July 29, 2014 | 1959 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by breaktheattraction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hated this cleanser so much. For one, it didn't prevent my acne. For two, it made my face even more oilier. For three, I wasted 6 bucks on this crap. And for four, it made my eyes and skin very irritated.

I gave it to my brother- he seemed to like it. But I think he only liked the smell...Anyways, I would never buy this again. EVER.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by CandiCane

This product did nothing beneficial to my skin. It does wake you up but i might as well wash my face with water.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser really did nothing for my skin. It cleaned it....made it feel tingly and fresh....smelled good...that's about It. But then again, that's not why I'm giving it a low rating, because this product never claimed to do anything else. What I don't really like is the feeling it gave my skin after I washed it off. Almost immediately after the water absorbed into my skin, my entire face felt so tight and started to flake a little bit. Now, granted, I already have super dry, flaky skin, and I moisturize at least twice a day.
If this product didn't bother me that much, I would keep using it, and just follow up with my moisturizer afterwards. But this stuff just makes my skin feel..irritated and angry. It didn't break me out or anything, but I'm just not particularly fond of having my face feeling so tight and cold, that it feels like there's ice cubes and pin needles attacking my face. That's what this cleanser feels like after it's washed off. It just feels....odd. To the point of feeling uncomfortable. No I would not repurchase the product. I'm not saying it's a bad product, because all my friends who have tried it seem to like it, it's just not my cup of tea, and I really don't find it necessary in my skin regime.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product I was all excited, a cleanser that woke me up, exfoliates, AND helps fight acne? Awesome! I used it for a few weeks, but grew tired of it and went back to my other preferred exfoliator, St. Ives Apricot Scrub.
2 months go by, my skin is fine. I do not change my skincare/makeup/hair routine whatsoever. I remember how nice it felt, so I used the Morning Burst cleanser in the morning. By night, I felt a few pimples start to form around my cheeks, yikes! I continue using it the rest of the week, blaming my breakout on hormones, stress, whatever! As soon as I stop using this cleanser, my acne clears up and hasn't come back in the past month. As far as I know, this cleanser broke me out badly. Avoid!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by OpiJunkie101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really gets rid of my pimples within a day - make a face mask out of it & let it sit on your skin for about 5 minutes until it burns sorta & wash it with hot water (cos your skin should be cold) & do it maybe every other day & yur pimples should be reduced . (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

I love the artificial citrus scent of this! if they made a body butter in this scent I'd hoard so much it'd last me for a year! I have to disagree with the previous reviewer who said that this doesn't do anything. I find it cleans out the oil and grim on my face at the end of the day--after I use my oily makeup remover--perfectly. I have already repurchased this and a bottle normally last more than 6 months for me, because all you need is a pea size amount for a lot of creamy smooth lather. It does feel like there's a film after rinsing, but that's because we have hard water over here, so I just rinse more than necessary to get it all off. I also use warm water drops to lather it up in my hands as I feel it makes more foam that way, and warm water is good for your skin anyway. I bought this solely because of the scent and the minty tingle it provides, because school is starting again and I know I won't be able to drag myself out of the bed without some stimulant. Do note that I have somewhat oilier skin during warmer months so I don't find this cleanser too drying. Although if I think my skin is dry, I normally use a cream cleanser to wash my face. Overall, this is a great cleanser that does what it's supposed to do, with a citrusy twist. I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pasteldequeso25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does nothing for my skin and I would not buy it again. The pretty packaging and beads made me want to buy it, and it claimed to wake you up in the morning. I bought it so I could have cleaner skin and it would remove some impurities on my skin, but it didn't do that.
It does wake you up in the morning, but it leaves my skin feeling like I just had botox. I have to try very hard to make facial expressions or to just smile! If you bought this product, make sure to use a moisturizer or lotion after washing your face with this.
I can almost say that this product caused some of my blemishes and/or made them worse.
I only use this now to remove my makeup, for which it actually does a good job.
It was pretty pricey too. Around $6 (Canadian) at Shoppers Drug Mart.

However... what did work was:
I bought the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, Blemish and Blackhead Clearing product yesterday and I loved it. It instantly cleared up some blemishes that I got from C&C so I am very happy with it. Don't use it if you have sensitive skin, its pretty rough. It was also only $3.49 (Canadian) at Shoppers Drug Mart. Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product woke me up, sure, but it dried my skin out faster than a fish on land. After using it for a week, my usually oily skin was flaking in patches. Eeeek! Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kristenbieber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, it does wake you up in the morning and smells really orangey and citrus-ey. I have very dry skin and while obviously it doesn't moisturize, it doesn't make my skin feel any dryer which is great, and the beads arent harsh and dont scrub your skin. Ive even used it to remove make up and it works good for that as well, even mascara! I will keep buying this for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty decent cleanser in my opinion. It really does have a wake you up smell and power, and I use it when I especially feel super tired and groggy in the morning. I think the bursting beads aren't totally necessary, seeing as I don't really notice them doing anything super beneficial to my acne-prone, super oily skin. Lastly, this product leaves a sort of plasticy sheen to my face, especially my forehead area. I won't repurchase.