November 28, 2014 | 1488 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also got whiteheads after using this, in areas where I don't usually break out (around the eyes).

Despite still having the occasional breakout, I'm getting to the age where I'm starting to notice fine lines. I tried this product hoping to improve the overall appearance of my skin, but it didn't work for me. This felt like a gel mask on my face, one I couldn't peel off. It was uncomfortable and the sensation would wake me up. Each morning after I used it, I would have little clogged pores and inflamed whiteheads.

I returned this product after using it for 2 weeks. It's too expensive to hang onto it if it doesn't work!

This product may be great for more mature skin, or on skin that has absolutely no chance of breaking out, but otherwise I would not recommend this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by bajsbaljan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I have sensitive, dry-combination-skin with the occasional hormonal break-out. The morning after using this product, I woke up with the most dewy, radiant skin ever! Unfortunately I also woke up with about 5 small white heads distributed across my face. I used this product for three weeks, hoping my skin would get used to the formula and stop breaking out but no. Had to give this away to a friend which did hurt a little considering the price tag.

If you have no problem, what so ever with break outs, I highly recommend this product but if you like me have ate occasional break-out, ask for a sample before buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by lanzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read a lot of good reviews about this product before and personally I have used 2 bottles.

so far I think it is ok, no obvious effect on my face, but skin does feel soft and smooth. I use twice a day (morning and night), its absobent and light, smells ok.

I am still waiting for so called "amazing change" to my face (-.-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift and held off using it for a while because my skin is very oily and acne prone, and I just had gotten rid of my acne and didn't want to bring it back with something new. After making sure my acne was gone for a while, I decided to give this a shot. I haven't really used very many moisturizers or creams on my face in my life because, as I said, I have unfortunately had acne for most of my adult life. So I was in the process of getting rid of old blemishes and trying to finally start loving my skin. When I first tried this, I didn't really notice a difference. I guess I just didn't know what to look for. I was just happy my face was clear and didn't really pay attention to much else. After a couple weeks, I got lazy and stopped using this. Just kept using a cheap moisturizer from Avon day and night. Over the next couple weeks, I started to get a little...bored??? with my face. I dunno, it seemed like since it had been clear and my blemishes had disappeared, I was happy, but my skin still didn't look really "great" like other people's skin I had seen. So, I was online the other day and saw how much people really love this and I thought, maybe I should try it again and really pay attention to how my skin reacts. Well, I squeezed a few drops onto my fingers and massaged on my face and once it absorbed, there was a noticeable difference. I really looked at my face and I could see that my face appeared much smoother. I was very happy and made a little promise to myself that I wouldn't get lazy and stop using it. The next morning when I woke up, my husband said, "Your skin looks good" out of nowhere. I'm sold.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by PaulaAngel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I specifically ordered something from Estee Lauder so I could try this as a free sample. I've been using Clarins intensive day products for years and love them, but wasn't impressed with the description of their night serum. After using this serum from EL a few weeks at night I do see a marked shrinking and lightening of stubborn age spots. I also see a softening in the deep wrinkles on my forehead, on my cheeks and above my lips. I did notice some signs of acne when I applied it to my entire face. It's a bit oily. So at night I only apply it to those specific areas. It has no fragrance, which I like.

I have to say that the "sample" came in a real bottle and is a nice size. I will be ordering the regular sized bottle in the near future. The price is reasonable, when compared to the prices of other serums, as it's listed at $55 for an ounce.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I'm rating this product based on the normal price, but I have a GWP which I've been using for the last three weeks, every night. I have super oily/combination skin, hormonal and other spots and hyperpigmentation. Alpha H Liquid Gold has stopped working for me so I've been slotting this serum into my normal skincare routine and can see a difference in the pigmentation and general texture and glow of my skin. It's as oily as ever but otherwise fantastic results. I only use a tiny amount to cover my entire face. I already have a Vitamin C serum to try next but I can see myself returning to this one whenever I need extra help.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by kaveloz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been a die hard Mary Kay fan for many years, yet as the years go by, I wanted to try something different on my skin. At the age of 32 I am starting to find fine lines appearing near my eyes - which are of course understandable - but one is still vain. Since I ran out of my night solution I decided to try this product. My mother loves it and I gave it a shot. Immediately the next day I noticed results. My skin was much softer and brighter. Less than a week in, I wake up to luminous skin that looks and feels refreshed. All I have to do in the mornings is slap on some SPF and moisturizer and off I go. It is pricey I think, but it lasts a long time, as only a few drops are needed for the entire face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a serum that has stood the test of time. Im truly happy that my skin met its friend. For just six days of using this together with my cheap products i.e. kojic soap (am & pm), medicated toner prescribed by my derma (am & pm), ANR (pm only) plus sunblock (am) and EL Double Wear (am) my skin has never been the same. My skin is even-toned, less oily, glowing and looked younger. I hope that the effects will last as long as i continue this. Thanks EL for ANR. Will definitely repurchase.
Edit: On my 2nd week of using this, so far my skin has never been this better. No pimples, just even-toned and radiant skin. No eyebags or dark undereyes.

On my 32nd day of using ANR, finally I have the guts not to wear a foundation, even the EL DW.

On my 33rd day, I decided to put on Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme bacause of the hype and many positive reviews. For just 6 hours of wearing it, tiny painful pimples came out of my chin. What a big mistake! This time around will promise to be faithful to EL's products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by erinmaui9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the 5ml sample size via ebay. Good thing i did cause it slammed the other products down. Just to give a brief background, im suffering from PCOS and cystic pimples are everywhere on my face -which by the way very normal for me. I have been taking many herbs and supplements but these did not do any help to combat or even regulate the pimples. So i ended up trying and using many products. But my search is finally over. I should had bought this in the first place to save me bucks. My routine consists of kojic soap (am & pm), medicated toner prescribed by my derm (am & pm) and this miracle worker (pm only). For 6 straight days of this routine plus sunblock and Estee Lauder Double Wear, i already experienced a dramatic change - believe me it's really dramatic cause my colleagues even said that my skin is like the skin of a toddler. Today is the 7th day and my skin is even-toned, less oily, glowing while the pimples just dried out without the flakiness. I hope these effects will continue and won't go away. By the time the sample size bottle becomes empty, i will definitely go to the nearest Rustan's store to buy the bigger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I am extremely happy with this product. I think I have finally found my HG skin product. My mother gave this to me as a gift and I began using it about 2 weeks ago after a disasterous experience with NARS new brightening serum and rich moisturizing lotion. I LOVE NARS products but those skin care products made me break out in a way that literally nothing in my life ever has. I had pimples, zits and whiteheads all over my forehead and looked like I was 16 years old. It gave me huge cystic zits as well. IT was a BAD situation.

I stopped using those products and began using the Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair serum (and the re-nutrive replenishing comfort creme) and within a day my zits began to disappear. 4 days in they had significantly disappeared and now 2 weeks later they are completely gone and my skin is "back to normal" but very soft, moisturized and I see a significant reduction in fine lines.

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin which is mitigated by vitamin supplements I take but I have to use very rich, moisturizing creams. These products by Estee Lauder are better than most Chanel products I have used and even rival their $400 Sublimage cream which did amazing things for my skin.

I will definitely repurchase this serum.