November 29, 2014 | 1413 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG material! If your hair is not in top conditions and you do not have time to wash it, this is the perfect remedy. Shake the bottle, spray on the hair, leave it on for 2 minutes, brush your hair and voila, perfection!
It does not have any nasty smell and does not leave any sticky or white residue (I had the James Brown dry shampoo and it smelled so badly I threw it away, also it left a white residue even after several attempts to brush it away!). It is affordable (less than £10) and you need very little product. A life saviour, especially if you have a fringe! I reviewed the product with the green lid - it is the one for the "oily" hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenPrescriptives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG!!!! I LOVE this stuff!!!! HG
Saves me time, saves me money. Does what it is supposed to do.
Running late for work? Slept in? Need a quick touch up? Klorane is your handy quick fix.
Sometimes if I know I have a long day away from home ahead of me I spray a little bit onto my part and my fringe to prevent oiliness by the end of the day.
I am oily and this product extends my time between washes from 1-2 days to 3-4. Saves my hair from more blowdrying and straightening, reduces the amount of shampoo and conditioner I use, not to mention water as I save time in the shower if I don't have to wash my hair every day.
The packaging is OK, wish it came in a smaller travel size and a bulk size for the bathroom though.
It's a bit cheaper in Australia lately, can get it for around $11 at priceline.
Will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Bronz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Definitely one of the best dry-shampoos i have tried.

What i DO LIKE about it:
*It comes out dry! unlike others i have tried that had moisture come out as well as the powder (i'm guessing its alcohol - The 'Toni & Guy' brand is the worst for this) as moisture is flat-ironed-hair's worst enemy!!!.
*It is not not drying on the scalp (for example 'Batiste' dry-shampoo gave me dandruff which was a bummer coz it's a lot cheaper!)

What i DON'T LIKE about it:
*THE PRICE! I remember when i first started buying this a few years ago and i was paying about $10 (Australian) per 150ml bottle.
Now in Price Attack they are charging $16.30 and for such a small bottle i find it really expensive. Some big 'chemist warehouses' are charging $12 but i unfortunately don't live near any of these and if you buy it from their websites the postage bring it to $19... so annoying!

So when i see it on special i buy up! :)
*The can is way too small!!! - 150ml? I go through it way to quickly - they need to make a larger can.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by sophaloph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this stuff, really takes out the oil and saves me another day of washing my hair because get so lazy. however i only get maybe 5 different occacians at using this, then all finished!! very frustrating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Extract. There's also a version with nettle extract, intended for oilier hair.

Brilliant stuff. Does what it says on the can. Gives you another day's grace before having to wash your hair: useful if you're in a hurry, and allowing you to run late without disasters.

I'm not using this as a regular thing--maybe one day a week on average, sometimes too. I usually wash my hair every other day, sometimes every three days if I put it up in between. It's normal to dry, long, fine, dense, slightly wavy, untreated. My usual shampoo is Klorane's oat milk one, sometimes mixed with a little Everyday Shea body wash (don't ask or laugh, the stuff works). Plus conditioner after.

How to use: shake can, spray on hair--concentrating on the oilier parts, ex. upper scalp--then leave to settle for a good 2 minutes. Then shake your hair around a bit, then brush out. I do this over a bin or the toilet, so as not to have too much detritus going everywhere. Though you don't actually end up with flakes and so on all over the floor, not to worry ... I found leaving it on accidentally for 5 minutes was fine, and good for multi-tasking while I dealt with coffee needing to be plunged and toast popping up.

Doesn't smell of much. Hair afterwards is indeed cleaner. Weird. Magic.

More expensive than Batiste (whose smell I loathe), less than the Ojon etc. versions (though they're lovely too): CAD10.00-12.00 for a can, i the region of USD 14.00-20.00. Cruelty-free (and in the case of this shampoo I think vegan?), like other Klorane products and like all the Pierre Fabre group brands (Avène, A-Derma, Ducray, Galénic, Furterer). Widely available in pharmacies & supermarkets in France, in pharmacies elsewhere in Europe, Canada (SDM & LD), some online US stores (ex. drugstore.com).

INGREDIENTS: Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa(Rice), Starch(Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C(Alcohol Denat), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa(Oat), Kernel Oil(Avena Sativa), CYclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, fragance(Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate Slicia. continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This is a necessary product for those with bangs. It gives bangs volume and reduces the oiliness that may occur in second day hair. The smell is not offensive but it could smell nicer! It's a little pricier but I prefer it better than batiste for I feel that it has slightly longer lasting power and the smell is more bearable. Tried samples of Oscar blandi and ojon and klorane is much more effective. I got the green lid one for Greasy hair

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product, it's so easy to use. I don't even have to use that much, and it's easier to control than the Oscar Blandi Dry Powder. You can take this product to go and really touch up on those mornings where you can't wash your hair or don't want to.

It doesn't have a fragrance, which is a good thing, but not always great. It sucks up all the oil for me, but my hair doesn't get superbly greasy, just moderately, compared to what I've seen. I got it for around $17-18 CAD @ Shoppers Drug Mart. It does routinely go on sale for like 10-12 dollars, so get it then. But I think it's definitely worth the investment. I will edit to post how long this can lasts me.

I recommend this product 100%, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an outstanding product and may be the best dry shampoo out there. I have fine, curly hair. I think my hair/scalp is finally getting used to not being washed everyday. As a matter of fact, when my hair is super clean, it doesn't style as well. This stuff is excellent. Makes my hair feel soft with volume and definitely takes the oily look away. I spray all over, wait a bit and then brush it out. Of all the dry shampoos I've tried, this one smells the best...not perfumey just fresh and clean. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SamWood

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! Where would I be without this stuff? I tend not to wash my hair more than once or twice a week which is recommended(my mom is a hairdresser) so in between it gets little greasy and unpleasant to touch! But when I spray this stuff in my hair it feels clean and fluffy again! Its magical if you ask me! I've tried using baby power and the Tresseme version(which sucks horribly) and nothing compares even close to this stuff! It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for I guess!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

I love this product in a pinch. It really makes my hair feel clean and look good. I don't wash my hair everyday but I workout regularly and so this helps to balance things out. I spray a little on my scalp, wait a minute or two run my fingers through it and my tresses are instantly improved. I like that this is a spray too. I tried O Blandi's powder dry poo and it wasn't horrible, but it sat on the scalp more and the product was harder to control.

Very nice.