MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 1/6/2012 12:07:00 PM

AMAZING COLOR!!!! I think this purplelish color would look GREAT on anyone or any skin tone. Is the perfect purple tone without being so purple. You can definitely dress it up or down! it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! it's worth every penny! Go ahead and give it a tryyyy :)

on 1/6/2012 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like purple lipstick i'd give this a go. It's a purpley pink colour which I actually get loads of compliments on when I wear it. It feels nice on and for me is quite long wearing. Not my favourite colour as I prefer pinks and orangey nudes but I was looking for something a but different and this wasn't too much of a change for me. I'm yet to find a colour like this in other ranges which makes it quite unique. I'd buy it again as I like the compliments!

on 12/9/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

It's what i wanted lavender whip to be. I love it. Nc45 for referrence .

on 11/1/2011 12:04:00 PM

This is a gorgeous, blue based pink. Love this with winged eyeliner for a night out on the town.

on 10/13/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like I like! Though darker than I thought it would be. From photos it simply looked purple but on my lips it's dark purple. I also thought it would be more pigmented that it actually is. However it's still quite purpley, almost a 'safe' purple in my book! It isn't over the top - unless you go swipe mad of course! ;-) It has a creamy consistency and it's not drying at all. Actually, after wiping it off my lips they felt very moisturised. One thing, it does make your teeth look slightly on the yellowy side. Dayyyym, I hate that about certain lip colours! Anyhow, I think this would look great on all skin colours, especially the paler types and people with brown eyes. Hope this helps someone! :-)

This lipstick must be one of my absolute all-time favourites, I LOVE IT!! Its texture is light, not too creamy and doesnt sneak out your lips, creating that horrid feathered look. The colour is great, mysterious and can be worn with little makeup for a simple-yet-look-at-me finish or a deep dramatic one with smoky or cat eyes.

Enjoy!

on 9/11/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lipstick. Amplified is my favorite finish and I find it so easy to wear. Creamy and bright but doesn't dry out your lips. Up The Amp is a very magenta purple. I really wanted something more lavender and pastel, but ended up with this. It looks quite dark on me because I'm so pale. I've got to be careful I dont look to gothy with this one! I'm NC20. Love to wear this lightly buffed on to my cheeks with a 190 brush too.

on 8/31/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A Must Have for those of us who love a BOLD lip. The name says it all.
I am an NW45 and this was recommended to me by one of the Mac MUA and she said to use magenta lip pencil first then current lip pencil and fill in with Up The Amp. All I can say is WOW!!! I was receiving compliments from strangers before I could leave the store. I would describe this as an Industrial-Strength Lavender.
If you are looking for that special POP for your lips, I suggest Up the Amp. But Beware, this color is very intense, not for the faint of heart.

on 8/16/2011 11:09:00 PM

I love this color! Its the perfect purple on me, not in your face and not dull. Very creamy and smooth. I would buy it again. MAC lipstick is the best there is!!

on 7/7/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I bought Revlon Berry Haute first. I liked it and everyone said it was a dupe for Up The Amp. It's not. I went to MAC to buy something else and saw Up The Amp in person. I bought it immediately. When I got home I swatched them both and Up The Amp is more intense. Not to mention it feels better on the lip. I had to darken it up with some random puple liner I have and it came out perfect. I didn't need gloss or anything over it.
UPDATE: Okay. I used Nightmoth liner and Revlon Lilac Pastelle and it was hotttttt!

Popular Lipsticks