MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 8/31/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A Must Have for those of us who love a BOLD lip. The name says it all.
I am an NW45 and this was recommended to me by one of the Mac MUA and she said to use magenta lip pencil first then current lip pencil and fill in with Up The Amp. All I can say is WOW!!! I was receiving compliments from strangers before I could leave the store. I would describe this as an Industrial-Strength Lavender.
If you are looking for that special POP for your lips, I suggest Up the Amp. But Beware, this color is very intense, not for the faint of heart.

on 8/16/2011 11:09:00 PM

I love this color! Its the perfect purple on me, not in your face and not dull. Very creamy and smooth. I would buy it again. MAC lipstick is the best there is!!

on 7/7/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

So I bought Revlon Berry Haute first. I liked it and everyone said it was a dupe for Up The Amp. It's not. I went to MAC to buy something else and saw Up The Amp in person. I bought it immediately. When I got home I swatched them both and Up The Amp is more intense. Not to mention it feels better on the lip. I had to darken it up with some random puple liner I have and it came out perfect. I didn't need gloss or anything over it.
UPDATE: Okay. I used Nightmoth liner and Revlon Lilac Pastelle and it was hotttttt!

on 6/30/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I thought this was going to be an amped-up version of faux - still in the vibrant blue-pink family, just with more purple undertones. Up the Amp, however, is straight up purple. Like bright, glowing, radioactive purple. I was horrified when I first put in on my lips and promptly packed it back up to return, but then I decided to give it another chance by mixing it with other products. Since I have yet to find a use for my VG Gaga II (much too pale for my NW15 skin) I put on a coat of that, lightly blotted, and then swiped on Up the Amp. Lovely! It's the color I thought I was getting - a bright, milky pink lavender. So while I'm not a fan of lipsticks that don't work for me right out of the tube, I'm keeping it after all, if only because now I have a purpose for my Gaga II!

on 6/25/2011 10:26:00 PM

This lipstick has a great soft, creamy texture. Really comfortable to wear. I would not purchase this color again as its too purple for me. I would however buy the brand, just in a different color.

Up the Amp is a purple pink. It tends to look more pinkish than purple on me. It especially pops when I apply the dazzleglass in "Money Honey" over top of it. Gives it wow factor and everyone compliments it :)

on 5/30/2011 9:26:00 PM

I love this. It's an Amplified Creme and their textures are really smooth and feel good on the lips. I don't like purple lips believe me, but this looks good applied the right way. I apply one coat and put a light pink lipgloss on top. It then looks pink with a purple hue rather than sooo purpley. However I love the pinky purple look it gives me once I put the gloss over it. I am Asian and that is a much more flattering way to wear the lipstick. Good product and good staying power.

on 5/26/2011 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This looks fabulous on fair skin. My mother wears this all the time (its her signature color) and always repurchases it!

on 5/19/2011 9:54:00 AM

Its a beautiful blue based lipstick which gives plenty of coverage and good colour pay off. i've seen it looks purple on some people but on me it looks more pink with just a hint of purple. would definitely buy again.

on 4/8/2011 3:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I'd give this a 4.5 rating if I could!

Color - A lovely lavender shade that gives my face a nice pop of color that isn't too in-your-face. I apply this without any lipliner and do just fine as this is a very forgiving shade. For reference I'm NC20-25 in MAC, 117 in MUFE HD.

Texture - Just amazing. I swear by MAC's Amplified formula and honestly believe its right up there with the high end brands. Its such a dream to wear because it never settles into lines & conceals any imperfections on my lips with its super pigmentation.

Staying Power - This is a bit tricky. Yes, the product deffo stays on my lips for around 6 hours, but the color that's left on the lips after it wears off is a bit yuck. It becomes a sickly lilac color which just looks wrong on me, and I need to reapply. I only like the initial vibrant lavender shade before it wears down, and that doesn't last past a meal.

Popular Lipsticks