Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 3/29/2005 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with Farah79's post below. I heard so many raves so I decided to try it. I already have and love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl which gives me a dewy ethereal 'glow' but I've been looking for a shimmery bronzer to put a little color in my pale skin and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal was too dark. So I thought that BB's Beige Shimmerbrick would give me a perfect bronzy glow but unfortunately I find the shimmer to be more like flecks of gold glitter that I can see on skin and not at all natural like Becca's. I'm going to use the rest as an eyeshadow...so the search continues for a natural bronzer but I think I'm going to stay away from the powder shimmers. **UPDATE** This weekend decided to give it one more try so I used it in the evening under low light conditions and have to say that it gave me a beautiful candlelight glow so overall it's a good product but unfortunately only under certain lighting.

on 3/28/2005 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this, but I'm afraid I don't like it. The shimmer is too obvious on my cheeks, making me look shiny, not glowy, so it only works as an eyeshadow, and for that I find it WAY too expensive. I will stick with Becca for fine non-obvious shimmer. I still feel like trying the rose shimmerbrick, since it looks so pretty, but I'm afraid of the big glitters too.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this product but decided to try it out after reading the great reviews. I'm really glad I did because I love it. It just makes my face glow. It's not too shimmery. I also use the different shades as eyeshadow. I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky. It's not necessary. Great product though. I would like to try the others.

on 3/17/2005 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love this shimmer brick...nice glow... my face doesn't look oily... the only reason that i won't repurchase is because I rarely use mine... can't finish it, i guess...

on 3/11/2005 8:56:00 PM

This is definitely one of my make-up staples! I apply it on my cheekbones to make them look more defined and very lightly on the bridge of my nose as well. It gives me a glowy finish, which I just love. I get compliments on how my skin glows and even on how my features are nice. The price is steep but its from a high-end brand so that's expected. The packaging , I'm not so sure about as the shimmerbrick in my first compact fell out and broke into pieces. However I was able to recieve a replacement as it happened on the first day of purchase. Overall, I LOVE IT!

This is something else. I never realized how much I would come to love this. And the price isn't bad at $35 because this will last you a long time. It truly does give you that candlelit glow everyone raves about. This has become a staple in my makeup box. I can change the shade of glow I want by layering over different blushes and sahdows. Oh yes, this can also be used as shadow. It's so versatile and compliments EVERYONE.

on 3/6/2005 3:23:00 AM

I tested this one at the BB counter, it doesn't look good on my MMM+GGG skin. Too dark on me. Looks muddy. I like the shimmer though- that's makes it glowy. I ended up buying Rose Brick because this color looks good on me, without looking so tan and burnt. It's pink bronzey with lots of shimmer. Love it!

on 2/23/2005 9:22:00 PM

I just bought the new Rosy Chic. I was a tad bit disappointed. The color didn't seem to show up as much on my olive skin. I wear it on the apples of my cheeks over a darker blush. It is great as a hightligher though. However, I think I would have liked the Bronze brick better.

on 2/7/2005 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this...and i did when i first tried it on. I thought it gave me the perfect "candlelight glow" as it says its supposed to. THEN i went a family reunion and all of relatives were like "you have dirt on your face" and they all wiped it off for me, because they thought my face was dirty. THAT killed the product for me. I guess the colors (even with a very light hand) just don't work with my pale asian skin, because everyone thought i actually had dirt on my face. Needless to say, i will NOT be buying this again!
EDIT 3/8/05: i love this as an eyeshadow, its just barely there and its so pretty. I have asian, creaseless eyes and it just brings them depth and warmth,ii can't explain it it just gives me that candelight glow to my eyes, its SO pretty! plus, as an eyeshadow its worth the money because it'll never be gone!

on 1/21/2005 2:26:00 PM

This is one of the best highlighting products that I have used. The brick has 5 rows of shimmery neutral beige toned powders, the top one a shimmery ivory. I like to use this on my cheekbones over blusher for a glow. Very nice product.