Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 4/17/2005 5:11:00 AM

This is one product I use everyday.I have the beige one which is quite neutral/cool tones.I absolutelly love it. It gives me a really nice suttle glow to my face but I love using it for my eyes as well. Love it so much I just bought another one of the same colour to live on my dresser since this one is getting quite a beating cause I take it everywhere with me.

on 4/2/2005 12:57:00 PM

This is a fantastic highlighter or light bronzer. I love using it on top of blush or as eyeshadows. I had tried the pink, which wasn't at all flattering on me, but the beige has the perfect amount of shimmer and pigment.

on 3/29/2005 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with Farah79's post below. I heard so many raves so I decided to try it. I already have and love Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl which gives me a dewy ethereal 'glow' but I've been looking for a shimmery bronzer to put a little color in my pale skin and Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal was too dark. So I thought that BB's Beige Shimmerbrick would give me a perfect bronzy glow but unfortunately I find the shimmer to be more like flecks of gold glitter that I can see on skin and not at all natural like Becca's. I'm going to use the rest as an eyeshadow...so the search continues for a natural bronzer but I think I'm going to stay away from the powder shimmers. **UPDATE** This weekend decided to give it one more try so I used it in the evening under low light conditions and have to say that it gave me a beautiful candlelight glow so overall it's a good product but unfortunately only under certain lighting.

on 3/28/2005 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this, but I'm afraid I don't like it. The shimmer is too obvious on my cheeks, making me look shiny, not glowy, so it only works as an eyeshadow, and for that I find it WAY too expensive. I will stick with Becca for fine non-obvious shimmer. I still feel like trying the rose shimmerbrick, since it looks so pretty, but I'm afraid of the big glitters too.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this product but decided to try it out after reading the great reviews. I'm really glad I did because I love it. It just makes my face glow. It's not too shimmery. I also use the different shades as eyeshadow. I wish the packaging wasn't so bulky. It's not necessary. Great product though. I would like to try the others.

on 3/17/2005 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love this shimmer brick...nice glow... my face doesn't look oily... the only reason that i won't repurchase is because I rarely use mine... can't finish it, i guess...

on 3/11/2005 8:56:00 PM

This is definitely one of my make-up staples! I apply it on my cheekbones to make them look more defined and very lightly on the bridge of my nose as well. It gives me a glowy finish, which I just love. I get compliments on how my skin glows and even on how my features are nice. The price is steep but its from a high-end brand so that's expected. The packaging , I'm not so sure about as the shimmerbrick in my first compact fell out and broke into pieces. However I was able to recieve a replacement as it happened on the first day of purchase. Overall, I LOVE IT!

This is something else. I never realized how much I would come to love this. And the price isn't bad at $35 because this will last you a long time. It truly does give you that candlelit glow everyone raves about. This has become a staple in my makeup box. I can change the shade of glow I want by layering over different blushes and sahdows. Oh yes, this can also be used as shadow. It's so versatile and compliments EVERYONE.

on 3/6/2005 3:23:00 AM

I tested this one at the BB counter, it doesn't look good on my MMM+GGG skin. Too dark on me. Looks muddy. I like the shimmer though- that's makes it glowy. I ended up buying Rose Brick because this color looks good on me, without looking so tan and burnt. It's pink bronzey with lots of shimmer. Love it!

on 2/23/2005 9:22:00 PM

I just bought the new Rosy Chic. I was a tad bit disappointed. The color didn't seem to show up as much on my olive skin. I wear it on the apples of my cheeks over a darker blush. It is great as a hightligher though. However, I think I would have liked the Bronze brick better.