August 31, 2014 | 1265 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

I bought this product through the web site, and based on the reviews from makeup alley.
Since I wasn't sure if i would like the product so I chose the smallest of the two sizes. I guess I didn't realize how small the 15ml would be ... So of course when I opened the package I was shocked by how small the actual tube was - its like the samples you would get at sephora!
Still even though I was disappointed by the size, I was excited to use the product basiced on the reviews.
On the website they discribe the product as a moisturizer that wakes up the skin and helps it look fresh and glowing.
As a face cream it's ok - nothing special its not that greasy(but it smells bad)
The shimmer doesn't show on my face too much.
Overall the product isn't - In my opinion worth the high price tag... You would get same/ if not better results from a drug store brand with some shimmer.
I'll finish using the product but will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Paavaki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ohh, so I so much love the dewy look, and this is my best friend to achieve that. I either wear this under the foundation or over it and it gives the same all over glow which is natural and thus beautiful. I have been using this since last 2 years and there is still 3/4th product left. Very useful product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Rhian92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this. It's expensive so I use it sparingly but it's great for applying to the whole face. Sometimes I apply it to my face and cover my blemishes with concealer and that's it. It really is good enough to wear without foundation ha.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Cherryskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the "glow" this gives to my cheeks, but I found I can't apply it to my t-zone as it makes me look like I have an oil-slick!

It does give a lovely brightening sheen to your skin, which is nice and subtle -- doesn't make you look like C3PO like some other "shimmery" products.

Next time I will buy the Strobe Liquid so I can apply it over more of my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Medea24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am loving this product! No wonder I keep hearing that it's a staple in so many makeup artist's kits. I have never really used a highlighter because I find that powder highlighters have too much sparkle for my taste and age (nearing the big 4-0). I want a nice glow without the shimmer that most highlighters give. This is the perfect solution! It's sold as a moisturizer, so it has the bonus of being packed full of skin beneficial ingredients. It's a smooth cream that leaves a very slightly pink/silver sheen (not shimmer) on the skin. My skintone leans a little bit warm and the slight pink tone is no problem. This will work for all skintones, in my opinion. The sheen is believable and isn't over the top, even in direct sunlight. You won't see any glittery particles, just a soft sheen. (I was looking into getting MAC CCB in pearl, but I found that it did have small glittery particles in bright light. This is much better for me.) I do have fine lines in the eye area and for some amazing reason, this product doesn't accentuate them like other highlighters. This is just a perfect glow that adds health and life to your skin. I use a MAC 130 brush to swirl it on my cheekbones and browbone (and occasionally on my cupid's bow). I use it right after my cream products (such as moisturizer and sunscreen) and then I apply my powder products. At the very end of my makeup routine, I dab the product that's left on my brush onto the tops of my cheekbones for extra glow. It's perfect! I think my 70 year old mom might even like this and I wouldn't go near her with anything glittery. This is a must have product.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a scented lotion, but the scent isn't cloying.
When you swatch this on your hand, especially in a store, you can't see that it shimmers and is quite sparkling. But on the face, it will have a nice highlighting effect.
Putting it all over underneath (like a primer/moisturizer/all over illuminator) is nice unless you will be out in direct sunlight.
It does not look funny in flash photography, nor does it look extreme in regular lighting (indoors).

It also has a fine shimmer, pearl, that gives you a dewy look all day.
Unfortunately, in the sunlight, you do sparkle horrifyingly. so if you will be out in the sun at all, I'd stay away.

You can also mix this with the foundation, and it creates a similar look.

However, this broke me out so.. Boo. :( Will not repurchase.
Packaging was quite nice, you do get 50ml for $40 CAD if I remember correctly, which is less than some other brands give for highlighters. (120ML of Girl meets Pearl from Benefit, and not sure how much NARS copacobana has)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love everything about the Strobe Cream but the smell. It does go away after awhile, so that makes it tolerable. Plus, my sensitive skin hasn't had any adverse reaction to the scent, and that is a big plus. I love that it does leave an iridesence glow to my skin. None of the glittery, shimmery, gimmicky stuff found in some skincare and cosmetics. My skin feels soft to the touch - no greasy after feel to it. I put this on days, I want my skin to look pretty, but with a natural appeal without cosmetics. This is the only skincare product of M.A.C.'s that is in my skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Belle_de_Jour

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It is the HG of illuminators as it gives you such a fresh glow and a gorgeous sheen. It is so versatile--can be used on its own, mixed with foundation, as a primer, etc. LOVE!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rushed out and bought this for two reasons. a) to give my skin a glowing look and b) to mix it with ELDW foundation so it wouldn't be as heavy and as dark. At first, this stuff was a dream! I love how it made my skin glow without making me greasy or sparkley. However, after about a month of wearing this, I noticed a ton of cosmetic acne (whiteheads) all over my face. I immediately thought it was the ELDW foundation, but after a stopping the strobe cream my face improved considerably.

I ended up buying a tinted moisturizer instead (Pixi) which has been a dream come true. This TM gives me the perfect glow I need, with light to medium coverage and I don't have to spend more money to mix the cream and the foundation together to get that look.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by babybun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found so many ways of using this product. When I don't get enough sleep, I MUST use this in my routine cuz it gives off a radiant natural glow. When I stopped using this for a month, my close friends commented on how tired I looked and dull my face was. I found that this product has vitamin C and great ingredients for the skin as reviewed by Paula Begoun and several makeup experts.

To use it:
1. Squeeze out a 2-cm-long Strobe Cream (when you squeeze it out from the tube, it comes out in a long paste like toothpaste) and just apply it to your whole face. Then follow with makeup.
2. Mix 1-cm-long SC with liquid foundation and apply to your face. This gives a more natural look than 1.
3. Apply liquid foundation to your whole face, then apply a bit of the mixture between SC and your liquid foundation on areas where you'd like to highlight, like above eyebrows, nose and cheekbones, etc.

I love to mix it with my foundations, especially the ones that are too mattifying. The shimmer is subtle as well. However, I find that wearing this alone without dusting any powder gives a metallic robotic look. So always dust it with powder and you'll have a subtle glowy dewy loook!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No