Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

2.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/9/2006 4:55:00 PM

The first time I used this shampoo it made my frizzy prone hair amazingly smooth and sleek. But after the second and third times my hair started feeling like there was so much buildup underneath! I continued to use it, thinking it had to be my fault, that I wasn't washing it all out or using enough. Eventually I switched shampoos and magically the buildup was gone! This shampoo did not live up to expectations. But I have used the serum from the same line and that actually did work quite well so I wasi mpressed with that. Wish I could say the same for the shampoo.

on 6/6/2006 6:02:00 PM

I have really long hair, thats generally pretty straight. This product thinned my hair over time and started to irritate my scalp stunting hair growth. even my hairdresser picked up on it. My boyfriend has really thick, coarse, curly hair and he likes the thinning effect. I dont recommend unless your hair is extremely thick and you can afford the thinning hair!

on 6/3/2006 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily roots and dry-ish ends and fairly straight thick hair and am pretty lazy in the conditioning department which is why I first bought this shampoo. It's got a great scent and keeps the frizz away and pares the volume down. And I can use it in my bath -- yes, I am very lazy when it comes to hair care! I first bought the normal 250?300?ml size and now have the litre size. All in all good value for what it does.

My HG shampoo!! Makes my thick, wavy, unmanageable hair behave! I LOOOOVE the smell, too. The only negative is that it can leave build up, so a clairifying shampoo once a week is a good idea (I use Suave). Can't beat the 2litres/$24 that always pop up, either.

on 5/8/2006 11:20:00 AM

I had high hopes for this shampoo - it seemed to be popular and had good reviews. I've got dry hair that's mid length and prone to frizzing and snapping, I was hoping this shampoo and the matching conditioner would make it less parched and sleeker.
What actually happened was despite using the small amounts recommended, within 3 weeks I had so much build up on my hair that it felt sticky. My scalp was itchy and my hair was dull and extremely dry at the ends. I went to the hairdresser and he told me my hair was in terrible condition. I really wouldn't recommend this unless your hair is very coarse and thick. Real disappointment.

on 5/7/2006 1:26:00 PM

Unlike most reviewers this did not weigh my finr#e hair down, I thought it was a good shampoo would use again :)

on 5/1/2006 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this shampoo would be really great b/c of my frizzy hair. I thought wrong. This shampoo does not lather up well, which is something I like in shampoos, and it leaves a nasty coating on your hair that is hard to wash out. Nope, not buying again. The price is ridiculous for this junk. I tossed it after trying it 3 times.

on 4/14/2006 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo made my long, fine, curly hair very dry and fly-away. I couldn't believe how awful my hair looked. The Super Skinny Conditioner didn't even begin to detangle my hair, and it is a very light conditioner that is not moisturizing. I was very disappointed with these products, and I returned them to the salon.

on 4/14/2006 10:17:00 AM

I have to agree with other reviewers with the way this leaves hair feeling dry. I too wish i read the reviews prior to purchasing as this was a bit expensive for a procuct that I don't love. So not something I would use everyday but does make blow drying easier so that is a plus.

on 4/11/2006 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the scent and the packaging. I can see how many said it leaves their hair dry. For me, however, it works great, because I wash my hair at night, and then style it in the morning before work. This doesn't foam up a whole lot, though I notice many salon brands tend to be that way.

Not 100% sure I'd buy it again, but I do like it in general.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products