October 1, 2014 | 1194 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by disillusioned

I love this cleanser. I've been using it over a year already. No breakouts caused by this cleanser, and over time it whitens my old acne scars as well. Brilliant product, would purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by michellebrauner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love this cleanser. A little goes a long way and so the price isn't bad. The smell is great and I love the silky way it feels lathering up. It feels a tad dry afterwards but then when I use the softener and lotion afterwards my skin feels totally smooth and clean. I noticed that there isn't a lot of residue on my skin left over on the cotton ball when I use the softener so it must really be working. Also, my face did not get any blemishes while using this cleanser.

When I used all the products in the line together I did get some fading of my melasma and freckles but it didn't all disappear. I got a starter set, ran out and now want to try the Caudalie line vinoperfect to compare. If that doesn't work as well I will go back to the Shiseido White Lucent for sure. It's awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It foams up and you just lather it on. I gently massage this on my skin and splash to rinse. After ward my skin glows and it whitens instantly!!! I am already light skin but it gives me a even lighter skin tone. But the effect last only about 15 minutes, then my skin goes back to it's regular color. The down side to this cleasner is that it can really dry out my skin. I have normal skin. So if you have dry skin..... try something else. I only use this during summer time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will most definitely be repurchasing this!! This is the BEST cleanser I've ever tried. Just the tiniest amount will lather up and rinse all oil and every speck of makeup on my face!! I don't find that it dries out my face, however I do have oily skin...I am also in love with the scent!! It is enough to make me repurchase the entire line!! I would definitely suggest the starter kit, which comes with the cleanser, softener, and moisturizer. All the products are wonderful and make my skin soft and glowy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A lot of ppl are duped into believing that all Japanese products, especially Shisheido stuff are very gentle and great for sensitive skin. Don't get me wrong, there are things that are great for sensitive skin in their line, but sadly this product isn't.
I don't have extremely sensitive skin, just combination, acne-prone, slightly sensitive kind. And this foaming cleanser was enough to dry out and redden my skin in summer months. Generally speaking I think any line to do with Brightening/Whitening are not gentle. Although the creaminess and foaminess was perfect the after-effect was not. I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

I was a loyal fan of shiseido 10 years ago, willing to buy anything but them except for the 100+ dollar white essence. Anyways, after they raised the price of the UV whitening toner from 29 to 49, I said that's it, I will find a comparable products with lower price. However, after years of battling drugstore brands, I gave up! Drugstore cosmetics are simply too harsh on me. And, I finally went back to the Shiseido counter and got this (33 USD sigh.) Despite of bits of dryness (I have dry skin), the result is unbeatable! Your face will definitely paler after use (although the effect is not permanent.) It generally cured the previously-uncurable zits caused by the drugstore brands. I am pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by zipz

Absolutely love this cleansing foam! The foaming action was amazing given that I only use a tiny pea sized amount and the feeling of it on my face was lovely/luxurious. It cleanses rather well and does not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. On the plus side, it has a very pleasing scent that is not too strong. Certainly met and exceeded my expectations on it and will definitely repurchase. Not sure about the brightening effect of this cleanser, but I use it in conjunction with the rest of the White Lucent line and there is an apparent brightening effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tammy000

It is a great cleanser for my combination skin. Not too dry, not too oily. I don't see any brightening effect. It may have contributed to my occasional breakouts. I will not buy again so that I can try other products. Recently I fall in love with Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by astronaut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my absolute HG cleanser. I discovered this product by accident. I was staying at a friend's place and decided to try out her cleanser (without permission shh!). It was the Shiseido White Lucent foam. I was amazed the first time I used it at how SQUEAKY clean it left my face! Literally! When you rinse the product off your hands and face, you can feel and hear the squeak! It left my face feeling very clean yet not dry and tight feeling at all. After that, I immediately purchased my own. It's a bit steep, $33 for a cleanser, but I think it's well worth it. You only use a tiny amount and add a little bit of water for the product to foam up and spread. It's not a liquid, soft type of foam either. It's thick.

I asked my father to try out this cleanser as well because I was curious to know how it works for him. He has very oily skin and bad skin (with the indented acne scars as well). He can just squeeze his skin and gunk will come out of his pores with ease (gross!). He tried using the Shiseido cleanser at night and told me that the next morning, he tried squeezing his cheeks and no gunk! :D

Okay, so basically this product makes your face very very clean. But I'll admit that as far as the brightening aspect goes, I don't know. I haven't noticed anything drastic, but I also have not been paying close attention since that wasn't my expectation from this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a basic cleanser that foams up like crazy and does the job for me. i don't know if it actually brightens. :)

the price is very high, but considering the fact that you only need a TINY amount to cover your face and neck, it's worth every cent.