November 24, 2014 | 1771 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by garagesale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cute packaging, a lot of product (15 mL), luxurious colors. The texture and quality are comparable to much more expensive brands. The only downside to NYX lip glosses is their cloying sweet odor. If only NYX would fix the burning plastic/cheap chapstick smell these would be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT DUPE for NARS lip gloss but for a better price!
The Colour in Sweetheart is a great dupe for Nars Turkish Delight That Kim Kardashin uses.

Highly recommand. It reasonable price compared to the Nars lip gloss and it's non sticky just like Nars Lip gloss..the colours are really nice and it's moisturizing. Doesn't dry out lips. I hate lip glosses that are sticky. My two favourite lip gloss brands are NYX & NARS! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the Mega Shine lipgloss in Tanned, i am NC 40( for ref )and never get tired of finding another nude lipgloss..On my pigmented lips this is a nice peachy beige...so far its a headsup from me. In terms of texture, its a very creamy lipgloss a little sheer but with a right amount of pigmentation.The smell is a little weird a at first reminds me of cherry bubblegum but after a few seconds of application the smells fades away. Best drugstore lipgloss for 4 dollars.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kisses87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love it! I'm a brown skin girl and I had a hard time finding a nude shade, but i ran into NYX tanned and fell in lust with the line. At first i thought the formula was too thin and light for me b/c i prefer the thick consistencies. But once i got past that i realized that these glosses have great color payoff and they last just as long as anyother gloss. NO gloss lasts all day. I believe you will get your money's worth out of a nyx gloss. Its only like $4.95 or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by tarzina789

I absolutely love this lip gloss formula. That is why it pains me to say that the smell when you first apply it is really, really weird. I'm not usually turned off by scents in makeup, but I've never smelled such a strong, fake cherry coke smell... It's very strange to me when makeup is scented randomly, asopposed to something fruity. But while I'm not a huge fan of the scent, it doesn't bother me enough to stop using it. These glosses are amazing!!!

Anyway, I find that the color selection is amazing! There aren't only pinks or reds. They have gorgeous nudes (which remind me of the Revlon Colorstay mineral lip glosses), and even purples. I find that their shades are really original. For example, I have Desert, which is a nude-tinted purple. It's such a unique shade I've never seen in a drugstore brand before. Very, very impressive NYX!! Although Desert is a weird shade (I have to mix it with a more standard pink or it looks weird on my fair skin), there are other amazing colors that I have yet to see in such an inexpensive range!

The gloss feels great on my lips, really smooth and silky. Also, it's not sticky and lasts quite a long time. The color payoff is really amazing on most of the colors, unless you get an obviously sheer one. Even their seemingly light pinks and nude are pretty opaque! I'm really, really impressed with these glosses and will definitely continue to purchase more and more!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by DrTierraFierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so I have these lipglosses in Gold Pink, African Queen, Deep Bronze, and two other goldish/brown colors and unfortunately you really get what you pay for. Ive heard many great things about these but I think these lippies are overrated. They are highly pigmented which is good, moisturizing but I would only buy African Queen and Deep Bronze again, the others can stay

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Unfortunatly these did not work well for me. I have sweet heart and its way to frosty pink it look horrid on me :( I also purchased beige which is a nude pink color and while that looked the best on me, it didn't last very long at all. I had to apply every hour to keep the color and moisture. I will return the sweet heart, but am holding off on beige. The packaging is very cute and classy. I give it 3\5

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

I'm SO torn about these lip glosses... firstly, the pigmentation is GREAT. Best pigmentation in a lip gloss I've ever tried. Unfortunately, the smell is almost unbearable. It smells like very strong cherry cough drops, and that's not a smell I want near my nose and on my lips. The smell also travels in the space around me, so anyone near me can smell it. If I'm in a car and I put it on, the whole car will smell it. All in all, I love the colors.... but the smell is so strong that I don't think I can repurchase even though the pigmentation is so good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Jazzybear89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok....the scent of this is just unforgivable. I never, ever care about scents but this smells EXACTLY like pepto-bismol which is just weird. I like the gloss alot- it's a nice consistency, pretty color range, and decent staying power. NYX always has cute packaging too! A cute little plastic bow on top and all. I have the color "Smokey Look" a nice peachy pink color. So I may repurchase but I would need to know whether all colors have this awful scent first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

love love love! i have these in sponge case and chandelier and i could not be happier. I actually bought a MAC gloss and returned it because i love these so much more and i can buy 4 of these for one MAC. I lick my lips a lot so staying power isnt my issue and i do not mind reapplying. Overall I would buy all of them!