December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Resurface Kit - The Microdelivery In-Home Vitamin C Peptide Peel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by melawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. First of all, 4 stars because the price is outrageous. I received it as a gift and I'm dreading the day I run out and have to buy it myself! However, I've recently moved to NYC and my skin just freaked out. This kit helps bring it back to semi-normal conditions, and my skin is smoooooooth as buttah, baby! Well, except where the pimples are. I use it once a week, or whenever my skin starts getting really freaky, before bed.

It's quick, it's easy, it's love. I don't have the money to get facials/peels done professionally, but this is holdin' down the fort pretty decently!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 3:33:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since my skin has been in good condition, I wanted to try out this product to maintain and enhance my skin from few acne scars. I read all the positive reviews but didn't have high expectations. After first use, my face was glowing(not shiny) and my large pores on my nose almost looked invisible. But the next morning, I broke out like crazy! Large red bumps were all over my chin, forehead, everywhere on my face! I was disappointed but I remembered that I left it on my face longer than the direction instructed, I probably left it on my face for 10 minutes. I generally like to leave any masks and defoliators on my face for longer than the instructions but I think this product is way too harsh to leave it for that long. Anyways I decided to give it another chance and this time I follow their directions for only leaving it on for 1-2 minutes after step 2. I have to say, this time it worked, no breakouts. I still don't like it as much as the Aspirin mask but overall it's ok. I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin since it burns a little when you apply both step 1 + 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ticklemeyellow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I've been using this for a few years now---first got it as a sample @ Sephora and had to run out to buy the full size! It literally takes off all the dead skin, dry patches and even lightens old pimple scars I have on my chin. You do need to do a little bit of work to prep the kit for your face. Apply the vitamin C crystals directly onto your clean & dry face, give it a good rub, concentrating on areas that need it most then apply the activating gel, which turns the crystals into a warming, paste-like consistency, massage it for a couple of minutes, rinse and you will notice the difference right away! Make sure to apply moisturizer afterward (with SPF if you decide to use this in daytime). It is pricey @ $65 but well worth it. One of the downfall is that the vitamin C starts to smell a bit 'rancid' towards the end of its shelf life (about a year, it didn't come as a big surprise but disappointed nonetheless) so if you like the product and your skin can handle it, don't use it too infrequently because the product will be wasted. I've done that twice already, because of the cost I didn't want to use it every week, more like once or twice month,ended up wasting a lot of product when I had to toss it. All in all, the best exfoliant I've ever used.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by onlygoodthings

This treatment was super easy to do! It only took about five minutes which was great! From the moment I applied the gel I could feel it doing it's work. It left my skin feeling ultra soft - my boyfriend just kept touching my cheeks! It also left me with a beautiful glow and smoothed out some bumpiness around my forehead. I will be doing this weekly for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this 2 steps peel a couple of times and I have to say that I am pleased. I have some doubts about the appplication, though. The instructions read as follows:

- step 1: apply vitamin c crystals to a clean dry face.
- step 2: gently massage using circular motions to buff away dead, dry skin cells for thirty to sixty seconds; and then leave on skin for one to three minutes.
-step 3: apply a thin layer of activator gel over crystals.
- step 4: after applying activator gel, a warming sensation and foam will appear. leave on for one minute and then rinse.

OK the first 2 steps are fine and it's the part I like best. It smells like Vit. C (fresh, acid, orangey and i can feel the micro beads.
Then I applied the activator: It's a crystal creal fluid. Nothign major happened... i mean, no white foam no warming sensation. may it be I applied too little?
However, after some minutes, I did a little scrubbing, and rinsed.
Wow, really fantastic! my face was brighter and glowing.
this is a really good scrub, I have to say. (a bit on the expensive side, at 40$ though).
No allergies or adverse reaction, however I would be careful if you have sensitive skin... as this seems an "heavy duty" treatment...
______________________________________

What the Philosophy site says:
- rebuilds skin: peptides: a combination of amino acids that help rebuild the skin's support structure. peptides helps improve the skin's firmness and elasticity while minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- brightens skin: vitamin c: this antioxidant and collagen stimulator offers anti-aging benefits, helps brighten the skin and helps protect against environmental attack.
- keeps skin clear: salicylic acid: helps shed pore walls of dead skin cells and helps keep skin clear while minimizing congestion/breakouts.
- exfoliates and moisturizes: lactic acid: exfoliates and moisturizes the skin which helps promote smooth, healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by ceciliaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product! I actually got the same results using Philosophy's microdelivery peel as I got at the dermatologist office! The mini peel I did at my dermatologist office cost me $150... So considering how many uses I get from this product and comparing the results by a professional...it is definitely worth the price.
This product keeps my skintone even and youthful looking and is a quick "pick me up" when your skin feels dull.
This is a must have! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by BGR8FUL

I love this peel! I use a Clarisonic every day, so I don't need that much more in the way of exfoliation, but this peel does a great job of cleaning out and tightening up my pores. It also evens out my skin tone and makes my skin extra smooth. I hadn't used it in a while so I'd forgotten how well it works. Looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror both before and after convinced me that this is well worth using once or twice a week. I gave the packaging quality a 4 because I have a hard time using both components at an equal pace and it really doesn't need to be in such a big box. Other than that, I am happy to have this peel as part of my anti-aging 'bag of tricks.'

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by vmcdonnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This totally smooths out my otherwise bumpy forehead and keeps my chin line hormonal acne at bay. My face feels super soft after I use it with a good moisturizer. It's pricey, but I swapped for it after liking a sample from Sephora and would still purchase the kit after my current one is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupNovice26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have re-discovered this product. I kept getting told by my threading guru that my skin was looking quite awful in the winter months and that I really needed a face peel. Low and behold I didn't have the money for it. So what do I find in my bathroom drawer? This kit and oh my! She hasn't said a word about my skin anymore and in fact I have gotten a couple of compliments that my skin looks fresh. Oh yeah, baby!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by AmJeLu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*This is an excellent Philosophy Product. After one use, my skin looked and felt better overall; smoother, brighter, less redness and tighter. My neck and face were ultra soft after use and through the next 2 days. Using this system truly makes my face look better with makeup on and without makeup. I usually would not go bare-faced but this Philosophy Microdelivery System allows me to do that. It is obvious to me that it removes all dead skin and really penetrates the skin surface to clean pores and even out skin tone, smooth over little lines, tighten up under eyes, etc.

*Each container in the kit only has 2 ounces and this system retails for about $65 - but you should only use a VERY small amount each evening. The price is not bad for what you are getting. You really only need to use this kit 2-3 times a week and use only a nickle size or less of the Vitamin C crystals (you only need a tiny amount) and the Serum (use enough to barely cover your face over crystals).

*You are supposed to use Vitamin C systems like this at night, because the sun can inhibit the benefits of Vitamin C and antioxidant rich products used on the skin - so do this one before bed.

This is truly a GREAT product to make a part of you regular nightly skin routine, in place of an exfoliant a few times a week!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No