July 30, 2014 | 1859 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by KellyRenee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking for a good scrub for a long time... and I think I've finally settled on this. I spent a good amount of time in the aisle looking at them and found this one on the second try... it works great on my acne prone skin. I tried Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub first and it was okay... I like this one better because the scrub granules are more "scrubby", sort of like sugar, whereas the Clean & Clear "scrubbies" are more like microbeads. I want something that will scrub! Neither of the products are really "blackhead clearing"... I think the only thing that will really get rid of blackheads is regular facials! Anyway! This scrub is a great texture, nice smell (very faint) and lathers nicely. I will definitely purchase it again when I run out. Great Value for the money on this product! I'll update in a few weeks with more details.
[sometimes blotchy, sensitive, combination, acne prone skin; large pores on nose; fair-skinned (NC20-25) with pink undertones] continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by dngrgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have combo skin, and my t-zone gets really oily & prone to breakouts in the summer. this cleanser is really helping w/ the breakouts without stripping my dry spots of moisture. for the price, this product really delivers.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2005 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Allura213

What a piece of garbage. Mediocre exfoliator, it did absolutely nothing to my blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Ichigogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product a few days ago, but I have to say that it already did a good job on my skin!
Its very gentle and helps me cleaning my skin and so far it has also been helping reducing my blackheads!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2005 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Dong

I'm sure whether its the same one in other countries but in Australia, its from the Skin Clearing range. Anyways, this is gentle enough to be used twice a day, which I do as my everyday cleanser. Its great if you are prone to flakies and have sensitive skin that dries out easily. I'm not too sure about it eliminating blackheads but my skin feels much smoother and clean after use.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2005 12:12:00 PM More reviews by marycmillington

I found this scrub too drying for the winter, but in the summer -- especially if used with an oil-free moisturizer -- it's a lovely way to get a fresh, flushed, healthy-looking face. Not sure it did much for my blackheads, but then they're sort of immovable anyway; like my sins, they'll probably be with me forever no matter what I do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Jakquetta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this for quite some time and it does seem to exfoliate my skin. My skin feels a bit smooth afterwards but it doesn't do anything with helping problem skin. It's drying for me and the texture feels harsh even though it's not that gritty.

If it works that way, I might as well buy a regular face scrub from another brand and one that smells better too because I really don't like the scent. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lepeep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works really well. It smells great and you only need a small amount, so the tube will last for a while. Definitely worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by clare0325

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this scrub. I've started using it every night and it's wondeful. It takes off any remnants of face make-up that are leftover, exfoliates my skin, and medicates it too. The scrub leaves my skin feeling silkly, smooth, and clean. I have dry skin and I think that this even helps to hydrate it as well. Definitely a repurchase.

UPDATE: I changed my rating to a 2 because after continued use it gave me loads of dry patches that were hard to get rid of.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by pazzia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using it. So far my skin looks really good, but I can't tell yet if it's the scrub or just my hormones behaving themselves. At any rate, it has not caused my skin to do anything horrible. The size of the grains feels pretty good and I haven't noticed any kind of scent, so it must be light.