Revlon Vixen

4.3

on 8/23/2006 12:10:00 PM

I was looking for a dark, vampy, sexy nail polish and I found it in Revlon's Vixen. I have a light-medium skin tone (half mexican) and this stuff looks great on my hands. I keep my nails short, and I think that helps with a color this dark. But it's not ridiculous dark and it is surprisingly versitile. It went on a little git sticky and gloopy, but In the end it looks good. I haven't tried to take it off yet so I don't know if it will stain my nails. In fact, it's been on for 3 days now without a single chip! And I am not nice to my hands, either! I've been unpacking from a recent move and doing a lot of cleaning. This stuff is great.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was surprised to find so many MORE recs of this color at the dollar store...I think there are two that are almost exact...Jazz (by diamond cosmetics)'s "Venom" and Rimmel's "Celebrity Bash" was an awfully close match with maybe a touch less blue in it...This nail polish is a beautiful color, but it stained my fingers and I don't think I would buy it again.

on 8/3/2006 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite choice for vampy colours. Very sexy sexy colour. I was worried it would be too cool toned but it's perfect and doesn't make my skin look more yellow toned. I wish it lasted longer but I always do with nail polishes. Will buy again

I love Vixen. It's a dark, vampy, sexy and seductive kind of red creme. It makes me feel sexy whenever I use it!

Consistency wise, it goes on pretty well, no streaks or anything. And this colour suits my NC30 skin tone, which is pretty warm.

Will repurchase again and again.

on 4/22/2006 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

a nice vampy color. i don't use it much because it's summertime now, but it's definitely a great color.

on 1/7/2006 1:57:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I'll continue to pay more for the Chanel vamp and my new fav lippmann just walk away renee. The consistency is like water which was a nightmare when appyling, and stained my nails much worse than the higher end products. A brown goldish version lippmann brown eyed girl is also my new fav. For a reference point: irish with redness and olive undertones; C2/C3, LM warm ivory/sunny vanilla mix, CDP 010/020 and (of course) same color combo for shiseido proudia.

on 11/25/2005 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

my all time favorite. I usually stick to china glaze and opi but i make an exception for this one. revlon's vixen is very sexy, like chanel's vamp.

on 10/22/2005 11:31:00 PM

I love this. I have owned Vamp and this looks just like it. I don't know if it would in a side by side test, but it's damn close. The price is great too. I think Revlon polishes are nice quality, good colors, and they last. I do have 3 bottles of this, juuuust in case.

I'm a big fan of revlon. (although maybelline has begun to overtake them-esp. for rapid drying). I havent found the perfect (d/s) dark shade yet, but this comes pretty close and lasts well in the bottle and on the nails.

on 9/12/2005 1:52:00 AM

I've been using this product since I was in college back in '95. Girl next door in the dorm was using it and thought it was really pretty although it was much darker than my usual taste. I tried it and fell in love!! It is very very dark, and a great knockoff of Chanel's Vamp for much much cheaper. Revlon n/p is great d/s quality.
Because the color is so dark I normally wear it on my toes. It wears great and doesn't chip. I would definitely repurchase as I am on my 5th bottle!

Popular Polishes