October 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by releets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved, loved this product. It was HG status; did what it promised, def waterproof, great SPF protection, good coverage ( but still light feeling), suitable shades ( I am a NC 25-35 in summer and NC 20-25 in winter for reference), I used the sp 40 in winter and sp 50-60 in summer. It made my acne prone, rosacea skin look so perfect:)

I wear foundation all the time, usually EL DW or Mac Studio sculpt or prolong wear, but wanted to try this out. It was so perfect until it broke me out like never before, I think I went from grade I acne to grade II. Sooo sad. I relctuantly quit using it and eventually the acne went away. I personally believe it was the the high levels of titanium dioxode that caused the acne.

BUT, Do Not let this turn you off of at least trying it. If it doesn't break you out, you will love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am in love with this foundation. For years, i have been the woman in the search of the perfect foundation, and this one is so far, the best i have ever tried. I have almost all types of mac foundations, estee lauder two of them, drugstore brands, american beauty, clinique, and much more... this is the best!
    Love the fact that comes with spf 40. It has a light texture, almost like watery, but covers really good and is buildable; the yellow undertone suits my skin color. If you like double wear by estee lauder, you will loooove this one, the finish is a bit similar, but much better texture, color, and glow finish plus spf40 make this foundation ideal for summer time.
    recommend it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by eurasianbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Im very pleased with this foundation so far. I only bought it a month ago so I cannot comment on how it holds up in the summer heat but I will see that next year. I also have not testet waterproofness of it yet. Will add this in summer.
    Pros:
    - very smooth application
    - thin formula but still covers very well
    - therefore looks undetectable but still covers
    - high SPF
    - packaging: very travel friendly, light, plastic squeeze bottle
    Cons:
    - Poor shade selection (I use the darkest one, SP70, and I am about a NC40 in MAC. Also, the shades are not yellow enough for me, I have to mix in color correctors)
    - Gives white cast in flash photography but I have a separate foundation for evenings when I plan on taking pictures with flash (MUFE HD)
    - maybe also packaging: because you cant see how much is left in the bottle
    BUT all in all I love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ncc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Truly the best foundation I've found/used on mature skin! Looks like great skin and even better.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by luminata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this for a few years. First I had the SP40 shade, and I just switched to SP20 because I realized the other was a little too yellow on me. It's probably fine in summer; but I was relieved to find a slightly lighter, pinker shade.

I have oily skin, and this foundation stays put so well! I would like the convenience of a powder instead, but the coverage and staying power don't compare. I would say the coverage of this is medium. I use concealer to cover blemishes; but this looks better in my opinion than a very heavy foundation that covers everything, gives a mask-like effect, and looks bad when it starts to melt off. Since this is so light, it doesn't look bad if it gets a little oily, and doesn't slip.

Also, the bottle I just finished lasted me at least two years... so I can't complain about the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Reira

Absolutely effective foundation with great coverage. Moreover, it's packed with sunscreen function too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by julianne69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great foundation with a powerful sunscreen and good coverage. I wish it worked for me. Unfortunately, the lightest shade is still too dark for my skin. Also, you have to shake it well before every application or the color is even darker.
    Overall, a great foundation unless you have very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by swtcatsrophe07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been an avid reader if the reviews on MUA for sometime, but never felt led to do one myself. With this product I have to. I am absolutely in love with it. The coverage is medium which is prefect for my slightly red/oily skin. I am NC15 and got this in SP30.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Baloe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! It is really waterproof. I've tried it during holiday and took a dive in de swimming pool. I even took a walk in the rain to my work. Without umbrella! Ai...
    The product stays in place. The color SP70 matches best with my skin tone. I have Mac MC40. It doesn't have a yellow undertone, more like a natural beige undertone. I like that. The foundation isn't sticky but very light en moisture. And it dries up fast. Price is acceptable.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by vishs78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great daytime foundation....i love the coverage it provides and the finish as well...and most importantly, i love that it has a high spf!! i find that applying with a damp sponge gives the best results...almost dewey finish but still very matte.