Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

White Petrolatum

on 4/20/2010 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am reviewing this because I use this for many beauty purposes.
1. I have some loose pigments which I mix in (berry colors) and they make the most fabulous color lipglosses which last a long time.
2. My grandmother who is 98 years old used vaseline around her eyes from the time she was 25 and still looks amazing.
3. Dry areas are easily moistured.
4. It is hypoallergenic moisturizer

on 4/20/2010 10:19:00 AM

god bless vaseline for dry spots on the face. enough said.

on 4/3/2010 12:13:00 AM

So cheap and versatile! Works great as a moisturizer for lips. I have tried chapstick, carmex, burts bees and others but this works best for non-drying. It also works great as an eyebrow tamer, I used to buy special eyebrow gel but they always dried up with flakey dandruff like white spots, but you can use this to condition and keep your eyebrow hairs in place.
Finally, it's the best moisturizer for dry feet, just slather it on and put on socks overnight and your calluses will disappear after a few days of repeated use.

on 3/25/2010 10:56:00 PM

Just a quick note for everyone: If you dislike sticking your hand in the same mega jar for months, you can buy Vaseline in the baby section of the Pharmacy, in a tube format. Much more sanitary!

on 3/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Yay for vaseline!! My lips get so dry in the winter and sometimes it starts to split and hurts so bad. I would use lots of different kinds of lip products but they didn't do much for me. So I started using vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed and in the morning they would be nice and moisturized. Just makes my lips perfect for applying lipstick in the morning.

on 3/4/2010 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It caused a few pimples around my lips. One of them hurts.

I also used it for my eyelashes. I was hoping for my eyelashes to grow and thicken but they didn't. However, it did condtion them so they don't fall off anymore. It is also a great makeup removal but lotion is great, too

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have tried chapstick, carmex, olive oil, everything! on my dry lips and nothing works as great as vaseline. i just scrub my lips to get rid of the dead skin and then apply this and it works wonders. dry hands/feet? just put some vaseline on at night, put on socks/gloves and the next morning you will have soft hands and feet.

on 2/22/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

LIFE SAVER!! the only product i can put on chapped nose (from constant sneezing/blowing my nose from kleenex), wax burns, chapped lips/wind burns, take off makeup, treat cuticles, put it on heels...endless uses!! It should be in every girl's aresenal.

on 2/22/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this on my lips every night before I go to sleep. I also like to put this on dry spots on my skin, especially when it is a little sensitive.

on 2/22/2010 12:45:00 PM

I do not really think there are people who do not like vaseline. Personally, I use it as a night moisturizer (a few years ago, I would definitely consider this "beauty item" only useful for areas like feet and perhaps,lips but surely not for the face skin) )and the next day I always wake up with a glowing face...100% moisturized and free of pimples, scars and dark circles. it definitely does not clog pores -as people tend to believe- and it hydrates the face skin better than other -undoubtedly, more expensive- products. In the past,I used to regard cheap products like vaseline as hazardous and I avoided them. Like most of women, I used to spend a lots of money for cosmetics and I did it without hesitation. Thanks to a good friend of mine, however, who happens to be a dermatologist, I learned that you do not really need a fortune to have a decently healthy skin. Unfortunately, I learned this after several years of spending fortunes on cremes and lotions that simply did nothing. Anyway, it's never too late!

Popular Treatments (Face)