October 25, 2014 | 1820 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Shine Release Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by fdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very moisturizing shampoo with a nice smell and good lather. My hair smells good after using it and it adds a nice shine. It doesnt weight my hair down at all which is great (especially for a moisturizing shampoo), but it does cut down on the volume somewhat. Overall great product for brunettes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

I love this stuff. decided to try the Brilliant Brunette line after being a Pantene girl for a couple years. Using that, my hair started looking really dull and thin, and the texture was almost wirey and fried feeling, despite not having colored my hair in probably 4 years. It was also coming out in handfulls in the shower, which is never a good thing, but the only reason I'd stuck with it for so long is because I loved the smell. Stupid. Anyhow, I picked up a bottle of the JF shampoo and conditioner after reading good reviews on the shine shock, and figured I'd try the whole line. All I can say is, I can't believe the difference in the texture of my hair. This stuff makes it smooth and so damn soft. It's so soft I want to touch it all day long, and I have to remind myself that people will think I'm nuts if I keep running my fingers through it. I can't say that it's amazingly shiny, but the texture is a vast improvement over the Pantene days. I don't love the smell, since I like more floral/fruity scents, but it's not sickening.
In an attempt to save a couple bucks and to see what the hype was about, I picked up Suave's knockoffs of this line, and I'm not particularly impressed. The smell is similar to the JF stuff, but it's as if someone added cheap men's aftershave to it, and it doesn't leave my hair nearly as soft. I don't think I'll be straying from this for a long time, if I can help it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 6:27:00 AM More reviews by snowcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased both the Brilliant Brunette shampoo & conditioner several times even though I'm not even really a brunette! lol. I have black hair but that's almost brunette anyway, so I didn't think it should matter. For the record, this does add *some* highlights to my hair but it's extremely subtle. I can see some dark brown highlights in the sun but that's about it. To be honest, I'm not even interested in lightening my hair so I'm neutral about the highlights. I kept repurchasing this because it made my hair so soft, smooth and glossy. I was also in love with the coconut scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 8:13:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this together with the Shine Release Conditioner and Shine Shock Leave-on Perfecting Glosser Serum.Even though these are three times expensive here than US, I was thinking it'll worth it if I like the results.Well unfortunately I didn't.Actually I hate them both. The shampoo lasted almost a month, but most of the conditioner is still there.I suppose this is because since the shampoo is such crap, it doesn't even foam well. So I had to use a lot of product each time to make it work but it just didn't.It's supposed to deliver more shine to hair but I didn't see any difference on mine.Waste of my $.Will avoid like plague!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2007 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Oneirix

Not a bad shampoo, but not an amazing one either. I definitely prefer it over any other brand I've tried from my local grocery store, and it did bring out brown tones in my hair and make it a little shinier, but not much. It's not quite what I was hoping for, but I'd buy it again if I couldn't find anything else better.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by livisk8

it just wasnt meant to be with this shampoo. i guess my hairdresser was right when she said everything not from the salon is bad. i seriously expected more from this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by NatalieK

Good stuff. It does make your hair shinier and make the color bolder, but it also bumps the frizz level waaaaay up... Probably won't buy again because of that.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by taylorana

I HATE THIS. I was using the Voluminizing shampoo and light conditioner in Amber-Maple but it made my hair color fade so I thought I'd try the darker one, and all they had was the moisturizing pair. By 3 pm, my hair now looks like I brushed Vaseline in it. It's heavy, weighs it down, didn't feel like I washed it all out even though I ran my head under the water for like 5 minutes. I hate this. HATE IT. I would've put 0 on Overall Rating but they wouldn't let me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use in combination with John Freida Light Reflecting Conditioner.. or is it Shine Realease Condtioner :S I have them both.. lol.. anyway, I use it with other John Freida Conditioners and it's good. Cleans hair and makes it shiney without leaving any gunky residue. Very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2007 12:41:00 PM More reviews by PinkGLoss873

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW. i LOVE brilliant brunette! its a keeper. my hair is so dried and fried from blow drying and straightening.. but this shampoo (with the conditioner) made my hair so soft and touchable. i was amazed at how soft it made my dried, frizzy hair. recently, i had my hair high lighted and after using this product just once, i noticed my hair really stood out more and the color was more vibrant. also, the smell is fresh and clean.