April 21, 2014 | 1028 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another hair product that is amazing for a lot of girls, but not for me. Guess my hair is just too thin and flat to notice any difference. For me, this was a lot of money for no results. Think I really don't need products like this. Have it up for swap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkieswear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think most clarifying shampoos strip your hair of everything! Depending on whether you use tons of product or not, that can be a good thing. However I only use a smoothing serum and the occasional shot of hairspray so I didnt need anything heavey duty, but I wanted to do an at-home deep conditioning treatment and knew doing a deep cleansing right before gives you the best results.
I really love the lather of this, and especially the scent! It didnt dry my hair, but gave me loads of volume!
I ended up sticking with this and using it about once a week. It cleanses so well without stripping your hair of its awesomeness. Try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by neonlace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product after reading these reviews. I used it last night and liked it a lot. It did make my hair feel sorta dry after I rinsed it out, but after blow drying it, i realized it really really really cleaned my hair. My hair felt really soft and clean and smooth. It seemed to have more body too and swung freely. I guess I must have had a lot of product buildup around my roots because they were clean and lifted from using the shampoo. I now am definitely going to alternate this shampoo into my cleansing regimen and will definitely recommend it to anyone I know of that wants to clean product out of their hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW this stuff is amazing. My hair is currently in terrible shape-damaged, split ends, but still greasy and limp if it is not adequately washed. I read the reviews for this deep cleaning shampoo here, and had to get it even if it is on the pricy side. It smells wonderful, clean and citrusy, lathers well, and is easy to wash out. Full disclosure: I did use all soft deep conditioner after this, but I could still tell that my hair was not too tangled between shampooing and conditioning. My hair was shiny, bouncy, and soft after drying. Will use this again as my weekly deep cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

I am surprised I have not reviewed this fantastic product from Redken- easily one of their best products! I have been loyally repurchasing this product since 2006- when my hair became very weighed down by terrible product build up. I had tried sever clarifying shampoo's from the drugstore (such as Pantene and Clarol) none of which cured the problem. It was not until I brought up the problem to a retired hairdresser I knew that she recommended Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. She actually went and bought it for me that same day because she herself loved it so much. After first use- I knew it was an HG product!

It gets rid of product build up efficiently and without fail. It leaves hair feeling soft and manageable. It smells fresh and clean. Plus, it is always dependable. This is a product staple in my bathroom. One of the few products I own that truly has no cons. A definite must have for once a week use!

Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by libertyjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely greasy hair, and oily skin. I have to shower daily to keep my hair looking clean. I found this shampoo to really help bring a shine to my hair, that wasn't grease. I would highly recommend this for anyone with greasy hair. I don't know how gentle it would be on anyone with more brittle hair, if you don't have as much natural grease. My hairdresser even recommended using it every other day for the greasy hair. It really works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG!! I JUST tried this and I just HAD to write a review on it! I've been using tons of product on my hair this past summer, and my hair has been looking really dull, lifeless, etc. recently, and I saw the raves for this cleanser, so I decided to go to my salon and purchase a bottle. I raced home and used it, followed by my Dumb Blonde Reconstructor and my All Soft Heavy Cream, and my hair has never been bouncier! It's like a giant weight has been lifted off each hair strand, and I am extremely pleased with this product. The price was reasonable, considering I'll only be using it every 2 weeks. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.
HG <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mandyja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so amazed by this shampoo. I have had so much build up on my scalp for months which led to a ton of flakes which I thought was dandruff. After using many dandruff shampoos with no success I lost hope. I thought something was wrong with my scalp . I tried this because my stylist suggested it. I had so much build up which resulted in an oily, flaky scalp and was even shedding a ton of hair.

After one use of Redken cleansing cream-my hair felt so bouncy, fresh and clean because it removed a lot of the buildup My hair did not feel stripped or dry it felt very soft but not greasy. I had no idea that there was so much weighing my hair down and it has been years since my hair felt so..normal! It was crying out to get rid of the "gunk".

This shampoo uses fruit acids and has a someone fruit-y citrus smell.

I would definitely buy this again. A little goes a long way.

Good luck!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another winner from MUA and Redken!

I use this shampoo once a week to clarify and I have to say, it's fantastic for my fine, color-treated hair. It's safe on my color and leaves it extremely shiny, bouncy and hydrated - it almost feels like I have a new head of baby hair.

Ulta has some great sales, about two weeks ago, the liter was on sale for $9.99, last week it was up to $13.99 - but a liter will last forever if you only use it once a week.

A steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First of all: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream (like many other if not all Redken Shampoos) does NOT contain SLS/Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. I think some reviewers get SLS/SLES mixed up. Redken Hair Cleansing Cream has Sodium Laureth Sulfate which has a totally different chemical structure than SLS and is a gentle yet effective detergent. And I would consider this shampoo being gentle yet effective. I have dry, sensitized, slightly damaged coloured hair and although I don't use a lot of hair styling products or other hair products containing silicones I still feel my hair is in need of some clarifying once a month to remove any build-up. Most clarifying shampoos are either drying, irritating and/or not colour-safe. Not Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I use it once, maybe twice a month if doing a protein treatment. I follow with either Redken All Soft Conditioner or Kerastase Masqintense for Fine Hair. Clean smell, huge bottle, fair price. A staple!

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No