Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

Water, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitol, Dipropylene Glycol, Lauric Acid, PEG-60 Gyceryl Isostearate, PEG-32, PEG-6, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Fragrance, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Limonene, Serine, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Tocopherol

on 12/27/2008 9:02:00 PM

I have acne-prone skin that's combination with big pores. I was using Murad Clarifying cleanser and while I liked it, it didn't give me a clean finish. And ever since I tried this White Lucent cleanser, I've been loving it. Together with the softener, I've noticed that I don't break out very often anymore and my skin is less clogged and just more even and bright. This cleanser can be a tadbit drying but as long as I use the softener afterwards and some moisturizer, I'm fine. (I find the Skincare cleanser much more drying.) Also, this cleanser foams very well so a little goes a long way. In the evening, I usually do a quick wash with this to get the surface oil and makeup off and then wash a second time to ensure I get a deep clean. All in all, I love this cleanser and have repurchased it once already.

on 12/22/2008 6:16:00 AM

finished the 75ML product..recommend for summer...not for winter...clean but a little bit dry....little brightening effect...too expansive...the skincare cleansing foam is much better

Got this as a sample when i bought some eye mask and it works really well :) Smells good, feels soft and it does a good job making my skin feel smooth and soft. Would buy again!

on 11/27/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I've been using it over a year already. No breakouts caused by this cleanser, and over time it whitens my old acne scars as well. Brilliant product, would purchase again.

I really love this cleanser. A little goes a long way and so the price isn't bad. The smell is great and I love the silky way it feels lathering up. It feels a tad dry afterwards but then when I use the softener and lotion afterwards my skin feels totally smooth and clean. I noticed that there isn't a lot of residue on my skin left over on the cotton ball when I use the softener so it must really be working. Also, my face did not get any blemishes while using this cleanser.

When I used all the products in the line together I did get some fading of my melasma and freckles but it didn't all disappear. I got a starter set, ran out and now want to try the Caudalie line vinoperfect to compare. If that doesn't work as well I will go back to the Shiseido White Lucent for sure. It's awesome!

on 11/14/2008 4:38:00 PM

I really like this cleanser. It foams up and you just lather it on. I gently massage this on my skin and splash to rinse. After ward my skin glows and it whitens instantly!!! I am already light skin but it gives me a even lighter skin tone. But the effect last only about 15 minutes, then my skin goes back to it's regular color. The down side to this cleasner is that it can really dry out my skin. I have normal skin. So if you have dry skin..... try something else. I only use this during summer time.

I will most definitely be repurchasing this!! This is the BEST cleanser I've ever tried. Just the tiniest amount will lather up and rinse all oil and every speck of makeup on my face!! I don't find that it dries out my face, however I do have oily skin...I am also in love with the scent!! It is enough to make me repurchase the entire line!! I would definitely suggest the starter kit, which comes with the cleanser, softener, and moisturizer. All the products are wonderful and make my skin soft and glowy.

on 11/3/2008 5:06:00 AM

A lot of ppl are duped into believing that all Japanese products, especially Shisheido stuff are very gentle and great for sensitive skin. Don't get me wrong, there are things that are great for sensitive skin in their line, but sadly this product isn't.
I don't have extremely sensitive skin, just combination, acne-prone, slightly sensitive kind. And this foaming cleanser was enough to dry out and redden my skin in summer months. Generally speaking I think any line to do with Brightening/Whitening are not gentle. Although the creaminess and foaminess was perfect the after-effect was not. I will not be re-purchasing.

on 10/9/2008 3:15:00 PM

I was a loyal fan of shiseido 10 years ago, willing to buy anything but them except for the 100+ dollar white essence. Anyways, after they raised the price of the UV whitening toner from 29 to 49, I said that's it, I will find a comparable products with lower price. However, after years of battling drugstore brands, I gave up! Drugstore cosmetics are simply too harsh on me. And, I finally went back to the Shiseido counter and got this (33 USD sigh.) Despite of bits of dryness (I have dry skin), the result is unbeatable! Your face will definitely paler after use (although the effect is not permanent.) It generally cured the previously-uncurable zits caused by the drugstore brands. I am pleased with the results.

on 9/29/2008 9:44:00 PM

Absolutely love this cleansing foam! The foaming action was amazing given that I only use a tiny pea sized amount and the feeling of it on my face was lovely/luxurious. It cleanses rather well and does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. On the plus side, it has a very pleasing scent that is not too strong. Certainly met and exceeded my expectations on it and will definitely repurchase. Not sure about the brightening effect of this cleanser, but I use it in conjunction with the rest of the White Lucent line and there is an apparent brightening effect.