Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.3

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 5/9/2005 3:59:00 AM

I love this treatment oil and it is not greasy at all! I am combination and used to have oily T zone/ prone to breakout, (also suffered from steroid rosaceas but luckily it is clear up * fingercross *) Have been using this bottle for over 6 months, and now my skin is much clearer, less zits and I can feel and see that my skin is really hydrated (smaller pores) after every niteˇ¦s application, would recommend to use it on damp face (I use it over nu skinˇ¦s NaPCA mist) to get the best result

on 5/6/2005 8:51:00 PM

have to admit this is the best night time treatment ever for my combo skin, after just a week's use, my T-zone is not oily, and cheek is weel hydrated... I also tried their lotus oil, it has similar result I would say

smell is a little bit strong though

I used to be conbination oily/ breakout prone but over the last couple of months I've been becoming dryer especially over my cheeks. So I went to the Clarins counter to try the blue orchid oil after reading all the glowing reviews on MUA.

The SA sugggested that I use it two to three times a week at night and to massage the oil into the dryer parts of my face and it does make a difference. The dry parts feel nicely moisturised and yet my chin and nose don't feel greasy in the morning. My skin feels soft and glowy.

And this stuff together with the Eilzabethe Arden Perpetual moisture cream really is saving my skin in India. It's the start of summer at the moment and it's hot with and average temperature in the mid thirties degrees Celcius, and really really dry. I layer this and the cream and it's been helping with the dryness so far. Good stuff.

I love this treatment oil! I use it everynight under Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture and wake up to lovely soft clear skin. If you use it on slightly damp skin as reccomended on the bottle it is very easy to apply and you need so little, my bottle will last for ages.

on 12/13/2004 9:48:00 PM

Made my face sting, and with serums I'm never quite able to distribute it evenly on my face, so I end up rubbing more harshly than I should in order to spread it around.

on 10/25/2004 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It moisturizes, leaves the skin more supple and soft and comfortable. Don't overdo it otherwise it feels heavy. Good for dry skin.

on 10/13/2004 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

An interesting, and attractive night time moisturizer. the product is completely natural, a fact which gives it both good and bad points; it feels great, and just the application itself is a lovely massage for the face and neck.
I'm just not sure if it lasts all night long. after all, plant oil is thinner than cream.
Soon i'll move to clarins' Multi-Active Night Lotion (i'm 29), and we'll see who's the winner :)
Update (10/24) - finished the damned bottle at last, started using the Multi-Active Night Cream, and came back with final concluessions: the Blue Orchid is not hydrating enough for needy skins, like mine, and i'm only 29. secondly, it's uncomfortable to follow facial oil with a top coat of a moisture quenching cream (like Clinique's On-Line). and third, why bother? Clarins' Multi-Active night cream is the best thing i ever put on my face; it's not only VERY hydrating, but can easily tolarate another coat of a different moisturizer. see my separate review.

on 10/10/2004 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is sooooo great for my dehydrated, sensitive skin! For those of you who spill the product or don't like the packaging, here's the Clarins method taught by the skin care specialists: Place your palm over the bottle's opening (making an airtight, spillproof seal), turn the bottle over (keeping your palm firmly over the top), then turn it back upright. Take your hand off the bottle's opening and take a look. There should be a contact-lens-sized drop of oil on your palm. Do that three or so more times on different areas of your palm so that you have four "drops" of oil on your palm. Put the bottle down, put your hands together and "warm" the oil between both palms before "pressing" it onto your skin. There is absolutely no waste of product and you will get the perfect amount to use on your face.

I use this under my Clarins Thirst Quenching Hydra-Balance Mask once a week. continued >>

on 9/26/2004 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product!This was the one i used before i got total doble serum.It,s the better product for dehydrated skin and great to use at night(it may live your face shinny or a bit oily,it depends on how dehydrated your skin is or the amount of oil you use).For aging skins i find total doble serum better coz it,s also nurturing and has firming effects.Natural oils are the best for skin(sometimes i use olive oil to clean or as a toner and makes wonders!!!but don,t forget to swipe the excess away).

on 8/5/2004 12:22:00 PM

This product is awesome! I've been using the Lotus Oil for 4 months and have been so happy with it that I decided to try this. Been using the Lotus Oil on my t-zone and this on the rest of my face and neck and I can't believe the results. I have had no reaction to it despite my super sensitive skin. An considering what a big jar you get, I don't think it's expensive at all. At the rate I'm going, it looks like it can last at least a year to a year and a half!

Popular Treatments (Face)