January 25, 2015 | 978 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Retread

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aurora_daisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite conditioner. I use it with Rehab and my hair has never looked better. It is shiny and soft and healthy looking. It might smell a little strange in the tub, but once my hair is dry after using it, it smells amazing. I get so many compliments on how good my hair smells. One lady I work with even said that I don't need perfume, or deodorant since my hair smells so good. My boyfriend loves it, I love it, I can't imagine why so many people think it smells so bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by theseagrows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

strange to me that so many people despise the scent of retread. that was actually the main reason i bought it! it smells like subtly clean hair to me and not much else. i do need a bit of moisture because i dye my hair, but i have oily hair so i use conditioner sparingly. it makes my hair soft and smelling good. i love it and i'll buy it as long as they carry it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cowboymommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh... I was just okay with this conditioner. For it to be as "moisturizing" as they say, I wasn't impressed. I think Jungle does a better job and goes a lot longer of a way in quantity and price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by bobsyouruncle

Okay Lush hater that I have surely become this is one of the worst products Ive ever used in their dish soap and candle wax line of hair products. I dont know who developes their products but they should be caned,or horse whipped or worse..forced to use this shite!!(and I bet they dont!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

This comes in a large, flimsy black plastic jar that can be cumbersome to use in the shower. The conditioner is thick, white, and has a strong scent -- and in my mind, a not too pleasant one. It reminds me of a tub of joint compund, or shower grout; sort of a chalky, medicinal fragrance. Between the packaging and the scent, it is more Home Depot-ish than beauty product. That being said, it does work if your hair is thick, damaged, and/or coarse. Your hair will feel very soft and smooth. I would be very cautious if your hair was fine, straight, or oily.
For me, this is an effective product that is unpleasant to use and overpriced. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by babylis12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really surprised by the reviews for this conditioner. I just purchased this and I'm really loving it. My boyfriend bought it a couple of months ago and his hair was really soft and smelled really good after using it! At the time I couldnt afford to buy it myself and I had a lot of Veganese left but when I ran out of Veganese I decided to splurge for this! I'm so glad I did. It works when I want my hair to be wavy and it REALLY works when I want my hair to be straight. It doesnt weight my hair down and the scent really stays in your hair!
I've used it with BIG, seanick (best combo), and jumping juniper. I'll be using it with rehab next :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2007 9:49:00 AM More reviews by blitzzkrieg

This did absolutely NOTHING for my dyed african american hair. I don't think it moisturized, conditioned, or made my hair shiny at all. A complete waste of $$$

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2007 5:40:00 AM More reviews by iloveshoesandcoffee

Smells horrible - like rotten fruits and rancid milk. I hold my nose when I use this and wash it out really well afterwards. Despite the vile smell, this does wonders for my hair. I have long thick, coarse, frizzy, curly color treated hair and it makes it soft and easy to work with. Not shiny, though. I'm still debating whether or not I need to repurchase this. I like what it does but hate the smell, the packaging, and the fact that this does not last too long. I think I got about 5-6 applications out of the tub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not fond of how it smells in the tub (I think it's the soymilk), but for some reason my hair smells awesome for hours after I rinse it out. Equally impressive is how soft my hair feels. I have thick, naturally curly, color-treated hair that I blow out straight a few times a week. While I wouldn't use this every day, a couple times a week is just right. Used in conjunction with another LUSH fave of mine, Recon (a scalp treament), my previously damaged hair (by way of too much flatironing) is well on the mend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by poppiesandboppies

EDIT: I've changed my mind a bit on this conditioner after using it for a while. It moisturises and conditions my hair well and everything except adding shine. My hair feels really soft afterwards even if I iron it or blow dry. It might even add shine to other users, maybe my hair is just a lost cause due to the amount of damage done previously.

Old review:I had high hopes for this product but it doesn't condition or strengthen like it promises. I iron my hair on a daily basis and in the last year I've coloured it 5 times therefore I have dry, brittle hair. This conditioner does leave my hair feeling soft and I don't mind the scent at all, actually leaning towards liking it, but I find my hair looking dull. Also, like everyone else, I find the jar quite annoying.
I'd probably reccommend this to someone who doesn't style their hair often, as I do think it's moisturising but just not enough for me.