November 24, 2014 | 1986 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by nellja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't think of Cleanance K as an acne solution - have had a few minor pimples when I tried to use it every other day or daily. But as a biweekly or weekly exfoliator, it's incomparable. Does incredible things to soften and tone skin (via, as all have said, AHA and BHA action). The day or two after using it, my skin looks dewy, fresh - young.

I've had no stinging/redness, despite having sensitive/acne prone skin. I use the recommended 'pea size' amount, and only at night.

At the moment am using Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Lotion with this product. Tried the Cleanance wash, but it somehow both aggravated and failed to wash my face!

I have found that pores seem slightly larger, but that might be because they've been exfoliated. That or the hot weather, not sure.

For dealing with the acne, the best thing I'd ever used was Olay's Daily Facials Lathering Cleanser (not the wipes; UK product). Solved all my acne woes - cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, via a gentle salicylic acid wash - until *all* my local Boots stopped stocking it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a make up base; a 'buffer' between my acne-prone skin and my make up. It works, though it needs some time to absorp and the smell is not good (but disappears after few minutes).

Since I faithfully use this together with Effaclar wash gel and Benzac benzoyl peroxide, I have really clear skin. (but must use them every day to stay clear!)

I'm an Avene fan but I don't think the anti-acne line is strong enough to solve your acne issues. But they are great for calming your skin after having used more aggressive products (like BP).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

I bought this product thinking it wouldnt help my pimples and acne; ive tried everything you can imagine, benoyl peroxide creams, salicylic acid gels, nothing at all, masks, you name it in any brand and ive tried it.

this is the only thing that has diminished my scars and prevented any more pimples coming through and i am DEFINATELY HAPPY! over the moon in fact.
the first time i used it i rubbed it all over my face and when i woke up the next morning, my pimple free cheek was as smooth as a babys bottom. my pores were smaller, the skin tighter and just glowing. my pimple sided cheek had the same texture, but abit of the redness had gone down, and my pimples on my forehead were smaller and less red and bumpy. the only thing i did different was this cream. i am cheering.

it has glycolic acid and aha's and bha's so it kinda exfoliates the skin. no benzoyl peroxide (which i had been using for months-even close to a year with no results) which makes my skin flaky and dry. salicylic acid to kill bacteria and it smells nice too.

i am so happy with this prduct. one downfall- the price. i paid $21.99 for a 40ml tube, but then later found out i could buy it for $16.99 downstairs at the discount chemist. ill be going to the latter next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Rabbers

This product really works for me. It has made my skin smoother and definitely reduced the amount of spots I get. It works as an chemical exfoliant and therefore it helps to prevent pores clogging. I am on my second tube already and will definitely be repurchasing. It even smells nice and fresh. I use it every night and occasionally in the morning. The tube lasts around 2-3 months. Affordable product with effective results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lianegraham

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff, which obviously means I'm a fan. I credit my HORRENDOUS adult acne clearing up almost single handedly to this product. It is truly a life saver. Very gentle on the skin (and mine is quite sensitive), but really effective too. It does sting a little if you put it on over a spot, but it's a twinge that lasts barely a second and is a sign that the product is working. I prefer to use it at night because I find it cumbersome as a make-up base, but once a day is enough, even if you have pretty bad acne. It works great with the Cleanance soapless gel cleanser so if you're considering this product, consider getting the cleanser, too.
UPDATE: They're discontinuing this. I'm heartbroken. Stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by moony88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has helped maintained my skin free from acne. I never realized this until I stopped using this and started moisturizing with jojoba oil, which broke me out so bad. I'm pretty sure I broke out because of these two things; I stopped using this and also because I started using jojoba oil. When I use this again together with jojoba, the break out was slightly reduced but not completely. And now that I have stopped using jojoba oil and using this back again, my skin is slowly clearing up. Oh, the tube lasted me for almost 6 months and I'm on my second tube already :) I apply this after the benzoyl peroxide COMPLETELY dries and I use only a small amount of this or it'll tend to ball up. Only con is that this tends to give me shiny sheen and because of that I only use it at night. This might sting your skin the first few times you use it but it'll go away after a few uses. Just don't forget to use a good sunscreen in the day even if you're using this at night! Hope this review helps :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I quite like this. I don't have acne prone skin, but around my time of the month I suffer from really nasty breakouts (whiteheads) on my chin, cheeks & forehead. They are usually red and inflammed. I wasn't expecting much from Cleanance K, but I'm pleasantly suprised with the results it gives me. After washing my face, I apply toner and wait for it to dry, then apply CK to all my blemishes (I don't use this all over my face otherwise it makes my skin dry and start peeling) as a spot treatment. I leave it on for about 5 mins before rubbing it in until it's completely absorbed, then apply my regular moisturizer all over my face. The next day, my blemishes have decreased in size and reddness, and most of the whiteheads have popped. I have some blackheads on my nose but I don't notice a reduction in them when I use this - CK only works on whiteheads or inflammed pimples for me.

It's not a miracle product but it really does help calm my breakouts and get rid of them quicker. I only use this when I experience breakouts, not every day. It's rather harsh - they say this is for "oily/blemish prone skin" so I wouldn't use it everyday. 1 bottle lasts me AGES so it's worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

I have larger pores and a constant battle with blackheads. I rarely have a pimple, but I'm always fighting the dirty little pore-clogging bastards. Yet I thought I had things under control, because I'm pretty good about skincare - I always cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize. But in recent weeks I started to notice the blackheads were beating even my best cleansing methods, and I turned to the skincare board, where I found agreeable reviews of Cleanance K. I'm an Avene fan to begin with, and wondered why I'd ever stopped my Avene regimen, since when I was on it, my skin seemed to be at its clearest.

So I kept up with using my MAC Cleanse Off oil to remove makeup, and I follow up with Avene's Cleanance soap free cleanser. I then use a small amount of Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer, and a dab of Cleanance K on the problem areas, like my nose and inner cheeks. I've found the best results to come from using this only two or three times a week; any more than that, and I'll peel (a fact I was mortified to discover one morning when huge flakes of skin started to peel off my nose).

So with continued and regular use, my blackheads are disappearing. They're not entirely all gone, but it's only been about three or four weeks. The amount that have disappeared is so impressive that I know if I stick to this, I'll be absolutely clear in no time. $26 CDN, available at Shoppers Drug Marts and Rexall pharmacies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:10:00 AM More reviews by cw9090

I think this seemed to be very promising as there are not many creams designed to reduce blackheads and blemishes. It is a thick consistency which put me off a little as it felt heavy on top of my skin and comes on greasy on combination skin.
I've been using this for about 1 week (probably not enough time to give it chance) but some days I'll wake up and my skin can feel clear and others it feels like it makes it worse!
Really really wanted this to work as it would have helped me so much with my stubborn blackheads which I've tried almost every product on the market for!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by MarilynMonroeMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for gentle maintenance of acne prone skin. I would say it's more effective when used patiently- if you are naughty and squeeze, this product is not as effective.
I wait til it's been absorbed then lightly spray the thermal water on top as someone below recommended- it works twice as well like this!
Doesn't make your skin red, angry or dry.
Heals your blemished skin rather than ATTACKING it like some products ( you know who you are proactive!)
Love the ingredient content- doesn't feel harsh chemical like others.