September 17, 2014 | 2111 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This is a very good high end powder. My skin is oily so I like using powders like this one that help with shine. I also like that that it isn't outrageously priced either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by lotionbuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder works great. I dont have to worry about being called out by jealous girlfriends for using too much product or looking tacky. Everything ide ask for and on top of that it is very compact and usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG pressed powder compact. I have been using Blot Powder since 1997 and was so happy when they came out with shades of this product. This is a MAC staple and a great item that I will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:49:00 PM More reviews by alizeeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lightweight, translucent powder that keeps the face looking shiny and oily, gives a glow while doing so. I love that this powder actually works w/o caking on my face. The combination of Prep+Prime Face SPF 50 applied under foundation and Blot Powder applied over makeup keeps me matte all day, and i never have to touch up during the day.

I tried applying it right after foundation as a setting power but realized that blush/bronzer/highlighter don't blend as much as they should when applied on top of Blot Powder. So now, I apply it, after i'm done w/ my makeup, as a finishing power. I use 182 brush and buff it on my nose, forehead and chin. I find that applying it w/ a brush is easier and prevents caking and using too much product.

Normal (to combination) skin, NC/NW20

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Absolutely

It is the best pressed powder oil absorber out there. The one that is closest to this is the MUFE ultra matte loose powder but I prefer pressed form because you can carry it around for touch-ups. Despite the very nice oil absorbing qualities, I have to blot within 4-5 hours because I am very oily.

Those who are looking to stay matte throughout the day should look into using Shiseido's SPF 38 Extra Smooth Sun Protection Creme that makes my skin matte like no other when combined with MAC blot powder.

However medium makes me look too pale and the medium-dark is too dark for me. Which is why MUFE may be superior because it has more shades to choose from despite the messy loose powder form.

EDIT Nov 2008: I now use Medium-Dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by seejanereview

Works like a charm! Doesn't leave me with the "Hey, I just put powder over my oily/shiny skin - hope you can't tell" look. Simple, plain compact - but that is MAC's style anyways. I have 3 - one at home, the office & my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 1:23:00 AM More reviews by YADAYADAYADA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG pressed powder for sure. I have the oiliest face on the planet and every single powder I've ever tried in my entire life has turned orangey on me. This is the only one that stays true to colour. The puff doesn't even get orangey. The best part is I only have to reapply this once during the day. With other powders it was a constant battle against shine and oil. Drove me bananas. I wish I tried this earlier but the $27CAD price tag scared me off. The packaging is decent enough. I dropped mine twice and it didn't break. It doesn't last very long though, but I guess all good things must come to an end. Oh and I usually blot with blotting sheets or tissue before reapplying, but it isn't vital. This powder NEVER cakes up and/or collects in any crevices (ie. sides of nose) like other powders. I will definitely repurchase and I think I'll be trying the loose version as well as I do prefer a loose powder in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by HorrorChick86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

so i just got my package from MAC, ordered blot powder and a few other items. for those of you who don't know me, i'm like a little kid -- when i get stuff in the mail, i HAVE to open it and try it immediately!! today i came in for a half day at work, so of course i didn't put makeup on or anything. my face was an oil slick by the time the package got here (2 hours after i got to work), so i figured i'd test out the blot powder. Not only did it absorb all the oil on my face, but it is the PERFECT shade for me (NW20)!!! it didn't make me feel like i had a mask of makeup on, which i get from studio fix and almost any other foundation. it also didn't look like i just covered up the oil --it was really gone! plus, my freckles still show through, so i'm happy :) i'm going to have to buy about 10 backups!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by 13a13ydoll

It's a good powder. It controls oil (not miraculously well- but then again I have an extremely shiny T-zone) and doesn't dry out my cheeks (I have pretty extreme combination skin). It doesn't add any texture like it is suppose to, and it makes my skin look slightly more refined. However, before using this I used the drugstore Rimmel Staymatte in Translucent, which I actually liked just as much. I found that it controlled my oil just as well, was 1/6th its price, and refined my skin even more. (Although it was more drying for my cheeks). However, Rimmel's packaging was so poor, I don't think I'll repurchase it. I think I may buy MAC blot powder again, but I'm going to try some other powders first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

Well this didn't work for me. It makes my foundation get cakey. I use Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation. It also made my skin feel itchy. I think this could work if you have very oily skin and want a totally matte look, and you use a foundation that it works well with (maybe one of the MAC foundations). I wish I had bought the Laura Mercier translucent pressed powder instead.