how you put it on. Dab lightly to get YLBB, or be generous and get a nice redish pink that would probably look fab with most other make-up colors. I tend to wear very little makeup, but I definately adore this! I can't wait to try out a few other shades in this line.

BTW-- I'm a PPP with black hair and blue eyes, and this makes my skin look stellar!