LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 12/19/2010 5:39:00 PM

I have to say I usually don't use conditioner because I feel like they always make my hair heavy and flat. But since my hair has growed a lot and got a little tangled up and dry lately, I decided it was time to try one. I only use (solid) Lush-hairproducts so I picked Jungle. First: the smell. Loooovely pinetree and exotic smell that lingers quite some time in the hair. About the results: when you just rub the bar over your hair, make sure you don't use too much. I did the first time and my hair was a weird feeling flat mess. But when you glide it over your hair one time (and a little bit on your scalp when you have a dry scalp like me) and you brush it out when it's dry, it's sooo soft! It was bouncy and light and my curls/waves weren't weighed down. I tried the mixing it up with water-thing and it worked just fine as well.
Maybe for people with really dry hair, this wouldn't do the job. But I don't like my hair too soft and smooth and want it still untangled, so this is perfect!

on 12/19/2010 1:20:00 AM

Difficult to use and the smell was overpowering and not pleasant. I am a huge fan of the solid shampoos that LUSH makes, so I thought I would try the conditioner. Getting the conditioner on my hair wasn't as easy as with the shampoos and even after my hair was dry and styled, all I could smell was the overpowering pine-y, woodsy scent. The way my hair felt after using it was good, but considering the other negative factors I would not buy this again, but I hope LUSH tries again with another solid conditioner option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the earthy smell. However, this conditioner is really hard to use. I've used conditioner bars and I use shampoo bars. This one for some reason feels gets bits of the bar in my hair and then it is hard to get out. I did not get much softness from the bar.

I have an oily scalp with normal ends that can get dry if the wrong products are applied.

I tried this 1 year ago because a friend recommended it and I just hated it! There are better conditioners out there, this one is too difficult to use, there wasn't any difference in my hair and I didn't like the smell. I see some people love it but I really didn't. Sorry LUSH! I like some of your other products much better.

Ugh.......please don't buy this. I usually love lush but this tangled my hair up like you wouldn't believe. It takes ages to get all the tangles out......and they're there for about a week. Smells amazing though- like holidays- of sand, sea and sun cream. I keep my chunk just to smell :)

on 11/12/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really has high hopes for this product. the thought of a solid shampoo? simply amazing!!!! this is the worst product i have EVER tried on my hair. its drying, and makes my hair stringy. i thought maybe it was just me, so i had my friend test it out on her gorgeous long dark hair and it made her hair stringy too!!! the lush SA told me to break a piece off and add water and try it that way but that was worse. it wouldnt rinse out and i was stuck with half of my head in gooey sticky stringy greenish nasty dreadlocks. awful!

on 11/11/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Ok so I've been lemming this for a while. I just think the whole concept of it being a solid conditioner made from bananas kumquats and avocado's facinates me. My lush order came in today and I was so excited to try everything. I jumped in the shower and used jungle along w/ a lush solid shampoo. I swiped the bar down my thick curly hair with very minimal results. I was sort of expecting this because before I purchased this conditioner, I looked at reviews on here and they were not in jungle's favor. I towel dried my hair and it was very dry and combing was almost impossible. So I decided later on before bed I would take another shower but this time I mixed my jungle as some reviewers do. What a difference!! I boiled a 1/2 cup of water, cut small pieces of jungle up and put them in the cup. Mashed them around w/a fork till a thick cream appeared. Then I poured that mixture into a small trial sized conditioner bottle. I applied this to my hair, let it sit for 5 minutes and my hair feels so nice and conditioned!! The smell is what I really love about this! It doesn't smell anything like fruit (to me) but I smell like a pine tree hahaha. I just love the smell so much and so does my boyfriend! I just think that some of us may want to give jungle another chance because my first time using it I was very dissapointed. I would also recommend making your jungle on your day off or whenever you have free time. It makes a great leave in conditioner as well, tames frizzies, and softens your legs if you use it as a shaving cream.

on 9/15/2010 7:00:00 PM

I have a love hate relationship with LUSH, i love that alot of their products are "homemade", and when i personally think of homemade i think good for you, alas not the case w/ LUSH, i use to love their shampoo bars and soap until i read in their newsletter the ingredients, they all have SLS! Anyway this is a review for Jungle for me it was a conditioner that did NOT condition my fine dry hair, it was a pain to use either too mushy or to hard! I will continue to buy some things at LUSH but Not this conditioner!

on 9/15/2010 6:45:00 PM

Where's the manual?!!! Seriously...mastering this condish is like a nine step process.

Fortunately I got a generous sample of this when I was picking up my cherished Soak n' Float and I'm happy I didn't pay for this. I gave "Jungle" two lippies instead of one because I appreciate LUSH's eco friendly sensibility. When it works, it's awesome (see shampoo bars). When it doesn't, you get Jungle. If your clients are willing to sacrifice the convenience of packaging, the product better work pretty darn well. Not so here.
This has almost no detangling properties. I've been using this for at least a week now-I wanted to give it a chance- but seven days in and my hair is a thicket of nasty.
So you have to take extra care combing it out in the shower. This combined with the fact that you have to heat it up and get it to liquify...and I'm another year older when I step out!

If this was a great conditioner, I would happily accommodate all of it's special needs. But it just isn't.

P.S.- I found that the best way to heat it up is to put it in a plastic container and give it a water bath. But who wants to do that?! It's conditioner. Not a baby.

on 8/24/2010 4:34:00 PM

I didn't like this at first but now its one of my favorite conditioners!
The smell isn't terrible but its definitely not the best. It's a bit of a strong smell for a conditioner.
Makes my hair so soft and smooth. FOR DAYS. Easy to get knots out and its touchable softness.
It's kinda difficult to use though