Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronze Concentrate

4.5

Water/Aqua, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Beeswax/Cera Flava, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Algin, Arachis Hypogaea (Peanut) Oil, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex/CI 75810, Iron Oxides 5/29/09

on 3/1/2006 11:23:00 AM

I love this stuff! I'm not a bronzer kinda person and was wary of this, but it's so great for those who want a bit of a glow without the fear of looking orange or caking on makeup. This is meant to be mixed into moisturizer (I use Dr. H's Moisturizing Day Cream) or used minimally by itself. I found it a little difficult to blend this very liquidy bronzer onto my skin unless it's very well-moisturized or I'd get streaks and uneven coverage. But I mix a drop of this with three drops of moisturizer, kinda smoosh it around between my palms, then press the mixture onto my skin. Result is a great, natural-looking hint of color that is the perfect pick-me-up for pallid winter skin.

It's not going to make you look like a bronzed goddess (unless you already have a tan or color in your skin). What it'll do is make you look healthy and glowy, like you just got back from a quick trip to LA. Not orangey or sparkly at all. And I love the earthy, herbal scent. It also just feels 'better' for my skin than foundation or even tinted moisturizers. Packaged in a glass pump bottle that is not too problematic. Very expensive, but a little goes a long way, so it should last a good long while. Rave!

on 2/20/2006 2:10:00 PM

While the color of the bronzer may seem intimidating at first, keep in mind that it is meant to be MIXED into your moisturizer (giving you great control over how dark or light you want your bronzed glow). This is my most favorite product in the world when mixed with Haushcka's Daily Moisturizer. Unlike many other bronzers, this makes your skin glow AND heals your skin at the same time...gives you baby soft rejuvinated skin. If I could give this product a 10 out of 5 I would. The Haushcka line is my Holy Grail and I gave a pretty thorough review of the line under the Cleansing Milk review. Enjoy :)

on 2/1/2006 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is fairly simple but can be used in a variety of ways. It can be mixed in with lotion, sunscreen or foundation to add color or used directly on clean skin. The color can be layered for intensity but it can become too rusty looking if you use too heavy a hand. The dispenser tends to clog up and then you get an inevitable clump of dried up bronzer that comes out in your hand and must be discarded. I find this annoying.

on 1/30/2006 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful product! I'm currently using it as a blush and it gives me the most natural healthy glow. Using a foundation brush gives perfect application control.

on 1/22/2006 9:54:00 AM

It does look dark, but goes on in a thin veil to give a very subtly bronzing effect - more like a healthy glow than a browny tan. A little goes a long way, s it's going to last. It smells gorgeous - a bit like Aveda products.

on 1/13/2006 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

You get a lot of bronzer for your money with this product even though it may seem initially expensive. You only need to massage a few drops into your skin to achieve a healthy, bronzy glow. I found that it did not break my acne prone skin out and that the tint looked natural on my pale skin. Add to that that this product is chock full of the most natural ingredients and you are onto a winner!

on 11/27/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

UPDATE: I've been using this daily for months now and definitely HG. I not only use it on my face daily (the color is really perfect for winter skin with no tan), but I mix it with a soft shimmer lotion/body creme for my chest/collar bones to give me some color. Can't say enough good things about this stuff!

I've been looking for a gel or liquid bronzer (powders just don't work as well on my skin) to replace my Eyeko Sunshine which they've discontinued (sniff sniff). Decided to try this since I love Dr H's products. I put a tiny bit over my TM or foundation on my forehead, cheeks and nose and it gives me a perfect sunkissed color. Very translucent and natural looking with no red or orange at all. Sinks into my skin, doesn't accentuate pores and lasts all day even on my mostly oily skin. I also use this by itself over moisturizer for no-MU days and it works great for that as well. I don't even have to use blush it gives me such perfect color. My only complaint is the pump dispenses too much if you're not careful, but I can live with that.

on 11/12/2005 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you mix it with your day cream, you will get a good result: healthy, sun color (not an awful orange). When used over your daycream: sometimes blotchy and not that easy to put at each spot the same amount; it't too liquid for that.
I found the biggest problem the staying power of the bronzer. I mean: it wil stain on your clothes. It doesn't penetrate the skin, it sits just on top of it. Beware! Often i end the day with brown on the neck part from my t- shirt... I like the packeging and the healthy ingrediŽnts! (sorry for bad Enlish but i'm from Belgium)

on 10/27/2005 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I use to be in the sun all the time, but as I've gotten older (i'm approaching 30 -haha) i've been avoiding tanning my face. So this product helps me by giving me the same color as my neck and body because of slathering SPF. Smells a little funky but a lot better than other self tanners. I would def. repurchase

on 10/25/2005 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this after seeing so many reviews here.I am really glad I did. I mix it with either my sunscreen or moisturiser. You control how much colour you want on your face. It leaves a natural glow to the skin - makes you look so healthy. I love it and will continue to use it.

Popular Bronzers