July 29, 2014 | 2051 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by bracken2004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have rosacea, sensitive skin and was looking for a new moisturiser that wouldn't irritate my skin and would take away the the flaky patches on my forehead and cheeks. I asked for a sample of this cream after the SA recommended I give it a try. It works really well with my skin type, and I find it very soothing and just the right amount of moisture. No more flaky bits! Hurrah! My skin looks uniform and lovely.This cream calms my rosacea and it also has a lovely vanillary scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by linds1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this! I have dry, sensitive, yet acne prone skin and this has been so great for my skin. It did not break me out, and has kept my skin in great condition.

I spray my face with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air Toner, and then while that is still wet I massage in just a little of this moisturizer (a little goes a long way). I love the way it smells and the way it makes my skin feel.

Favourite moisturizer I have tried thus far (and that has been MANY!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MrsLiliLopez

One word....AMAZING!! I am in love with the feel of this moisturizer. I have very sensitive skin and it is very very hard to find a good moisturizer that will not make me break out. This one doesn't and makes my skin feel very soft and smooth. The only downfall is that it does not have SPF which is a must for me. However, if you pair it up with foundation that does have spf then you should be good to go. Overall this is an excellent product and is a must have for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by princessmaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This moisturisor smells good enough to eat!! its lovely.
i have combination skin; oily and dry in places, as well as being sensitive. i used this cream as a night cream. it felt lovely on my skin, but perhaps not the best for my oily skin type. it is very rich and thick.
this cream is most probably suited for someone with very dry and sensitive skin.
although i would love to buy this product again, because it is so luxurious, smooth, thick and smells lovely, it does not do any favors for my skin. it made it feel soft, but left it feeling oily and sometimes spotty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Ombre

I used to be on a bit of a LUSH junkie and so I've tried a lot of their other facial moisturizers (Skin Drink, Cosmetic Lad, Shangri La), but I have to say that Celestial has always been my favourite for a few reasons:

A. It has a great rich texture for dry skin types.
B. It's got a light, usually nice smell of almond icing (I say "usually" because the most recent one I got seemed to have come from a batch that smells a little unpleasant...)
C. It doesn't irritate or sting my sensitive and dry skin, like some other moisturizers do. Even after I get a sunburn and put this on, it's really soothing.
D. It absorbs nicely (but you do have to wait a bit for it to sink in), and leaves a smooth finish. Not sure about for oily skin, but works like a charm for my dry skin.

The only thing is the price. It's something like 25 bucks with tax to get this and I don't want to have to keep splurging on such an $$ facial moisturizer, so I've been on a quest to find a good drugstore one since my Celestial supply is running low now.

Bottom line: if money's not an issue, it's a great choice, especially for dry or sensitive skin, imo.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by coco95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice thick cream which is great for me in the winter. I have combo skin but this stuff doesn't break me out. Not crazy about the jar. Pumps are easier but this cream is kind of thick. Love the vanilla scent, got my husband to start using it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite Lush moisturizer, it is light, but gives enough moisture to my dre sensitive rosacea prone skin. Does not irritate, sinks in, no oily greasy felling to it. A very simple moisturizer without a long ingredient list. 98% natural ingredients except gor the preservatives (parabens) Very lovely product, smells like vanilla.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by beachscene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes kit so thankfully it was a sample size. I thought this moisturizer would work for my super dry, sensitive skin but instead it gave me a rash all over my t-zone! After I stopped using the moisturizer, the rash disappeared but I've stopped using it since because it just didn't work for my skin. I also found the formula was quite light, and it didn't keep my skin moisturized. I might try out Cosmetic Lad next, but fingers crossed that my skin doesn't react again! I took some points off because the packaging wasn't very sanitary. I mean, you're sticking your hands into a cream that you're going to apply to your face. I much prefer pump bottles, but I guess I get where Lush is coming from with their one of a king packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by BatsNeedFriends

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wanting to get into a good facial routine I got the Black Coal Cleanser and the Tea Tree Toner... to tie all that together I needed a moisturizer. After researching and reading reviews I wanted to try Celestial and Paradise Regained. Since Celestial is for sensitive skin I went with that one first... and It was amazing! It makes my skin feel so smooth and flawless!! I've even gotten ready in the morning and left the house forgetting to put on makeup because my face feels so amazing! My sample smelled oddly like playdoh! Which I liked!! I loved this product so much I recently bought a full size. Which doesn't smell like playdoh at all!! More like almond cookies!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Celestail is def. my HG moisturizer! i got this w/Breath of Fresh Air toner & i LOVE it. i wanted a moisturizer for my dry/sensitive skin that would make my makeup look better & this is the best 1 ive found (my search for the perfect moisturizer is finally over!) i used MAC, Clinique, Cetaphil, Ponds, etc. & this is the best by far. the toner works great w/it 2. i dont have redness around my nose & its not heavy @ all (Skin Drink was way too heavy 4 me, but it might be a great night cream) i love wearing it under makeup & i dont have flakes or any dryness on my face w/or w/out makeup. i love Celestial! It smells soo good, makes my skin feel soo soft & smooth so i will def. be buying it again, again & again, even though it is a lil expensive a lil goes a long way & its def. worth the $.