August 21, 2014 | 1706 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by NatureGerbil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to have extremely bad exema on my hands in the winter (skin so dry it cracks and bleeds) and vaseline was the only thing that helped. I'd lather it on my hands and put on cheap drug store cotton gloves over top so I could still do things and my skin would get much much softer and less dry. Also great as a lip chap or gloss for the same reason (especially if playing with a younger sister or cousin who wants to be 'grown-up' as it's completely non-toxic, no colour and shiney). Also great to mix herbs into for further skin help, shimmer it with oatmeal or marigold then drain through a cheese-cloth and store. Plus it lasts forever. Staple for every household.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lisajoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my lips heals them when they are chapped and makes my lips so glossy with out the sticky feeling of gloss
My only complaint is it breaks me out if I get it on my skin. so before around your lips.

My sister-in-law uses it on her hands and has long, strong nails

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Scorpion93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion vaseline is a must have in everyones makeup collection. It offers mild moisture to the lips and the body. However I took two lippies away because in cases when the lips are really deprived of moisture it doesn't help much(especially in the winter).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Wynnie

I have been using Vaseline on my lips and also for any mild scrapes and razor burn for about 10 years but I cant believe I never thought to use it as skin treatment. I used it on my feet and my boyfriend told me last night he cannot believe how good my feet look! I'm going to use it all over this coming winter because my skin gets so dry it actually gets sore. I saw a woman on tv this passed week who is 92 years old and has great skin.....she said her secret was Vaseline!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Uses I like for vaseline:

Tinted lip balm. Got a favourite lipstick that you have come to the end of and there is that little bit left in the tube that you can't just apply straight to your lips. You could use a lip brush to get it out OR get a left over lip balm container that is clean, scoop out the remaining lipstick (the thin handle of a teaspoon works well), pop it in the empty container. fill 2/3rds of remaining container with vaseline and seal container, immerse container in hot water for several minutes, till melted, then remove container and mix (either by shaking or stirring) carefully (mixture will be HOT) and hey presto tinted lip balm in favourite shade.

Clear lip balm

Overnight treatment: I have very sensitive cheeks that get dry, flaky and red and inflamed. I put this on overnight over the top of my moisturiser and it dramatically reduces dryness, redness and irritation and does not clog my acne prone skin. It is a bit messy, but it works!

Eyebrow gel

Makeup remover: I wear a matte long lasting liquid foundation that is impossible to budge with normal cleansers. Oil type cleansers did the trick but irritated my skin, drying it out and clogging it. I massage this into my face with some water and then massage my foaming Clinique mild liquid soap over the top and it removes everything, and leaves my skin feeling clean but not dried out. It doesn't feel like there is a residue either.

Protector: when you are at home with a cold and your nose is chapped and red - slather this on around your nose. It puts a barrier between you and the tissue, and helps moisturise the chapped skin and reduce redness. You do have to reapply if you wipe your nose vigourously, but it is the only thing that helps prevent the damage and mitigate it, in my experience. Would probably also help with nappy rash.

Eye make up remover - meh, didn't like, too much rubbing, but everything else, it works great and is so cheap.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This does NOT work for my dry chapped lips. Been trying to put it on everyday just because everyone likes it for that simple purpose but it does nothing but sit on top of my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased a 50 g tub of Vaseline from Save-On-Foods for $2.49 CAD. I don't have dry skin, but I assume Vaseline would be a good staple to have around. The compact packaging makes this extra portable, and the side indents make it easy to open. So far I've only used a minute amount to remove eye makeup (similar to makeup eraser pencils).

I've read that some people are concerned about bacteria build up due to the design of the packaging. I suppose using a sterile applicator would resolve that issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't have dry anything really, but when after I've been swimming for a long time my skin gets really dry. I put this on at night and the nest day my skin is as good as new.
Also use this as a eye cream/ eye gel at night. Works just as well as some more expensive eye creams. Don't use it during the day because it's too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by isabellaxxmarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have dry skin, so I use Vaseline to make my eye base.
I crush up some wet n wild pressed powder and mix it with some vaseline and it works wonders as a primer. I wore it under my dark brown today and I had PE in the 80 degree weather and it is still on just like when I did it this morning. Awesome money saver!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

~ I adore Vaseline, but not for obvious reasons. I love using it as an eyeshadow base. Many people like it for dry areas like knees and elbows, I to also like it for this reason but since I don't get to dry in those areas I don't need it often. Anywho I like using Vaseline as an eyeshadow base because it picks up eyeshadow colors extremely well, I only like using it for lid colors of course- and you only need the tiniest amount and your set. It beats out a lot of HE primers out there. For example if I use Vaseline as a base and I wash off my makeup at night my eyeshadow is literally waterproof! I need to work really hard to get off the eyeshadow completely. I buy this in little mini packages so I can store it nice and compact in my MU bag. this is a great little gem! ♥ :)