MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 7/7/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to edit my review on this because it has become my favorite lipstick!! I've always stuck to nudes and light pinks because I thought they looked best on me but this lipstick is amazing! Its not too dark, which I really like. It brightens up my face and has a slight shimmer to it. I don't even need a gloss with it and it's very moisturizing. It's not one of those obvious lipsticks. It just looks natural and pretty. I would definitely repurchase this now! I may even go and buy the lip gloss now

on 7/7/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this lipstick with the Holiday 2010 Vivaglam V Lip Bag since all proceeds go to the aids foundation and because the shade is universally flattering.

No doubt it is a lovely nude. I love that it looks so "not made up".

I am going to be in the minority here since most people rave about it. But this shade with its frost makes my face look dull and not bright like some other lipsticks. I try and add a hint of a pink lipstick to enhance the effect. The other thing I do not like is the way it applies. I do not find it soft. And I feel the frost, while not chunky, is a tad bit gritty on my lips. The LE - Made To Order lipstick had the same texture. most are not bothered by it, but to me, its not fun.

It is a great everyday color. But overall, I was not blown away. I don't see many people talking about it but I prefer the Loreal range of nudes on my kind of skin tone.

on 7/6/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Why did I just discover this?! Such a gorgeous unique color! It's a rosey nude with gold shimmer but since its a lustre finish it comes out pretty sheer and light. It adds just a hint of rose to my lips and the shimmer is sooo pretty! It's kind of like a light weight non sticky gloss..but with less shiny-ness? If that makes sense haha. But honestly, try this color out. It works on everyone!

on 6/14/2011 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I first became curious about Viva Glam V when I saw how often it had won Reader's Choice and Editor's Choice Awards from Allure Magazine. When I finally had the chance to try it for myself, I quickly learned why it has been such a favorite. It's the perfect "nude rose" shade; close to the same color as my own lips but better. The gold shimmer is perfect - not frosty at all. This has become my go-to lipstick. In fact, I find myself paring down my lipstick collection slowly but surely. I just don't feel the need to have so many anymore, especially since I've found such a perfect shade. I also have Viva Glam VI, which to me is just a darker shade of V. If I never had any other lipsticks but these two for the rest of my life, I think I'd be just fine. For light to medium skin, this is just a perfect, understated shade. It will remain a staple in my makeup kit forever!

on 5/26/2011 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this lipstick! This was the very first MAC lipstick I ever bought and now I'm on my fourth tube (and I had never finished up any other lipstick before). It's a beautiful neutral pink color with a bit of gold shimmer. It's really a color that could look good on anyone. For reference, I'm NW25. Even though it's a lustre formula, it's not as silky-feeling as some of the others. It almost has a grittier texture to it. However it's not annoying or troublesome enough to prevent me from wearing it. Since it's part of the Viva Glam family, it has a light vanilla smell/taste to it which is heavenly. I definitely recommend this product.

on 5/21/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My first Mac lipstick - wanted my natural lip color only better so that I could wear it anytime with anything. It's great. I do find it a bit drying though and that sucks. Need to apply gloss which unfortunately changes the color. So I like it - but won't repurchase - can't wait to try out other mac lipsticks.

on 5/16/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first MAC lipstick and I think I love the texture and smell! The color is okay...I mean its nothing AMAZING...really it just looks like an even layer of my own lip color with small sparkles that make the lipstick look shimmery/frosty. I don't think I would buy this color again since it'll take me awhile to finish this one...and I want to try new colors. But I think for my first MAC lipstick, it wasn't too bad :)
It's on the "natural"side, not so much nude nude. Good everyday color!

on 5/12/2011 2:55:00 PM

it is the perfect lipstick!! beautifull color, long lasting, good price, good smell. 10 out of 10 in my book!!!!!!!! will always repurchase. :]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you are NC/NW15-20 and would like a beautiful natural nude (not too pink, not too pale, not orange, not brown) then YOU NEED THIS LIPSTICK!. It's so wearable for everyday looks (YLBB). A beautiful lustre finish that doesn't dry out the lips. The only reason it's not 5 lippies for me is because of the scent...not so keen on vanilla/scented lipsticks.

I am so happy with the lipstick. I have fair skin with pink undertones and find it hard to find a neutral. I tend to end up with a lot of light pinks. However, this really is a beautiful true neutral for me. It is such a sophisticated neutral. Definitely not too peachy or orange on my skin.

Recommended for Medium Skin