July 30, 2014 | 1820 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kazraz

This is definitely one of my make-up staples! I apply it on my cheekbones to make them look more defined and very lightly on the bridge of my nose as well. It gives me a glowy finish, which I just love. I get compliments on how my skin glows and even on how my features are nice. The price is steep but its from a high-end brand so that's expected. The packaging , I'm not so sure about as the shimmerbrick in my first compact fell out and broke into pieces. However I was able to recieve a replacement as it happened on the first day of purchase. Overall, I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by neverquiteknow

This is something else. I never realized how much I would come to love this. And the price isn't bad at $35 because this will last you a long time. It truly does give you that candlelit glow everyone raves about. This has become a staple in my makeup box. I can change the shade of glow I want by layering over different blushes and sahdows. Oh yes, this can also be used as shadow. It's so versatile and compliments EVERYONE.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by rinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tested this one at the BB counter, it doesn't look good on my MMM+GGG skin. Too dark on me. Looks muddy. I like the shimmer though- that's makes it glowy. I ended up buying Rose Brick because this color looks good on me, without looking so tan and burnt. It's pink bronzey with lots of shimmer. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by greek1

I just bought the new Rosy Chic. I was a tad bit disappointed. The color didn't seem to show up as much on my olive skin. I wear it on the apples of my cheeks over a darker blush. It is great as a hightligher though. However, I think I would have liked the Bronze brick better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2005 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jcz9110024

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this...and i did when i first tried it on. I thought it gave me the perfect "candlelight glow" as it says its supposed to. THEN i went a family reunion and all of relatives were like "you have dirt on your face" and they all wiped it off for me, because they thought my face was dirty. THAT killed the product for me. I guess the colors (even with a very light hand) just don't work with my pale asian skin, because everyone thought i actually had dirt on my face. Needless to say, i will NOT be buying this again!
EDIT 3/8/05: i love this as an eyeshadow, its just barely there and its so pretty. I have asian, creaseless eyes and it just brings them depth and warmth,ii can't explain it it just gives me that candelight glow to my eyes, its SO pretty! plus, as an eyeshadow its worth the money because it'll never be gone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is one of the best highlighting products that I have used. The brick has 5 rows of shimmery neutral beige toned powders, the top one a shimmery ivory. I like to use this on my cheekbones over blusher for a glow. Very nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 2:15:00 AM More reviews by parkbench28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not the type of person to go out of my way to look glittery or shimmery. That said, I wanted something that would liven up my winter skin. THis is the stuff. Not glittery at all, a slight shimmer that could easily be worn in the office. This makes your skin look healthy and glowing... but not like you're heading out to the club after work. Expensive and a pretty large container for transport. An included brush would have been nice, given the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2005 3:38:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty and can be used as highlighter for face, shimmer eyeshadow or even mixed with balm as shimmer gloss for lips! The beige is neutral compared to the pink or bronze I think! So nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Maria25

I like to refer to this color as my "J-Lo shimmer." That is really what it reminds me of. I have brown hair/eyes and olive skin, and this is my overall fave for shimmer on my face, shoulders, etc. The price is high, but of others I have tried, I always come back to this. It is a VERY fragile product, and it can crumble easily if you aren't careful with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by aclassicbeauty

First of all, THIS IS NOT A BRONZER!!! Bobbi sells a bronzer that is matte! The purpose of the Shimmer Brick is to give a nice all over glow. There are currrently three colors, Pink, Beige, and Bronze, and a fourth to come out soon, Rose. The Shimmer Brick also can be used as 5 individual eyeshadows. Two Bobbi eyeshadows cost $36, but you can get the Shimmer Brick for $35. It's really an awesome deal.