November 26, 2014 | 1009 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2007 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Lizard65

Well, as much as I've spent on facial cleansers, I was getting tired of too many skin care "routines" day & night. My 92 year old aunt with baby soft skin said that she has only ever used Ivory Soap! I couldn't believe it. I just started using it about a week ago and my sensitive skin that breaks out all the time has actually started to clear up a bit. I am 48 with very large pores and I couldn't believe how this made my pores smaller and is so fast compared to my previous routines. I hope it continues to work.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2007 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

For being toted as one of the "mildest" soaps out there I cannot believe how badly this makes my skin sting! Ugh! Float on Ivory!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes me break out in big time rash especially on my neck, smells nice, but i remember back in the mid or later 1980's they used to have this ivory moisture care Bar and that was GOOD!! It was like an olay bar but in ivory scent version, I wish they would bring that back, procter and gamble are greedy,they are only out to make there money, and get rich and famous!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's a classic and has a great smell. It is so super pure that it floats but for my skin (and I cannot speak for others) it leaves a nasty white film. I have chocolate brown skin and I can literally see this film with my own eyes. I try to wash it off, but I get those lovely dirt/skin/soap curls that rub off the skin but won't wash off. Then, after I moisturize, my skin cracks and ashes up something awful in the spots that I miss.
What in the world is this cloying, painful film that Ivory puts on me?! I've used it for years and just assumed all soaps did that. Then when I became old enough to buy my own soaps, I realized that Ivory was the culpirt. I now buy Jergens Extra Mild soap. It smells like Ivory, is white but does not leave the Film-O-Hell on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by cinnamongirl46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I Love Ivory Soap. I love the smell of the classic old white bar of this soap. I always keep it on hand. There are so many uses for this old fashioned soap. I rarely use it on my face, except for summer time after I have mowed the lawn or been out in sticky, hot weather. I use it to wash delicate areas of the body where I don't want to use scented, shower gels because it does not irritate those areas with unneeded chemicals. I always keep a bar and wash my hands with it before I put my contact lenses on, because it does not have added oils and scents that would soak into my lenses and irritate my eyes. I use it to get stains out of clothing, it also is excellent at removing makeup from washcloths and clothes. I also use a very small amount on a wet washcloth to clean my leather sofa with, I know a lady who has had her leather furniture for over 20 years and she told me this is how she always cleaned her leather furniture. I just wipe the furniture down with a very small amount of ivory on wet cloth, then use wet cloth to rinse and then apply leather conditioner afterwards, it removes dirt and does not fade or damage my furniture.
I love the fact that Ivory has been around so long, I know it floats because of injected air, but sometimes there is nothing like a bath with this old fashioned favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually used this soap on my body and was apprehensive about using it on my face. Ever since I started using this soap on my face, my skin has looked so clean and clear. I haven't broken out, and my breakouts have been kept at bay (which I think is because of the soap). I use this every morning when I shower, and I apply Neurtrogena oil-free moisturizer afterwards. This regime keeps my skin hydrated and clean.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 3:58:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

MMMMmmm don't you just love white soap? With all the gels, and shower shampoos out there, don't you just sometimes want to get into a warm bathtub and rub an actual soap bar onto your skin, make bubbles and feel like a kid again? I know I do! And when I do I reach for an old fashioned 99.4% pure bar of Ivory bath size soap. It does float (instant bath toy) and it gets you clean. The formula hasn't changed in years. Although now in the market you can find many different fragrances and formulas of Ivory; from spicy honey scented to linen fresh liquid soap; traditional white Ivory soap is the classic choice. I always wondered why Proctor & Gamble didn't come out with a Ivory Eau de Toliette as it certainly would for mere sentimental reasons alone, sell well. There are so many folks out there that enjoy the shower fresh clean scent of Ivory bar soap. With notes like lemongrass, blue flax flower and honey, the smell of Ivory fits the bill for that fresh out of the shower clean smell. As far as cleaning power it gets you clean. Very clean. Almost too clean. For some folks it overly strips the skin of natural oils and leaves their skin too dry and taught. I say that's what moisturizers are for! With that said, Ivory soap for some folks cannot be used in the winter months or the dry heat climates. But for getting you clean and shower fresh there is no better. Ivory also has the many other uses for removing stains from linens and personal soils. I remember being a young girl and my mother teaching me how Ivory soap was a must for removing those monthly mishaps from my panties. I don't think there should be a house without a single bar of Ivory soap in it. It's just a classic white bar of soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Sayori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works for me. I've been using those acne soaps for a long time and would still get breakouts. Read some reviews here and thought i would give it a try since the bars are so cheap! I wash with this mornign and night and spot treat with diacneal in the evenings. Once or twice a week i use an aspirin mask. My skin is looking better than it has in a long time. I only only get some hormonal break outs once a month or when i forget to wash my face before bed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did nothing for my skin-found it to be incredibly harsh and drying.
I am DSPW

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2006 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lovetoread

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great as a body soap. BUT very drying on my face. I have normal to oily skin and I noticed that I seemed to be developing lines under my eyes. I think that the dove soap was causing my skin to become dehydrated. AS soon as I switched to another face wash, the undereye lines improved by 100% and my face didn't feel as dry.