November 24, 2014 | 1686 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by TrueSugar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product stripped my hair so bad that it caused my hair to matte up!!!! Will not buy again. I have very kinky hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by aDUCK036

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gets the job done, but smells absolutely horrible. Like mosquito spray in the summer. All I have to say is make SURE you have a heavenly smelling conditioner on hand after washing your hair with this - you'll need it. The scent alone will keep me from repurchasing. That and, honestly, I'm sure there's something better out there. Maybe it was better before it was reformulated? What a shame. For now though, it works fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't care - I love this stuff!!! I use this once a week as directed. I have dry, curly hair that demands a lot of styling product on a daily basis - especially in the summer. I typically use two different kinds of serum in my hair, one while it's wet and one after it's dry, and the buildup can really get bad. I also work out almost every day & so even though I'd like to skip a day, I really can't get away with it all the time. This stuff gets rid of the week's worth of gunk and gunge assaulting my hair and doesn't leave it dry and straw-like, as long as I use a decent conditioner afterward. My mom used to buy this stuff by the truckload so she always had a bottle in her bathroom, and I still think it smells amazing, but maybe it just reminds me of her.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by maebytonight

Terrible product. My boyfriend insists on using it because he thinks it gets rid of all the hair product in his hair (that might be the case, but it's murderously drying and stripping on my hair). I've used it simply because he has it in the shower. Old formula or new formula, the stuff is terrible! My oily hair ends up looking like an oil slick at the end of the day when I use this stuff. It totally strips my hair down and it freaks out with oil overproduction! Yuckkk!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

Wow! Neutrogena.....way to go.....way to ruin a perfectly great shampoo by replacing the ALS with SLES. Thumbs down. Obviously, I won't be repurchasing. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by emg615

I have an oily scalp but my hair is very dry at the ends. I go to the gym every morning before work therefore I wash my hair every day and use styling products... My hair was looking so oily by the end of the week until this magic shampoo came along. I use it once a week and it feels like it's taken out all the toxins from the previous week. I love this product, I love the price and I'll keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by JesssicaDenise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is truly the BEST, I use it once a week to remove any product that has been in my hair. I personally wash my hair every other day, and I use a bunch of products and when i use this shampoo it gets rid of all the hairspray, leave-in conditioner, heat protection, and anything else i use, after i get out of the shower my hair feels healthy and light and truly cared for. i find its best used once a week, since it strips your hair, and makes it feel extra dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ktk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reformulated! Why? If it ain't broke, why fix it? The new formula does nothing for my hair. I had used the original formula for 20 years. It smells the same, looks the same- but it is not the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by harrup

For me its simply the best shampoo that I have ever used...and I have used it for YEARS and years and years and..... Nothing comes remotely close be that on super high end ( e.g Kerastase shampoos) or any of the cheap n'cheerful products. It cleans my hair gently and effectively without drying it out or weighing it down, the scent is unobtrusive, the price is fair ( and please bear in mind that I have to import it from the US as they discontinued it in the UK many years ago for some unfortunate and peculiar reason) and that is really all I ask from my shampoo. I use it almost exclusively - HUGE rave from me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by engel1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo is horrible, the worst I have tried. It turned my hair into one big clumpy knot. I can't even explain it. My hair felt like it was all melted together in one huge knot. I couldn't comb through this mess. And I used a very moisturizing good quality conditioner afterwards. I air dried my hair and got most of the clumps out but some of the knots I had to cut out there was no other way. I am so mad. This stuff literally destroys your hair. Oh, and after my hair was dry I looked like I got hit by lightening. My hair was all static and stuck out in this crazy way in all directions. This stuff also smells horrible. Never again.