August 20, 2014 | 1940 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by harrup

For me its simply the best shampoo that I have ever used...and I have used it for YEARS and years and years and..... Nothing comes remotely close be that on super high end ( e.g Kerastase shampoos) or any of the cheap n'cheerful products. It cleans my hair gently and effectively without drying it out or weighing it down, the scent is unobtrusive, the price is fair ( and please bear in mind that I have to import it from the US as they discontinued it in the UK many years ago for some unfortunate and peculiar reason) and that is really all I ask from my shampoo. I use it almost exclusively - HUGE rave from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by engel1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo is horrible, the worst I have tried. It turned my hair into one big clumpy knot. I can't even explain it. My hair felt like it was all melted together in one huge knot. I couldn't comb through this mess. And I used a very moisturizing good quality conditioner afterwards. I air dried my hair and got most of the clumps out but some of the knots I had to cut out there was no other way. I am so mad. This stuff literally destroys your hair. Oh, and after my hair was dry I looked like I got hit by lightening. My hair was all static and stuck out in this crazy way in all directions. This stuff also smells horrible. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by AmandaGriffin

i wasn't able to repurchase pureology purify after running out due to the price so i picked this up. i use it once a week and it keeps my scalp from being heavy with the millions of hair products i use. i am not crazy about the smell but the quality is wonderful for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a really oily scalp but my hair is dry like no other. I was hoping the clarifying shampoo would help me by controlling the oil but it did the exact opposite. It make my hair even drier- which I didn't think it was possible- and the oil was still there!

The smell is obnoxious, it doesn't smell nice at all; if anything, it smells like toilet bowl cleaner.

I was really disappointed by this shampoo. To put it out there, I hate almost every body product that neutrogena has to offer. Their face products are great but the body products are the only downfalls.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This does what it claims to do, but there's nothing special about the ingredients, therefore I find this shampoo to be way overpriced. Suave clarifying does the same job for a fraction of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

The best clarifying shampoo in my opinion. I have thick oily hair, and this doesn't dry out my hair or irritated my scalp one bit. I've used other clarifying shampoos like Pantene(irritated my scalp), Herbal Essence(irritated my scalp like no other and is the worst), and Kenra(dried out my hair). The smell of this shampoo is very similar to Aveda's Shampure Shampoo and Conditioner a very powerful smell that lingers but I don't mind it at all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sandwichgirl

I use this about once a week to clean up all the residue shampoos and conditioners leave on my hair. I love the scent and I won't buy any other clarifying shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by penguin10

The shampoo inside is clear, not yellow like the picture above. It does smell like a very, very clean public restroom like another reviewer said. It does smell a very tad bit masculine but I would have not thought that if I hadn't read the other reviews. I used my roommate's Biosilk conditioner afterward (usually use Pantene shampoo, no conditioner) to counteract its drying effects. Biosilk is also strong smelling but I could still smell it after that. It smells coconuty the next day. It makes my shampoo/occasional conditioning much more effective. I kind of want to put more products in my hair just to use this shampoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Stinky like chemicals, but effective. I don't want to know what this would smell like without the "parfum" because it stinks enough as it is. I use this every once in a while when my hair starts feeling filmy. I use Pantene Pro-V shampoo and conditioner 99% of the time and while I love how it makes my hair look and feel, after several months of use, it never feels clean and begins to feel greasy quickly. This is a great residue removing shampoo, though I find my hair feels a bit dry/not soft after using it. I generally wash with this at night and during a day where I have nothing planned so I don't have to try and style my hair, as the smell lingers until the next washing without it.

This works well; give it a try if you have lots of product residue in your hair. It could work really well for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by da8mui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I saw alot of good reviews about this shampoo to give it a try! And after only a first use last night..I'M ALREADY LOVING IT!!! A while ago, my hair started to not behave like it used to be. Ive tried tons of shampoo but no matter what i use or how many times i wash my hair, it always left me with a really gross-looking white, greyish film near my roots( i have black hair so its quite noticeble) so i had to wear a ponytail all the time but after using this my hair is clean again,SOOOO shiny and feels so light! i'm really glad i discovered it and its definitely a keeper!