LUSH Figs and leaves soap

3.9

a very nice subtle scented soap. it is one of the more moisturizing lush soaps. it has an interesting soft floral scent to it that i like well enough. it has fig seeds in it that are supposed to be exfoliating, but i don't think it works well for that purpose, as you use it the entire surface becomes covered with seeds, i have to scrape them off in order to use the bar. this is definitely the longest lasting lush soap i have used, it lasted so long i got tired of it and threw it away

I have very sensitive skin. This soap, for some reason, made me itchy.

Not one of Lush's quirkiest or most interestingly scented soaps, this, nonetheless is one of their very best. What you get is gentle, natural exfloation teamed with rich, creamy moisturisation of your skin: basically, everything you want for your soap to do, done beautifully, naturally, and inexpensively. This soap is creamy beige in colour with leaf fragments through it, and has a mild, creamy vaguely sweet scent which I always think has an ever-so-slight slight note of toasted coffee beans to it (though no one else seems to get this from this scent). Very pleasant and I've repurchased several times, when my skin's needed something simple, gentle and natural in the shower.

I have extremely sensitive skin and have never been bothered by any LUSH products. I can't even use any detergents except for the baby one, DREFT which is why I started using Lush products in the first place and I absolutely love them! I'm obsessed! When I first got this product I thought it was a little ugly looking but it smelled so good. I used it in the shower but after I got out I noticed that it was very drying not moisturizing at all like I hoped it would be... I couldn't throw it out though because it smells so good so I keep it in the guest bathroom and occasionaly use it as a hand soap.

Wonderful, lightsmelling, exfoliating bar for the body.

Figs & Leaves did not do it for me. It just smelled like any other soap. It didn't dry me out, but it wasn't particularly moisturizing either. The scrubby seeds were okay, but if you have sensitive skin I would stay far, far away.

I adore this soap! It's one of my must-have-at-all-times product. It is soft, earthy and feminine. The little fig seeds feel really good on the skin. It's not heavy duty exfoliation but perfect on an everyday basis. I wish I could layer this with other products but thankfully, the smell does linger nicely on my skin after a shower. I store a bar of these on a shelf with my T-shirts and it makes them smell wonderful. I have repurchased many times and will certainly do so again.

I got a sample of this with a LUSH order and wasn't very excited about it until I tried it. The fragrance didn't seem too special at first but it's grown on me. It smells soft and feminine. I don't find that it has much staying power, but it is wonderfully strong in the shower. As for the exfoliating - ehh. I would never expect grit in a bar soap alone to properly exfoliate anyway, but the little fig seeds are round and don't scratch my skin like some swiss apricot scrubs I could name... I enjoy the scrubbyness of the bar; I think that's part of its charm. On the other hand I'm not sure how I'll feel about having leaves in my soap, but I liked the sample so much I'll have to buy a bar.
Ingredients: Fig Decoction (Ficus carica), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Linalool

I received a little sample slice of this in my first LUSH order. I sniffed it and was pretty underwhelmed so it sat on a shelf in my bathroom for over a month. I realized the other day that my body was in serious need of some exfoliation, so I pulled this ugly little thing out of its plastic wrapper and hopped in the shower. I kept HIWTK nearby in case I ended up hating Figs and Leaves, but I loved it. The seeds were so scrubby, but not painfully so. And shock of all shocks, this was actually moisturizing as well (so many reviews for LUSH soaps claim that they are moisturizing and I have NOT found that to be the case, wonderfully smelly as they may be). My skin felt like buttah when I got out and I only needed a dab of lotion on my elbows, knees, and feet--everything else was like silk! I will definitely be purchasing a big ol' ugly block of this in my next LUSH order.

i love this soap! and only stumbled upon it recently. It actually moisturisers and exfoliates (with the fig thingys) in one. It smells divine and is great value for money, will buy again and again!!