July 30, 2014 | 1880 users online

Dry Shampoo - Klorane - Dry shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by hellraz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first dry shampoo I tried and it's the one I would go back and repurchase again and again. Yes, it's a little expensive for how much you get... but other folks who've said it runs out after 2 uses are either using WAY TOO MUCH or are getting cans that were used in-store. I really only use this around/underneath my part and for my fringe. Spray a little, just until it's a bit white in the target area, and then brush it out after a couple minutes. The smell is fresh and inoffensive, and the product does what it says it will. I don't get much volume out of this, but my hair looks freshly washed when I use it. The best part about this product is that, compared to other dry aerosol shampoos, it contains mostly natural ingredients. The other two dry shampoos I've tried (Psssssst! & Beyond the Zone) worked fine but listed BUTANE as one of their first ingredients. BUTANE!!! I personally won't risk spontaneous combustion for the sake of not washing my hair with water. Paying $18USD for a can of Klorane is worth it, though! I used to buy this in-store at Sephora, but my local store no longer carries it - you can buy it on sephora.com still.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tit4Tat

I have super-oily scalp that also falls in the "sweaty" category, meaning that by the end of the day my hair is limp and begins to look greasy and the following day I can't leave home with my hair down without washing it first. I have Klorane formula with nettle extract as I figured gentle oat formula won't stand a chance against the disaster my hair turns into the day after I wash it.

It was very easy to use. I flipped my hair on both sides and gave it a few spritzes each time, as well as on my crown and my bangs. There was no odour and no excess powder like you'd get if you were to use baby powder at your most desperate times. 2 minutes later, I ran a brush through my hair couple of times and voila! Clean-looking hair.

Word of advice: if you have fine hair like mine (Eastern European), try not to distribute the product all the way to your ends as they will look hay-like. What I did was hit my crown with a blow dryer set on cold blast to lift up the roots a little and then brushed through. I don't have any volume in my hair as is but it looks clean, therefore I can skip washing it today for the sake of preserving my freshly deposited hair colour.

I would definitely buy the product again because I am always on the go and this dry shampoo will definitely save me on hot humid summer days at the office.

UPDATE: it makes my scalp itchy as hell, to the point I have to claw at it, so maybe I should try the sensitive version. This gets a two lippies down for discomfort factor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Klorane gentle dry shampoo with oat milk aerosol spray. I purchased this at sephora for $18.
My first experience with dry shampoo was not good (tresemme dry shampoo). So I was apprehensive of trying this one. Well it was a totally different experience.
My hair is fine textured and my roots tend to get oily by the end of the day so I usually have to wash my hair daily. With this I am able to go 1-2 extra days without having to wash my hair. That is amazing to me. I have color treated hair so this extends the life of the color and also keeps the ends from drying out too much.
The I lightly spray my roots in sections, wait about 2 min forthe powder to absorb the oils, then shake out. The result? Light fluffy roots that are soft and full of volume! So all I have to do is curl my ends a little and I'm ready to go!
The powder is white but shakes out pretty easy and is not visible in my auburn hair.
Other reviewers have stated this runs out after just a couple uses however in my experience so far i've used it about 12 times and it does not show signs of running out yet.
It is a little on the pricey side at $18 for 3.2 oz of product but it works so well for me I don't mind it.
This is a definite repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ugh. Bought this product based on MUA reviews. I used it ONCE (a couple of sprays), and found that my hair did look less greasy, but had none of the volume I read about in reviews. The worst part: when I went to use it a second time, there was none left! You cannot tell how much is left in the can, and perhaps people at the pharmacy were helping themselves to it which is why there was hardly any left. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

It was my entry into the world of dry shampoos, and it's the best aerosol that I tried. Problem is, I have lots of long thick hair and went through the bottle really fast and felt I had to use a lot of product to get it clean, and even then it didn't feel that clean because I had to put so much in. If you have shorter hair, this might be better for you, but if you have longer hair I strongly recommend using a powder dry shampoo. Blow Faux Dry shampoo is the best powder one - it lasts longer the day you use it (sometimes I don't even need it the third day after washing) and the bottle itself is lasting me a long time (I have long, thick hair). Also, it blends into my hair and doesn't leave it looking mousy or dull.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss about this product is about. It's very expensive for what it is, and a can doesn't last me very long as I need to use a lot to see any effect. Klorane make some good products, but this is not one of them. I much prefer original Batiste, which is a fifth of the price, has a pleasanter smell, and actually works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by somethingslost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best dry shampoo. No funky smell, really takes away the oil, volumizes my fine hair and is easy to use. I have gone 3 days without washing my hair and had great looking results. My hair is color treated and fine.The only downside is that it is expensive and I go through atleast one bottle every month of the aerosol. I have tired the non-aerosol version and this one will last much longer for sure. My only gripe with it is the directions on the bottle are directly copied from aerosol (you squeeze the bottle, there isn't a pump)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the 1st dry shampoo Ive used. It does the job well as I am lazy to wash my long hair everyday. I can go up to 3 days without washing it & using this in between to control the limpness & shine.

I use this regulary & am now wondering how I ever lived without this. I just wish it was bigger or they have more product in the can as it runs out so fast & i keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A must for my fine hair that tends to get oily in between washes (every third day). This gives me massive volume and removes oil totally without any nasty smell, dryness or white streaks. I LOVE it and will never be without it. By far the best dry shampoo I've tried. VERY good product!

EDIT (9/14/2012):

I am never buying the aerosol can again. My last can lasted for ONE use, then the air leaked and left it completely useless. Seems a lot of people in here have experienced this problem. However, after a trip to the US I got hold of the non aerosol version and it lasts like a 100 times longer than the spray version. Sadly, this isn't available in Denmark, so I will hunt it down when travelling. There are many alternatives on the market, but I still find this to the be best: non-scented, effective, gentle and more natural than other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Delizzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this dry shampoo, I've used all of them and this, IMO, is far and away the best. No overpowering or cloying fragrance, no white streaks, you don't have to massage it in then brush out, just spray and brush.