L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01%) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 4/5/2015 5:35:00 PM

I like a fuller coverage when I'm picking out my foundations, I came across this one and I thought it would be a good switch if it could match my skin tone since the current brand I use is always a bit off. The tone was GREAT! But the coverage is so thin that I had to apply it about 3 times to get the same affect as my other foundation.

on 4/4/2015 11:39:00 AM

I "test drove" this foundation for a day and so far I think it's brilliant!
The c/w/n labelling makes it easy to find your perfect shade- mine was c3 Rose Beige. My biggest fear was that it would dry out my skin- as my heart was broken from trying MUFE HD which sucked every drop of moisture out of my skin, dissappeared off my face and just clung to dry patches. After shelling out £35 for it, i was beyond gutted.
So after determining the correct shade, i exfoliated and moisturised well and put on a moisturising illuminating primer. Then the foundation.it seemed to dry quickly so i had to blend very very quickly. But once it was on and set, it looked natural and glowy.
The true test of a foundation is the test of time in my opinion, so i blotted it with Ben Nye cameo powder on my shiny bits and went about my business. 3 hours later, it needed a quick blot on my cheeks ( nothing major) but it was still there -NOT highlighting my dry patches. NOT settling into fine lines or making my pores look huge. 8 hours later this is still looking good and has only been lightly touched up once. Did not oxidise or dissapear or slide off my face. I am well pleased. I wish i had discovered this before wasting my money on MUFE!!
Edited to add: the uk version comes with a pump, sanitary and no wastage! WIN!

I've been using this foundation every day for a few months now and it's not bad at all!

Pros:

- it really is super blendable! It blends like a dream. I find the best way to apply it is using a beauty blender or some other egg shaped sponge.

- the shade selection is awesome! Although the lite at shade is slightly darker than my neck, it's not noticeable at all unless you're looking super close.

- coverage. It is NOT full coverage by any means but it does provide medium coverage! Enough to cover old scars and under eye circles.

Cons:
- pricey pricey for a drugstore foundation.

- it tends to get shiny throughout the day. I'd say after about four hours or so.

- the bottle is awful! It really needs a pump.

Overall this is a good everyday foundation! I prefer revlon colorstay though!

on 4/2/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

As of now, this is my go to foundation that I wear every single day. It's definetely not my holy grail foundation as I am still on the hunt for a better one.

PRO
- Many shades available (amazing range of colours) I'm a W5 and this foundation really suits my skin tone

-Very blendable, a little bit of the product goes a long way. It's not too hard to set it on your face.

- Doesn't feel cakey once you put it on. The foundation itself doesn't feel too heavy once I apply it as I've found with most foundations, which is a huge pro if you're going to wear it for a long time you want it to feel good once you put it on, which this product does!

-Doesn't break me out.
I consider my skin tone to be acne-prone and a little sensitive. With that being said, this foundation reacted well with my skin, not quite too sure why so many people report it breaks them out. My skin had no issues with the foundation.

- Lasts all day
The one thing I really like about it is the fact that by the end of the day I still look great with the foundation. It's really convient for people who work long hours or have school, etc. The foundation lasts all day which I really enjoy!

-The bottle will last you a while
Though this depends on how much you are actually using, for me I use this product 5 days a week and occasionally on weekends, and with that being said, though the bottle is tiny it lasts me around 3 months before I start to run out. It's suprising that though the size of the foundation itself is a bit dissapointing, it lasts a while.

CON
- Medium coverage.
I have a lot of acne scars and this foundation, though it covers my redness doesn't do a very good job at hiding my scars so if you're looking for a high coverage foundation this wouldnt be a good fit. However, I just use concelear afterwards so it's not too big of a deal for me.

-The bottle itself is a huge con.
It comes in a tiny bottle with no pump so you have to pour it out in order to use it. Not very convenient

-High price for a drugstore foundation.

All in all, If this were to run out I would buy it again, but this foundation isn't THE one. I'm still on the hunt for a better, high coverage foundation. But this will do! I would reccomend it to people who are looking for a meduim coverage foundation that lasts a long time.

on 4/2/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It really was a disappointment loved the finish at first glance and how much coverage but just after 4 or five applications over a week my face is a absolute mess! it also doesn't hold up well to oil and i don't have very oily skin at all!
my youtube is below with my full review ! hope it helps!

