December 21, 2014 | 1707 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by carville5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about one month as a light moisturizer both day and night. It can be easily applied under make-up and actually doubles as a primer.

It works well at night when I'm not looking for a heavy-duty moisturizing treatment. Otherwise, I use the Regenerist night treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by mojo_machine

After using up the entire bottle, I have to say - I'm not impressed. The serum is very thick and feels like it's just sitting on top of my skin. When I bought it, I intended to use it during the day to supply my skin with antioxidants and create a nice base under my makeup. After a few months, I stopped. It felt too heavy on my skin and I saw absolutely no improvement. So I started using it at night instead. I tapped it around my eyes as an eye cream and, when the weather got chilly, spread a thin layer on my face before applying my night moisturizer. It made no difference whatsoever. I've come to the conclusion that if I continued to use this serum, it would be just an extra, unnecessary step in my skincare routine. It also does nothing for me as a regular moisturizer or an eye cream. I will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by kelly32

At 38, I was looking for something that would help moisturize my parched skin and provide even a little anti-aging benefit without spending a fortune. Even though it is relatively pricey for a DS brand, the price, if it worked, would have been negligible. I purchased this along with the micro-sculpting cream. The first day I tried both products, I noticed some mild itching and was hoping this my skin's way of adjusting to the product. I used both products again that evening and the next morning. Shortly after putting it on the second day, my face not only started to itch horribly but I broke out in hives along my jawline. Needless, to say, it is going back to the store. This get some pretty good reviews here on MUA but does have preservatives in it. If you are someone with fairly sensitive skin (normally, I'm not!) then patch test this first! Darn, I was so hoping this would work out and I would notice some of the same affects as other users.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:37:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this moisturizer -- so soothing, great ingredients, just lovely all around.

It's FRGRANACE -FREE -- thank god -- it's still so hard in this day and age to find fragrance free products!

I use this moisturizer morning and night -- I used to use Paula's Choice moisturizing gel for normal/combination skin, but I found it wasn't quite moisturizing enough for me anymore. Plus Calgary is notoriously dryer than a desert, so that doesn't help matters -- everyone's skin in Calgary is dehydrated!

But when I switched to the Olay Serum, I did notice that my skin's hydration level improved. It's great for under the eye, but I use it all over my face. In the winter when it is super-EXTRA dry in Calgary, I usually put an extra, plain moisturizer on top for additional hydration at night.

What I also love about this serum is that my makeup goes on so smoothly. There are so many moisturizers where I've found they leave an odd film -- everything from Biotherm, L'Oreal, Lancome, etc., -- and when I apply makeup on top of a "filmy" moisturizer, it tends to flake off in clumps. Luckily, the Olay Serum soaks into the skin, just leaving a silky softness behind, and letting your foundation go on like silk. (I use M.A.C. Select Concealer in NW15 in the t-zone, and then Sonia Kashuk Sheer Magic Minerals all over in Pale Ivory.)

I HIGHLY recommend this moisturizer! I still love the Paula's Choice moisturizing gel, but I just found it too inconvenient to re-order when I kept running out --- it's nice to have a moisturizer you can buy locally when you run out!

I do still use my Paula's Choice Super Antioxidant Serum layered under or over the Olay Serum from time to time for extra night time treatment. That also works great!

The only drawback is the small size -- 50 mL -- How I wish I could just buy a giant vat of this stuff -- I'd slather it all over my body! ;)

Oh, and the price for Canadians is a bit steep -- I saw that at Target it was around $18 USD -- in Canada, it ranges from about $24 CDN on sale or at Walmart or Superstore, and when it's not on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart, their regular price is $36.99, which is INSANE. I only buy this moisturizer on sale or at cheaper stores!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by orangeade15

I am loving this stuff!!! I have normal/oily combination skin and it works great on my skin type. I use it at night underneath my moisturizer on all areas of my face except for around my eye area and my nose (I use other products on these areas.) It leaves your skin incredibly soft and smooth. It has diminished some of the redness on my cheeks that I have from roseacea and leaves my skin much more even toned. I think it would work great as a makeup primer as well but I have yet to experiment with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Basics of the product: silicone based serum that is applied to clean skin before moisturizing. The product itself goes on smoothly, feels silky to touch. I did experience some mild stinging when I used it the first couple of times, however my skin (which is very very VERY sensitive) didn't break out, so I pushed past that stage. I don't feel stinging now. I use the unscented version, which I also like, because my skin cannot tolerate fragranced products. The pump distributes the product cleanly and evenly, and enables you to get almost all of the product out (when the bottle is almost empty you have open it and shake out what's left). I can get a 3.4 oz. bottle at Costco for $27, which is a bargain if you ask me.

I did not realize how well this product worked until I STOPPED using it, and my skin texture slowly became uneven and patchy again. I finally relented and bought another bottle, and a few days later, *poof*, my skin was even and the dry patches were gone. It really does make a difference in skin texture and smoothness.

What it DOESN'T do is affect wrinkles or pore size, hence the reason I only gave it 4 lippies instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by glitteratti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this for a week, but I already see improvements in skin texture and overall appearance. I use a moisturizer under it (Olay Regenerist). I also notice that my makeup stays fresher, longer. No irritation, no breakouts, just a nice smooth feeling to my skin. This might become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this serum. It feels very nice on and if your not that dry you don't even need a moisturizer over it. Makes foundation nice and smooth application afterwards and doesn't feel heavy or oily at all. Nice antioxidants in it as well. I don't know why they have a fragrance version of this???

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

I wanted to love this serum, and for about two weeks I did. I was at the post-Accutane point where I thought nothing would break me out. Then I got this for fine lines and chronic dryness on my neck and face, and it really made my skin soft and smooth. I loved the feeling of protection it gave me from the harsh winter air and central heating. Then, two weeks in, I started getting small pimples at my hairline, followed by cysts on my cheeks, jaw, and neck. I am stopping for now to see if it's the serum or the hormones, but even if it's hormones, there's no way I'm putting silicone on my face if it's covered in zits. This stuff is great for dryish, completely acne-free skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

UPDATE: I've switched to NIA24 and love it. Getting even better results. My skin just seems to like niacinamide
ORIGINAL: I've was reading the scant research on niacinamide, and it seems to show lots of promise for improvement in fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and skin texture...all the things I'm currently fighting (dontcha just love gravity and being a sun worshipping teenager :P) I first started adding niacinamide from skinactives to Thayers Rose Witch Hazel. I saw negligable results, but enough that I wanted to try something stronger, so I added this to my morning routine since its supposed to have the highest percentage of niacinamide of the ds brands. I just finished the 1st bottle and I'm very happy with the results. My skin tone has really improved. Freckles, sunspots, and dark patches have really faded noticeably, especially on my neck where the sun damage is extensive and my skin is very mottled...or at least it used to be very mottled. Now its just sorta blotchy and seems to be improving all the time. The broken capillaries around my nose have almost completely disappeared and my skin just seems to be generally brighter overall. It took almost 3/4 of the bottle before I suddenly noticed a difference. I also love the 'cone like quality. It feels protective on my skin. I put this on after my serums have soaked in, then moisturizer after and it hasn't clogged my clog-prone pores. In fact I could swear they are visibly smaller since using this. I didn't have any side affects at all. No additional oiliness, dryness, or itchiness/irritation, and my mu actually seems to stay on longer and look fresher all day. I'm going to use up one more bottle, then graduate to NIA24 to see if that has even better results.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No