April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did nothing for my skin-found it to be incredibly harsh and drying.
I am DSPW

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lovetoread

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great as a body soap. BUT very drying on my face. I have normal to oily skin and I noticed that I seemed to be developing lines under my eyes. I think that the dove soap was causing my skin to become dehydrated. AS soon as I switched to another face wash, the undereye lines improved by 100% and my face didn't feel as dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 8:39:00 PM More reviews by calimeli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After searching high and low for a great face cleanser, I feel almost stupid for wasting so much money on other cleansers when all I needed was a bar of Ivory soap!! My face has been clearer than I can remember since I started using Ivory. It doesn't dry my face out or anything! If you are searching for something great... it won't hurt to try this! (it especially won't hurt your wallet!) :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by peggles

I have combo/breakout prone skin. I always thought this soap would "burn" from hearing others talk about it. After using it am/pm for a week, my skin looks great! I always use oil free moisturizer so there was no change after washing with Ivory. I'm not sure I want to stray from this simple routine...the results are too good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 4:40:00 AM More reviews by msjene

Please tell me I haven't been spending thousands of dollars on skincare and this little 50 cent bar of Ivory is all I needed all along. In desperation to find a "cure" for my mildly irritated skin, I started using this simple bar of soap instead of a facewash. I then use Shu Uemura Chamomile Depsea Spray, eye cream and a dab of La Mer, La Prairie Anti-Aging Complex or Aveeno Ultra Calming cream. My skin is so much better now. Who knew? (I have oily/sensitive skin)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 4:55:00 PM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm tempted to give this another shot. I used it a few years ago in HS and my skin became fairly clear with this. I don't have bad acne, but I do have some tiny bumps on my forehead area that you can only see in certain light. This helped to clear those up. I think I stopped using it because I tried something else. I'm very wishy washy when it comes to cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ErisMay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Classic soap and is too drying for my skin. The scent is light and I would buy it and use it if I had to pick this over some of the other generic soaps on the market. It isn't a bad soap but not my favorite either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2005 6:08:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This soap is great to use on your face if you have oily/combo skin. For awhile it was all I used, and people would compliment me on my complexion. As far as using it on your body, it does zap some moisture out of your skin, so I wouldn't use it in the winter.
I love the scent- so clean and so pure! That reminds me, I'll have to buy some next time I go to the store!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2005 4:18:00 AM More reviews by WestEndGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

All I have to say is that I LOVE the scent of this. I always have. The soap also feels smooth and it's just so pure.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2005 4:51:00 PM More reviews by marinablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A skin drying, itch producing, flake activating classic. No thanks.