October 25, 2014 | 1732 users online

Treatments (Face) - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bluebird1980

sometimes old school products are good as the new school...but with vaseline...i'd say it's better...way better!..u can't go wrong with size u pay for...and the multipurpose use...u gotta love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I will ALWAYS repurchase vaseline till the day I die. This stuff is a gazilllllion times better than carmex and all those other lip products that claim to "heal your lips."
Trust me, Ive tried everything. Carmex (TERRIBLE! STAY AWAY.That stuff will make your lips break out and become bumpy for a week.) Soft Lips (Feels good at the moment,but then dries out your lips. i think my lips are alerggic to spf because anything that has spf my lips break oout from it, Chapstick (stuff it realllly bad for your lips. It will eventually ruin them one day) Burts Bee's (its good, but i realized you always have to reapply cause it dries out so quick, and its kinda on the pricey end of chapsticks) but nothing compares to good old vaseline. This stuff is a mircle worker on my lips, and its so cheap and lasts pretty much forever (;
the ones in the tube are the best! Especaillly the vaseline lip therapy, that stuff works wonders.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Vaseline! It has sooo many uses!

First, I use it to take off my eyemakeup in the shower (when I wash my face). So, I take a little bit of Vaseline, and just gently rub it over my eye area, and if you do this, you can actually feel your lashes getting softer because the mascara is coming off of it! And then afterwards, just wash the Vaseline off, and follow that by your normal facial cleansing routine.

Another use for Vaseline is to moisturize lips. I put a bit of Vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning, my lips are so soft and smooth!

And of course, Vaseline is super cheap for a giant tub!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin and have been using the formula called Vaseline white petroleum jelly for about 6 years now.

I will repurchase this product in the future because of the following reasons:
* reasonably priced
* multi- purpose
* moisturising on dry skin - my lips, feet, elbows, knees (donít use it anywhere else)
* comes in different sizes which is great for traveling
* readily available in your local area
* hasnít caused any skin irritation

Drawbacks include:
* Packaging isnít very sanitary, can easily be contaminated
* Feels Greasy
* Scared to use it on my face based on other reviews

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by NatureGerbil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to have extremely bad exema on my hands in the winter (skin so dry it cracks and bleeds) and vaseline was the only thing that helped. I'd lather it on my hands and put on cheap drug store cotton gloves over top so I could still do things and my skin would get much much softer and less dry. Also great as a lip chap or gloss for the same reason (especially if playing with a younger sister or cousin who wants to be 'grown-up' as it's completely non-toxic, no colour and shiney). Also great to mix herbs into for further skin help, shimmer it with oatmeal or marigold then drain through a cheese-cloth and store. Plus it lasts forever. Staple for every household.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lisajoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this on my lips heals them when they are chapped and makes my lips so glossy with out the sticky feeling of gloss
My only complaint is it breaks me out if I get it on my skin. so before around your lips.

My sister-in-law uses it on her hands and has long, strong nails

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Scorpion93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion vaseline is a must have in everyones makeup collection. It offers mild moisture to the lips and the body. However I took two lippies away because in cases when the lips are really deprived of moisture it doesn't help much(especially in the winter).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Wynnie

I have been using Vaseline on my lips and also for any mild scrapes and razor burn for about 10 years but I cant believe I never thought to use it as skin treatment. I used it on my feet and my boyfriend told me last night he cannot believe how good my feet look! I'm going to use it all over this coming winter because my skin gets so dry it actually gets sore. I saw a woman on tv this passed week who is 92 years old and has great skin.....she said her secret was Vaseline!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:40:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Uses I like for vaseline:

Tinted lip balm. Got a favourite lipstick that you have come to the end of and there is that little bit left in the tube that you can't just apply straight to your lips. You could use a lip brush to get it out OR get a left over lip balm container that is clean, scoop out the remaining lipstick (the thin handle of a teaspoon works well), pop it in the empty container. fill 2/3rds of remaining container with vaseline and seal container, immerse container in hot water for several minutes, till melted, then remove container and mix (either by shaking or stirring) carefully (mixture will be HOT) and hey presto tinted lip balm in favourite shade.

Clear lip balm

Overnight treatment: I have very sensitive cheeks that get dry, flaky and red and inflamed. I put this on overnight over the top of my moisturiser and it dramatically reduces dryness, redness and irritation and does not clog my acne prone skin. It is a bit messy, but it works!

Eyebrow gel

Makeup remover: I wear a matte long lasting liquid foundation that is impossible to budge with normal cleansers. Oil type cleansers did the trick but irritated my skin, drying it out and clogging it. I massage this into my face with some water and then massage my foaming Clinique mild liquid soap over the top and it removes everything, and leaves my skin feeling clean but not dried out. It doesn't feel like there is a residue either.

Protector: when you are at home with a cold and your nose is chapped and red - slather this on around your nose. It puts a barrier between you and the tissue, and helps moisturise the chapped skin and reduce redness. You do have to reapply if you wipe your nose vigourously, but it is the only thing that helps prevent the damage and mitigate it, in my experience. Would probably also help with nappy rash.

Eye make up remover - meh, didn't like, too much rubbing, but everything else, it works great and is so cheap.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This does NOT work for my dry chapped lips. Been trying to put it on everyday just because everyone likes it for that simple purpose but it does nothing but sit on top of my lips.