LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

on 10/11/2006 1:59:00 AM

Figs & Leaves did not do it for me. It just smelled like any other soap. It didn't dry me out, but it wasn't particularly moisturizing either. The scrubby seeds were okay, but if you have sensitive skin I would stay far, far away.

on 9/30/2006 1:06:00 PM

I adore this soap! It's one of my must-have-at-all-times product. It is soft, earthy and feminine. The little fig seeds feel really good on the skin. It's not heavy duty exfoliation but perfect on an everyday basis. I wish I could layer this with other products but thankfully, the smell does linger nicely on my skin after a shower. I store a bar of these on a shelf with my T-shirts and it makes them smell wonderful. I have repurchased many times and will certainly do so again.

on 9/20/2006 8:39:00 PM

I got a sample of this with a LUSH order and wasn't very excited about it until I tried it. The fragrance didn't seem too special at first but it's grown on me. It smells soft and feminine. I don't find that it has much staying power, but it is wonderfully strong in the shower. As for the exfoliating - ehh. I would never expect grit in a bar soap alone to properly exfoliate anyway, but the little fig seeds are round and don't scratch my skin like some swiss apricot scrubs I could name... I enjoy the scrubbyness of the bar; I think that's part of its charm. On the other hand I'm not sure how I'll feel about having leaves in my soap, but I liked the sample so much I'll have to buy a bar.
Ingredients: Fig Decoction (Ficus carica), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Linalool

on 8/5/2006 7:01:00 PM

I received a little sample slice of this in my first LUSH order. I sniffed it and was pretty underwhelmed so it sat on a shelf in my bathroom for over a month. I realized the other day that my body was in serious need of some exfoliation, so I pulled this ugly little thing out of its plastic wrapper and hopped in the shower. I kept HIWTK nearby in case I ended up hating Figs and Leaves, but I loved it. The seeds were so scrubby, but not painfully so. And shock of all shocks, this was actually moisturizing as well (so many reviews for LUSH soaps claim that they are moisturizing and I have NOT found that to be the case, wonderfully smelly as they may be). My skin felt like buttah when I got out and I only needed a dab of lotion on my elbows, knees, and feet--everything else was like silk! I will definitely be purchasing a big ol' ugly block of this in my next LUSH order.

i love this soap! and only stumbled upon it recently. It actually moisturisers and exfoliates (with the fig thingys) in one. It smells divine and is great value for money, will buy again and again!!

on 6/23/2006 8:17:00 AM

I adore this soap!!! I don't generally like bar soaps as a rule, but tried this, and have fallen in love! It smells delicious and the scrubbiness has converted me! I am converted!

on 5/17/2006 6:16:00 AM

I've already tried a lot of Lush soaps and wanted to try something new. I normally choose fruity/fresh/sweet scents and this is something completely different. Can't describe the scent though but I liked it. But when I use it, I can't get any lather from it and I LOVE lather! I NEED lather! ;-)
When washing with it, I can hardly smell anything.
Lush has a lot of other nice soaps, so I won't repurchase.

on 5/8/2006 11:51:00 AM

Oh, how I love the scent of this soap. For the smell alone, I would have given it a 5. I'm giving it a 4 because of some niggling annoyances. First, if you get a bad batch of this, the seeds can scratch, leaving you looking the victim of a cat attack. Second, it doesn't moisturize as well as some of Lush's other soaps. Third, the wonderful wonderful smell doesn't linger as long as I'd like. And fourth, it doesn't last very long, making it kind of expensive. I still buy this every few months, though.

on 4/25/2006 10:44:00 PM

A fabulously quirky, interestingly squishy soap. It doesn't overdry my hands, and leaves them lovely and smooth. Its one of my top ten favourite soaps, and with reason. I like the creamy lather, and aloe vera soaps are always soothing for my hands and body. Like all Lush soaps, its wrapped in paper. You're gonna throw out packaging anyway, so it doesn't bother me at all. Its environmentally friendly, and recyclable.

on 3/28/2006 6:01:00 PM

Ooh, I like this one! It's very earthy looking when you get it, but I find it charming. It's actually kinda squishy! The smell, oh, I love this scent. It's like... gardenias.. faint white gardenias and fig, or something like that. It's soft and light and sweet, not overpowering but strong enough to smell afterwards. I love the little fig seeds, they feel great. Lathers very well and feels creamy. The only reason I didn't give this 5 lipsticks is because LUSH soaps leave a gross film on my skin and are very drying.