Color selection is good, even for a very pale cool toned gal. Other than that, I have nothing good to say. Breaks me out like crazy, settles into every pore, melts off my face within 3 hours. I gave this to my teenage daughter, broke her out too. Trashed it. No, I will NOT repurchase.

on 3/31/2015 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason I never tried L'Oreal products in the 10 years I've been wearing makeup. Boy do I wish I knew this foundation existed when I was still in high school. I have very fair skin and its so hard to find a foundation that is not to yellow/ orange on me. I also have sensitive skin that is acne prone and I have a lot of post acne hyperpigmentation.

What I love about this foundation is that its super buildable. I don't like the feeling of heavy coverage foundations even though I do them. I just hate being able to know there is make-up on my face and I don't like the cake look at all. I just take a very small amount of this at a time and build. I usually use 1 layer to even out my out whole face and take just a tiny bit to build on my cheeks where most of my marks are. It doesn't get cakey, just let it dry before adding another layer. You could get full coverage if you want with this and it will still feel like your skin.

I took off stars for the price, kinda pricey for drugstore but still affordable. And the packaging the jar is quite small and doesn't have a pump.
I use W1 normally but W2 works too in the summertime.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I would give this a 3.5/4. I do like it, and I would repurchase if it ran out, but I am still on the hunt for the perfect foundation and this isn't it.

L'Oreal has a perfect shade range, and I can always find a colour to match me, no matter how tanned or pale I am. So that's a YES to us yellow/olive toned girls who can never find a foundation..haha. L'oreal's products are very watery and runny, but I do find this quite difficult to blend (I've tried various sponges and brushes, damp and dry) especially round drier areas with spots. It provides a beautiful flawless finish. It is satin/semi-matte, but it makes me look glowy and fresh. I do think this is my favourite foundation when I want a beautiful, flawless and fresh face. But for lasting power, this is a no no. If this foundation lasted longer than 3 hours (looking perfect) I would say that this would my holy grail, but unfortuneatly it doesn't. Saying that however, it doesn't ever feel caked on or heavy. I would recommend you give this a go.

on 3/26/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried out this foundation for about two months now. I bought it because of my new job, where I felt like my HG foundation (MAC Face and Body) was too low coverage and was a bit too dewy. My work is often hot and stressful, so I wanted something that wouldn't make me look too shiny in the heat, and something that covered the redness I sometimes get on my cheeks from heat or/and stress.

I have normal skin; around my nostrils is the only place where I sometimes get a little bit oily at the end of the day. Not much though. My skin is clear and has no spots or breakouts, but my cheaks are a bit red. I have a yellow undertone and I'm quite fair in the wintertime (NC20) but I tan in the summer. That's about all you need to know about my skin. Also I'm 20 y/o.

I bought this foundation in two shades; W1 and W3. They both have a yellow undertone, and W1 fits me when I'm as pale as can be (with a bit of bronzer) while W3 is a good match for my summer/selftanning skintone. When I got home and compared the shades to my MAC Face and Body (C1 and C2), I noticed that the True Match wasn't as yellow though. So if you have a Very yellow undertone, you'll might find it hard to find a good shade match. Also just a note; the foundation contains glitter. It's not visible on the skin but I can clearly see it in the bottle.

On the skin the foundation looks not dewy nor matte. To me it's somewhere in the middle. I'd say if you have large pores and you want to hide it this may not be the foundation for you. I have no visible pores at all but if I look really closely at this foundation in the mirror I can tell that it's sinking into every little tiny "dent" in the skin. I'd say it has a medium coverage.

After about 7 hours at work the foundation has started to wear of around my nostrils. But it holds up pretty well considering I work in such hot and stressful enviorment.

The packaging to me is great; I live in Europe and over here this foundation comes with a pump. I belive I will repurchase this foundation since it's good for the purpose I bought it for. I don't use it apart from when I'm working though, simply because I think there are better foundations out there. But I don't want to spend my money on something high end just for work, and so far this is the best one I've tried from the drugstore.

on 3/23/2015 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know this foundation is known for it's wide shade range, but surprisingly I could not find a good match. I've a neutral undertone, and so when N2 and N3 were too pink for me, I tried W2 (W3 looked really pink compared to W2 and W4) and I was surprised to find that it's also too pink for me. And I can't even try to make it work because it has really noticeable sparkles in it, so either way it looks unnatural on me. Not to mention even applying it with a sponge it still gets cakey. As for the staying power, I have oily skin and this will not stay for more than 4 hours. Also clings to my dry spots I get from acne pretty badly.

Video Reviews & Tutorials