Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 3/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Yay for vaseline!! My lips get so dry in the winter and sometimes it starts to split and hurts so bad. I would use lots of different kinds of lip products but they didn't do much for me. So I started using vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed and in the morning they would be nice and moisturized. Just makes my lips perfect for applying lipstick in the morning.

on 3/4/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It caused a few pimples around my lips. One of them hurts.

I also used it for my eyelashes. I was hoping for my eyelashes to grow and thicken but they didn't. However, it did condtion them so they don't fall off anymore. It is also a great makeup removal but lotion is great, too

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have tried chapstick, carmex, olive oil, everything! on my dry lips and nothing works as great as vaseline. i just scrub my lips to get rid of the dead skin and then apply this and it works wonders. dry hands/feet? just put some vaseline on at night, put on socks/gloves and the next morning you will have soft hands and feet.

on 2/22/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

LIFE SAVER!! the only product i can put on chapped nose (from constant sneezing/blowing my nose from kleenex), wax burns, chapped lips/wind burns, take off makeup, treat cuticles, put it on heels...endless uses!! It should be in every girl's aresenal.

on 2/22/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this on my lips every night before I go to sleep. I also like to put this on dry spots on my skin, especially when it is a little sensitive.

on 2/22/2010 12:45:00 PM

I do not really think there are people who do not like vaseline. Personally, I use it as a night moisturizer (a few years ago, I would definitely consider this "beauty item" only useful for areas like feet and perhaps,lips but surely not for the face skin) )and the next day I always wake up with a glowing face...100% moisturized and free of pimples, scars and dark circles. it definitely does not clog pores -as people tend to believe- and it hydrates the face skin better than other -undoubtedly, more expensive- products. In the past,I used to regard cheap products like vaseline as hazardous and I avoided them. Like most of women, I used to spend a lots of money for cosmetics and I did it without hesitation. Thanks to a good friend of mine, however, who happens to be a dermatologist, I learned that you do not really need a fortune to have a decently healthy skin. Unfortunately, I learned this after several years of spending fortunes on cremes and lotions that simply did nothing. Anyway, it's never too late!

on 2/7/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Vaseline, my first true beauty treatment product. I use castor oil on brows, but for my lashes I use Vaseline, and I've been doing so since I was fourteen (which is over 40 years ago). My lashes are straight and long and they have always been full and furry -- EXCEPT for the 2-3 years when DD talked me into foregoing the use of this product because I'd become milia-prone.

I'm back to rubbing my lashes and tops of lids with a small bit of this stuff. To be honest, until I was about 47, all I used around the eye areas and mouth was good old Vaseline. I don't recommend this "beauty" routine, but gosh, they were the good old days. Then I started needing AHA's and glycolics for very mild (but persistent) acne and products to even out skintone. Happily I'm past that phase of life and I'm able at night to just moisturize (Nivea) and use, sparingly, Vaseline.

Other reviewers have stated the multiple other uses of this product (burns, abrasions, chapped skin, eye makeup remover, etc). I just wanted to weigh in on one of the oldest products around, and it's still good, at least for me it is.

on 2/7/2010 5:26:00 PM

Encouraged by all the positive reviews of Vaseline on this website, I tried it as a night cream last night. I normally keep it around the house just for hand/foot/lip moisturizer when my skin gets really dry. Last night I put it all over my face after cleansing, and it was completely absorbed by the time I woke up in the morning. The smoothness and softness of my skin in the morning was unbelieveable. I will still keep using Prevage for night cream and Dermalogica 15 SPF for day eye cream, but I definitely recommend Vaseline as a once/twice a week night cream for anyone who has dry skin in winter. The last time my skin glowed like this was after a salon facial.

on 2/4/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My roomate thinks its creepy how i use this for everything: lips, heels, eyelids (and easy no-make-up sheen) and occasionally as eyemakeup remover. usually i try pretty hard to make her happy, but this is one habit i wont give up.

on 1/28/2010 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is a classic for a reason. Good for feet, face, lashes, elbows, makeup remover, and the list goes on. My favorite use if for the overdry skin one can get from acne meds. It helps with the flakes more than anything else I've tried. This is a makeup vanity staple and if you don't like it for one use you'll find a way to use it for something else (like making your own lip color). Dirt cheap, nothing to lose. Good Stuff.

Popular Treatments (Face)