September 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for Klorane Extra Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Extract. There's also a version with nettle extract, intended for oilier hair.

Brilliant stuff. Does what it says on the can. Gives you another day's grace before having to wash your hair: useful if you're in a hurry, and allowing you to run late without disasters.

I'm not using this as a regular thing--maybe one day a week on average, sometimes too. I usually wash my hair every other day, sometimes every three days if I put it up in between. It's normal to dry, long, fine, dense, slightly wavy, untreated. My usual shampoo is Klorane's oat milk one, sometimes mixed with a little Everyday Shea body wash (don't ask or laugh, the stuff works). Plus conditioner after.

How to use: shake can, spray on hair--concentrating on the oilier parts, ex. upper scalp--then leave to settle for a good 2 minutes. Then shake your hair around a bit, then brush out. I do this over a bin or the toilet, so as not to have too much detritus going everywhere. Though you don't actually end up with flakes and so on all over the floor, not to worry ... I found leaving it on accidentally for 5 minutes was fine, and good for multi-tasking while I dealt with coffee needing to be plunged and toast popping up.

Doesn't smell of much. Hair afterwards is indeed cleaner. Weird. Magic.

More expensive than Batiste (whose smell I loathe), less than the Ojon etc. versions (though they're lovely too): CAD10.00-12.00 for a can, i the region of USD 14.00-20.00. Cruelty-free (and in the case of this shampoo I think vegan?), like other Klorane products and like all the Pierre Fabre group brands (AvŤne, A-Derma, Ducray, Galťnic, Furterer). Widely available in pharmacies & supermarkets in France, in pharmacies elsewhere in Europe, Canada (SDM & LD), some online US stores (ex. drugstore.com).

INGREDIENTS: Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa(Rice), Starch(Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C(Alcohol Denat), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa(Oat), Kernel Oil(Avena Sativa), CYclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, fragance(Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate Slicia. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

This is a necessary product for those with bangs. It gives bangs volume and reduces the oiliness that may occur in second day hair. The smell is not offensive but it could smell nicer! It's a little pricier but I prefer it better than batiste for I feel that it has slightly longer lasting power and the smell is more bearable. Tried samples of Oscar blandi and ojon and klorane is much more effective. I got the green lid one for Greasy hair

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this product, it's so easy to use. I don't even have to use that much, and it's easier to control than the Oscar Blandi Dry Powder. You can take this product to go and really touch up on those mornings where you can't wash your hair or don't want to.

It doesn't have a fragrance, which is a good thing, but not always great. It sucks up all the oil for me, but my hair doesn't get superbly greasy, just moderately, compared to what I've seen. I got it for around $17-18 CAD @ Shoppers Drug Mart. It does routinely go on sale for like 10-12 dollars, so get it then. But I think it's definitely worth the investment. I will edit to post how long this can lasts me.

I recommend this product 100%, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an outstanding product and may be the best dry shampoo out there. I have fine, curly hair. I think my hair/scalp is finally getting used to not being washed everyday. As a matter of fact, when my hair is super clean, it doesn't style as well. This stuff is excellent. Makes my hair feel soft with volume and definitely takes the oily look away. I spray all over, wait a bit and then brush it out. Of all the dry shampoos I've tried, this one smells the best...not perfumey just fresh and clean. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SamWood

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! Where would I be without this stuff? I tend not to wash my hair more than once or twice a week which is recommended(my mom is a hairdresser) so in between it gets little greasy and unpleasant to touch! But when I spray this stuff in my hair it feels clean and fluffy again! Its magical if you ask me! I've tried using baby power and the Tresseme version(which sucks horribly) and nothing compares even close to this stuff! It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for I guess!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

I love this product in a pinch. It really makes my hair feel clean and look good. I don't wash my hair everyday but I workout regularly and so this helps to balance things out. I spray a little on my scalp, wait a minute or two run my fingers through it and my tresses are instantly improved. I like that this is a spray too. I tried O Blandi's powder dry poo and it wasn't horrible, but it sat on the scalp more and the product was harder to control.

Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by CellarDoor2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How do I put this...if I could marry Klorane Dry Shampoo, I would. And I would remarry it, too. I'm referring to the spray can with the green cap, for oily scalps (not the gentle one with the white cap). I have fairly-long, fine, thin and thinning hair (my hair was never on the thick side, but ever since I had started dying it 5 years ago, the hairs on my head started dropping like flies). This thinning of the hair had caused my hair to be really oily, since it would be helpless against any oil in the scalp. It is gross. I wash my hair EVERY SINGLE DAY, because if I donít wash it for a day, it looks as if I havenít washed it for a week! People with thicker hair donít have this problem, and I was almost ready to just accept my having to wash it daily (I mean, there ARE worst things out there than an oily scalp, huhÖ). Iíve been wanting to try a dry shampoo for years, and the first one I tried was the TRESemme dry shampoo (Active Naturals, or something like that). I bought it on sale for $3CAD. And I got exactly what I paid for. While that one made my hair LOOK clean and thicker, once I touched my hair, it felt like there was tons of build-up, and it definitely did not FEEL clean to the touch. I then tried the Klorane one for greasy hair, and I was so surprised to see what a difference ten dollars make: not only it made my hair LOOK cleaner, lighter, fluffier and bouncy, it actually made it FEEL all those things, too. If someone touched my hair after the TRESemme, there would be no fooling them that I hadnít washed my hair for a day, but with Klorane, this would be absolutely possible! Not only it actually does what it says, but it also gives my hair RIDICOULUS volume that I have never experienced with any normal styling products! Itís amazing. I got it on sale for $10CAD, normally it is 17. It would totally be worth it even at full price. I have read reviews that the can runs out really quickly, literally a number of uses. So far I have used it sparingly about 4 times or so, weíll see how long it will last. Sometimes I like how my hair feels with this one even more than after normal shampooing! I also have a few bottles of Batiste that I have bought but havenít tried yet, hopefully it will be better or just as good, since the Batiste one is cheaper than the Klorane. However, I seriously doubt any other dry shampoo in the same price category and I general can top this one. Love at first spray!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by hellraz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first dry shampoo I tried and it's the one I would go back and repurchase again and again. Yes, it's a little expensive for how much you get... but other folks who've said it runs out after 2 uses are either using WAY TOO MUCH or are getting cans that were used in-store. I really only use this around/underneath my part and for my fringe. Spray a little, just until it's a bit white in the target area, and then brush it out after a couple minutes. The smell is fresh and inoffensive, and the product does what it says it will. I don't get much volume out of this, but my hair looks freshly washed when I use it. The best part about this product is that, compared to other dry aerosol shampoos, it contains mostly natural ingredients. The other two dry shampoos I've tried (Psssssst! & Beyond the Zone) worked fine but listed BUTANE as one of their first ingredients. BUTANE!!! I personally won't risk spontaneous combustion for the sake of not washing my hair with water. Paying $18USD for a can of Klorane is worth it, though! I used to buy this in-store at Sephora, but my local store no longer carries it - you can buy it on sephora.com still.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tit4Tat

I have super-oily scalp that also falls in the "sweaty" category, meaning that by the end of the day my hair is limp and begins to look greasy and the following day I can't leave home with my hair down without washing it first. I have Klorane formula with nettle extract as I figured gentle oat formula won't stand a chance against the disaster my hair turns into the day after I wash it.

It was very easy to use. I flipped my hair on both sides and gave it a few spritzes each time, as well as on my crown and my bangs. There was no odour and no excess powder like you'd get if you were to use baby powder at your most desperate times. 2 minutes later, I ran a brush through my hair couple of times and voila! Clean-looking hair.

Word of advice: if you have fine hair like mine (Eastern European), try not to distribute the product all the way to your ends as they will look hay-like. What I did was hit my crown with a blow dryer set on cold blast to lift up the roots a little and then brushed through. I don't have any volume in my hair as is but it looks clean, therefore I can skip washing it today for the sake of preserving my freshly deposited hair colour.

I would definitely buy the product again because I am always on the go and this dry shampoo will definitely save me on hot humid summer days at the office.

UPDATE: it makes my scalp itchy as hell, to the point I have to claw at it, so maybe I should try the sensitive version. This gets a two lippies down for discomfort factor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Klorane gentle dry shampoo with oat milk aerosol spray. I purchased this at sephora for $18.
My first experience with dry shampoo was not good (tresemme dry shampoo). So I was apprehensive of trying this one. Well it was a totally different experience.
My hair is fine textured and my roots tend to get oily by the end of the day so I usually have to wash my hair daily. With this I am able to go 1-2 extra days without having to wash my hair. That is amazing to me. I have color treated hair so this extends the life of the color and also keeps the ends from drying out too much.
The I lightly spray my roots in sections, wait about 2 min forthe powder to absorb the oils, then shake out. The result? Light fluffy roots that are soft and full of volume! So all I have to do is curl my ends a little and I'm ready to go!
The powder is white but shakes out pretty easy and is not visible in my auburn hair.
Other reviewers have stated this runs out after just a couple uses however in my experience so far i've used it about 12 times and it does not show signs of running out yet.
It is a little on the pricey side at $18 for 3.2 oz of product but it works so well for me I don't mind it.
This is a definite repurchase for me.