April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've become a LUSH junkie recently and I love a lot of their bath products. However, I was disappointed with this conditioner. I have a couple of bar shampoos and I like them a lot and thought this would be an interesting addition. I was wrong and I regret spending $23 on something like this. It smells weird (I know I know, if it smelled bad why did I purchase it in the first place? but there I am), and it's awkward to use. You have to take a small amount and rub it btwn your hands and apply. But it's very dry and waxy and hard to "dissolve" fully. But at least it does seem to work as a conditioner and softens the hair. Therefore, I'm giving 2 lippies. WILL NOT be repurchasing. Unimpressive yet very expensive product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by zauberlinda1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thankfully, this has other uses. I had a small piece that just wasn't working for me as a hair conditioner and I was contemplating throwing it away. For many people, LUSH items can be hard to come by as is the case for me, living about 4 hours away from the closest store so mail order and swapping for them make wasting a product a rathr painful choice. I was going through my stash while preparing for a LUSH bath, I saw that piece of Jungle conditioner that I had given up on. I knew that buttercreams subbed well as shaving lotion so I gave the Jungle a try and wow, what a great shave!! I also used it as a medium with my callus scrubber (the kind that are used in salons) and it worked better than a lotion made for that purpose did. The Jungle left my legs and heels very soft and moisturized and I was relieved that I now didn't have to throw the product away. Though I am not impressed with it as a hair product, I can use it til its gone for other purposes though becuase of the price I would not buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry, tangley hair, so I figured I'd give Jungle a try. It smells great, almost like freshly cut grass or something. The thing I didn't like about it was that it was kind of difficult to use, and it didn't detangle. I ended up whipping mine with a bit of water in my blender, and used it on my ends as a leave in conditioner. It left my hair feeling soft, but there are better things for my hair, so I won't be buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by stellblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected to hate this stuff, and end up using it to shave with. That said, I now have 3 bars hoarded in my bathroom (because I *do* use it to shave with, but I also use it in my hair!). I have very long, very coarse, very thick and curly naturally red hair. I figured there was no way this would be moisturizing enough. But, I liked the smell, and decided it to give it a shot on a day that I knew I wasn't going anywhere :P

Firstly, I put chunks in a dixie cup, add a tiny bit of water, and let it just kind of sit for a while and get mushy. Then, I smooth quite a bit onto my hair, and let it sit for a few minutes while I shave. When I rinse it, it doesn't FEEL slippery; it almost feels dry. But once my hair is dry, it is amazingly soft, and my curls aren't frizzy. The biggest difference I've seen is actually in the overall health of my hair (not to mention my skin, since silicones make me break out along my hairline!). No split ends, and no breakage, no buildup. I'm in hot and humid NC, so I wear my hair up most days in the summer, and my hair is incredibly strong with this stuff. I also smooth some on dry hair before I go out, and it keeps my flat ironed hair straight, frizz-free, and soft for days. Doesn't do a whole lot for shine, but I always need a serum/creme for that anyway, no matter what conditioner I use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is such an awesome concept. I love the idea that there is no plastic bottle packaging, and the fact that it is very portable.

I don't have extremely dry hair, but I do condition my ends on a daily basis. So honestly, I can't say that this would be a great conditioner for someone with really damaged ends.

What I do love about this stuff is the smell and how it lingers. Even after swimming in a chlorinated pool I could still smell the conditioner.

Now, the scent isn't for everyone. When putting it in my hair it reminds me of pine needles. And the scent left in my hair smells like a mix between tropically/hippie. Okay, I know that's not the most clear description, but if you are not into smelling earth-y or wood-sy this wouldn't be for you. But I love the smell, and would use it for that sole purpose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A multi use product for me!

I use this with Godiva or New shampoo. It smells good and the smell lingers but isn't overpowering. I wet the bar and slide it around my hands a moment then run my hands through my hair until i have a coating on it. After a few minutes I rinse and my hair is smooth.

After my shower, when my hair is mainly dry I use this to smooth flyaways. Whenever I have hair that just won't lay right I smooth my hand over a dry piece (i usually slice a small chunk off after purchase) and then over the trouble spot of hair. Dry it smoothes my hair and adds more of the jungle smell to my hair and it works perfectly.

Would buy this again in a heartbeat

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by puggyxisxbored

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this along with the Godiva shampoo bar and concluded that conditioners probably shouldn't be solid. In order to use it, I had to break off chunks and smush it into a paste in the palm of my hand to work through my hair. It does not give the same slip as bottled conditioner, although it did moisturize my hair pretty well and made it easy to detangle. I like the smell: it is fruity, but yet a bit masculine. However, I won't be repurchasing since it is too painful to use. I can get the same (or better) results with a cheaper liquid conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bizcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Jungle is wonderful, and it's getting a totally unfair rap!

It smells like pine (YUM, especially with the violet scent of Daddy-O shampoo), and because it does not contain silicones, it won't give that same feeling of slip to your hair in the shower.
This does give great moisture once the hair is dry, though it may not be quite enough for those with very fried locks.

It's great for the environment, and in the long run, better for your hair than a bunch of silicones!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by agend99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE Jungle conditioner. It smells wonderful and makes my hair soft without weighing it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I haven't actually used Jungle for a while, as I've been on American Cream kick, but I've noticed Jungle gets a bit of hate, so here is my two pennies:

I loved the effect it had on my hair, but applying it was such a pain. Simple solution. Put the block (or a bit of it) into a pot, pour some hot water in, and bung the lid on. A day or so and voila, a pastey, semi-liquid version of Jungle has formed.

I've never had one 'go off' but if you were worried, fresh batches could be regularly made with small chunks of Jungle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No