September 19, 2014 | 1832 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I was rec'd this by a few stylists over time because I have well water which causes mineral build up in my hair. I never bought it because it is pricey and I thought a regular drugstore clarifying shampoo would work just as well. I used the Neutrogena clarifying one on/off for years and was always dissappointed of how dry it left my hair. I moved on to try a few other drugstore ones only to get the same results. I caved in recently and bought this at my salon. Boy, what a difference. For a skinny anorexic bottle, it is pricey. I use this every 4th wash. This really cleans up things and doesn't strip the hair. However, this isn't a moisturizing shampoo so you do need conditioner after it. This does a wonderful job lifting the minerals and styling build up and leaves my thick hair is light and fluffy. Also, this shampoo is very concentrated so a little goes a long way. I use about a nickle size amount for my shoulder length hair. Work some water into the hair and the shampoo expands nicely. Also, this rinses out very well and fast.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this once a week and find it does an excellent job of cleaning my hair of product. I did find that it left my hair feel dry, but that's nothing a good conditioner can't fix

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ubiquitous8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a reasonalbe weekly cleansing shampoo for people who use a lot of other products. Hair feels fluffy yet silky, not fuzzy, after use, however I still have problems with buildup on scalp which Redken has not solved. Has a fresh, light mandarin scent and lathers exceptionally- good value for price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I had to try this because of all the good reviews on MUA. And I have to say, I'm very impressed! This made my hair feel very clean! It does make your hair feel dry as you are rinsing it out but nothing that a good conditioner cannot take care of. I do like the smell. It's a light, citrusy scent. I plan on using this once a week and will continue to buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another hair product that is amazing for a lot of girls, but not for me. Guess my hair is just too thin and flat to notice any difference. For me, this was a lot of money for no results. Think I really don't need products like this. Have it up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkieswear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think most clarifying shampoos strip your hair of everything! Depending on whether you use tons of product or not, that can be a good thing. However I only use a smoothing serum and the occasional shot of hairspray so I didnt need anything heavey duty, but I wanted to do an at-home deep conditioning treatment and knew doing a deep cleansing right before gives you the best results.
I really love the lather of this, and especially the scent! It didnt dry my hair, but gave me loads of volume!
I ended up sticking with this and using it about once a week. It cleanses so well without stripping your hair of its awesomeness. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by neonlace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product after reading these reviews. I used it last night and liked it a lot. It did make my hair feel sorta dry after I rinsed it out, but after blow drying it, i realized it really really really cleaned my hair. My hair felt really soft and clean and smooth. It seemed to have more body too and swung freely. I guess I must have had a lot of product buildup around my roots because they were clean and lifted from using the shampoo. I now am definitely going to alternate this shampoo into my cleansing regimen and will definitely recommend it to anyone I know of that wants to clean product out of their hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW this stuff is amazing. My hair is currently in terrible shape-damaged, split ends, but still greasy and limp if it is not adequately washed. I read the reviews for this deep cleaning shampoo here, and had to get it even if it is on the pricy side. It smells wonderful, clean and citrusy, lathers well, and is easy to wash out. Full disclosure: I did use all soft deep conditioner after this, but I could still tell that my hair was not too tangled between shampooing and conditioning. My hair was shiny, bouncy, and soft after drying. Will use this again as my weekly deep cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I am surprised I have not reviewed this fantastic product from Redken- easily one of their best products! I have been loyally repurchasing this product since 2006- when my hair became very weighed down by terrible product build up. I had tried sever clarifying shampoo's from the drugstore (such as Pantene and Clarol) none of which cured the problem. It was not until I brought up the problem to a retired hairdresser I knew that she recommended Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. She actually went and bought it for me that same day because she herself loved it so much. After first use- I knew it was an HG product!

It gets rid of product build up efficiently and without fail. It leaves hair feeling soft and manageable. It smells fresh and clean. Plus, it is always dependable. This is a product staple in my bathroom. One of the few products I own that truly has no cons. A definite must have for once a week use!

Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by libertyjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely greasy hair, and oily skin. I have to shower daily to keep my hair looking clean. I found this shampoo to really help bring a shine to my hair, that wasn't grease. I would highly recommend this for anyone with greasy hair. I don't know how gentle it would be on anyone with more brittle hair, if you don't have as much natural grease. My hairdresser even recommended using it every other day for the greasy hair. It really works for me!