Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF15

2.8

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%) (sunscreen), Octocrylene (10%) (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water Purified, Diisopropyl Adipate, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Glycerin, Polymethylmethacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer 940, Disodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

I bought this product because I'd heard Cetaphil was a good brand from my doctor (and I do love their facial cleanser). However, this moisturizing lotion was the WORST.

Not only did it turn my face into an oil slick every time I used it, but it gave me an itchy red rash all over my face. At first I thought it was an allergic reaction. I used it about 3-4 times before deciding to return it.

The guy at Target said this product has been returned five times this week, to him alone. He gave me the number for client support to call and tell the company that makes Cetaphil what happened. Apparently it irritates a lot of people's skin. Everyone who returned it this week reported getting a red facial rash after using it, and the customer service representative said he thinks the product is going to be recalled soon.

on 4/18/2012 12:35:00 AM

i was so excited to try this product because anything that cetaphil makes is pure gold, contrary to my beliefs this moisturizer completely disappointed me. it does hydrate and it good for dry skin, i have combination skin and it left me looking like a frying pan at the end of the day, not to mention broke me out like never before perhaps ill use this lotion for problem areas like dry patches of skin that come up on my face every once in a while but i would not recommend this to anyone, stick to the moisturizer in the jar WAY better and so much more hydrating without causing any breakouts.

on 4/16/2012 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Update: 8-14-13
I can not rebuy this moisturizer. The horrible taste is too much for me, it stays with you for hours and makes me feel sick. If they made this exact moisturizer without the horrible taste, I'd rebuy. If you can handle the taste, do try this!

This is an excellent moisturizer with sunscreen. It leaves my skin well hydrated and soft. It causes no irritation to any areas of my face.

There is only one con to this, the taste is horrible! So, I keep it away from my lips and wash my hands after using it.

I'm surprised the rating for this isn't higher.

This is my perfect moisturizer! I have tried everything from Clean&Clear and Neutrogena to La Mer and Chanel. This stuff really does the job well. I have combination skin so I need a moisturizer that will effectively hydrate the dry areas while not making my skin greasy. I use this every morning and night after the Cetaphil gentle cleanser and could not be happier!

on 3/23/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Lovely stuff. Leaves my skin feeling super healthy and soft.

on 3/11/2012 8:46:00 AM

honestly i dont really like this moisturizer. everytike i put it on it kinda burns my face. it feels kinda hot. the smell and taste is really strong. i put it all over my lips and i licked my lips and ot tasted so strong sour and horrible ... When i applied it it left my skin looking shinny . Well atleast it mosturized my face and didnt break me out or anything .

on 3/10/2012 9:59:00 AM

Looks like a lot of people on here don't like this product. I love this moisturizer though. I have dry skin but I exfoliate so I don't have flakiness. I bought this because my clinique moisturizer was out and I wanted to find one that wasn't $24. I tried this out and used the coupon it had in the box. This is hydrating and it has spf which is great. I rated it a 4 because I cannot use it right after I exfoliate, which I do in the shower. It burns like hell on my face for a few minutes and I'm not sure why, maybe the spf. In order to use it after I shower I have to wait awhile and then it doesn't burn as much. In the morning though or by time I go to bed, it doesn't burn at all.

on 3/9/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, with dry patches.

I found this to be quite oily and left me shiny for a long time, not to mention the strong scent. I'm usually indifferent to scents.. but I didn't like this one.

on 3/8/2012 11:28:00 AM

I got this for free with my big gentle cetaphil cleanser I got, and I'm glad I didn't pay. This is terrible for super oily skin. It felt like I was slathering grease on my face. This would probu be awesome for someone with super dry skin, but def not for oily skin so I gave it a three just because it's not totally it's fault.

on 3/3/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Okay, this is bad for oily skin.. really bad..
I used this for a couple of days and my skin looked so gross and oily :'(
But it is good for when your skin is super dry. I had a really bad reaction from oatmeal on my face (my skin got super red, dry and flakey) and I used this and I feel like it helped nurse my skin back to normal which was good. However, I wouldn't buy it again because I don't use it frequently enough.