Klorane Dry shampoo

4.2

Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa(Rice), Starch(Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C(Alcohol Denat), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa(Oat), Kernel Oil(Avena Sativa), CYclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, fragance(Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate Slicia.

on 7/19/2011 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Product - Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (Non-Aerosal Spray: 50 g)
* Experience - This was the first time I've ever used a dry shampoo and I'm very impressed. My hair is very thick and dark and it also gets very oily after a day or two if I use a lot of styling products in it (i.e., hair spray, gloss drops, etc.) I was afraid that a dry shampoo would not work for me but it works very well. No ugly white residue after you brush and no scent either. It also lifts my hair to give it nice body and volume for that unmistakeable *va-va-va-voom* like I've just stepped out of the salon!
* Non-Aerosol Spray - I purchased for the non-aerosol version because I need something that is light and travels well (and it's priced the same). All you have to do is shake the bottle, turn the cap to where you see the nozzle and gently squeeze the plastic bottle to distribute product. The product is distributed in small 'puffs'. No waste, no worry.
* Verdict - My HG dry shampoo and it's only about 10 at pharmacies.

on 6/4/2011 5:07:00 PM

Ditto to all the good reviews below. I really cannot elaborate on what is already said. It does its work efficiently and leaves my fine hair volumized. Surpasses some of the more expensive dry shampoos.

on 5/6/2011 3:03:00 AM

Klorane is my preferred drugstore dry shampoo (Ojon remains my favourite, overall). It lifts my hair, adds beautiful body and texture, and keeps oiliness at bay for days at a time. I tip my head over to each side, spray my roots, let it set, and then brush my hair thoroughly with a paddle brush. I know people who like to spray their whole head but, in my opinion and experience, this is excessive and a waste of product...spraying the roots on each side and distributing with a brush, comb or hands is totally sufficient. When the time comes to wash it out, my hair comes clean easily and no residue is left behind. In my opinion, Klorane steamrolls Batiste, TIGI Rockaholic, and even Oscar Blandi's dry shampoos. The newer extra-gentle formula is an even bigger plus. Will continue to repurchase and recommend.

As a previous reviewer said, "it gets rid of excess oil and gives my flat hair a nice little boost". I have oily hair that I used to wash daily but I can go for a week between washes with Klorane, and the hair looks great as the oil and the shampoo give it extra volume!

on 4/17/2011 4:41:00 PM

Can a spray dry shampoo actually add volume to my fine-haired, limp second-day locks? I am happy to say it surpassed my expectations. Not only did it spray on dry as per the product claims, but it zapped the oil out of my roots AND added some volume. Just enough volume and shine added back so I could go another day or two without washing. I really prefer this dry shampoo to the Oscar Blandi one, which is great at absorbing oil but does not improve the look of hair's volume to the extent the Klorane one does. The Klorane dry shampoo leaves my hair looking "fresh", plus you're not dealing with the white powder that can leave a slightly grayish cast on blonde hair, as I've experienced with the Blandi shampoo. This is the one I'll be sticking with from now on.

on 4/16/2011 2:09:00 PM

this is my favourite dry shampoo, it gets rid of excess oil and gives my flat hair a nice little boost. it smells fresh rather than other dry shampoos that have an offensive scent. i have extremely oily hair that needs to be washed daily but i can go 2-3 days between washes with this dry shampoo. it's in a aerosal can which is easy and convenient to use. this product is a little on the expensive side but i think it's worth it for the product.

on 4/13/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have super oily hair and skin and this is the first time am using a dry shampoo. Overall rating i give this a 5 because It does exactly what it says gets rid of oil !!!!!

I liked the fact that its white residue thingy easily blends into the hair ( not like baby powder that makes you look grey) the smell is nice and it actually added some volume to my hair and its a great quick fix when in a hurry.

I actually noticed that when i use this my skin is not so oily in the day

on 4/12/2011 6:41:00 PM

Okay, I just tried this product so I am going to be moderate and not give it a 5 right away. But it seems great so far. I was having a yuck hair day and I heard Klorane was the best dry shampoo. I went to the mall on my lunch break, bought a bottle of this (the non-aerosol) and tried it. I went from yucky oily looking hair to fresh clean looking hair. I have used some other aerosol types before but this had the best results I've seen. Plus with the aerosol cans, even Rene Furterer, you get like just a few uses - so it does not go to far. I am hoping this bottle will last me awhile! Especially since I made the mistake of buying it at a small beauty shop where it sells for $4 more than at Sephora! :(

on 3/2/2011 7:22:00 AM

This dry shampoo is very good at what it's meant to do; it soaks up your natural hair oils, does not make your scalp itchy, does not leave an overwhelming amount of white powder and does not smell bad.

However, I've bought this about 5 times and 2 of those times, the contents of the can mysteriously evaporated after just one use. I was so mad!

So, hopefully this doesn't happen to you because these cans aren't cheap.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a review for the non-aerosol version of this dry shampoo.
I've found that with every aerosol can I've tried (including Oscar Blandi, Rene Furterer, Batiste and Klorane), the product itself is great but the contents evaporate after 2-3 uses MAX.
The problem with the pour on types is that I always get too much product in one area and I end up looking like I have severe dandruff, because its not easy to rub off!

This non-aerosol option is the best of both worlds. You squeeze the bottle to get the product to 'spray' out like you would an aerosol version, but the plastic bottle ensures it won't evaporate.
For the most part you don't get globs of it everywhere, and it sprays out lightly.
So packaging wise, this product is GREAT. It's lasted me almost a year now.

Now for the product itself. For the record, I have lots of very fine hair. I tried washing every other day to get my scalp used to it, as I thought it would help with oil production. Not the case. It didn't help at all. My scalp gets greasy VERY fast (as in, if I wash in the morning, I will look like I need a shower by that night - and I DON'T use any product most days). This dry shampoo has been a god send. I'm not nearly active enough to justify two showers a day, not to mention I don't have the time to go through the wash + dry + style process twice. This helps extend my style until my next shower with minimal effort. I have black hair and 99% of the time you can't see the product in my hair (once in a while I overspray so it's a little more visible).

I don't remember what it costs because I bought it so long ago but it is definitely worth whatever price it is! It's easy to use, makes me look like I showered (and I did!), and it adds volume. If you have a problem with greasy scalp like I do, TRY IT!

Some tips for use:
-after you spray it in, let it sit there for about a minute and then shake it out (I use my fingers). Some of it will have absorbed in the mean time and the rest will be much easier to get rid of than if you shake it right away.
-if you know your scalp tends to get greasy and you know you'll need to use it say, tomorrow morning, use it the night before instead. If I use it in anticipation of a greasy scalp rather than once my scalp is already greasy, it works MUCH better and it lasts much longer (this way I've gone a few days without washing my hair, vs. if I use it when I'm already greasy, I will either have to wash my hair the next day or use more product).

VERY highly recommended!