October 21, 2014 | 1839 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Where's the manual?!!! Seriously...mastering this condish is like a nine step process.

Fortunately I got a generous sample of this when I was picking up my cherished Soak n' Float and I'm happy I didn't pay for this. I gave "Jungle" two lippies instead of one because I appreciate LUSH's eco friendly sensibility. When it works, it's awesome (see shampoo bars). When it doesn't, you get Jungle. If your clients are willing to sacrifice the convenience of packaging, the product better work pretty darn well. Not so here.
This has almost no detangling properties. I've been using this for at least a week now-I wanted to give it a chance- but seven days in and my hair is a thicket of nasty.
So you have to take extra care combing it out in the shower. This combined with the fact that you have to heat it up and get it to liquify...and I'm another year older when I step out!

If this was a great conditioner, I would happily accommodate all of it's special needs. But it just isn't.

P.S.- I found that the best way to heat it up is to put it in a plastic container and give it a water bath. But who wants to do that?! It's conditioner. Not a baby.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by nikki201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this at first but now its one of my favorite conditioners!
The smell isn't terrible but its definitely not the best. It's a bit of a strong smell for a conditioner.
Makes my hair so soft and smooth. FOR DAYS. Easy to get knots out and its touchable softness.
It's kinda difficult to use though

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with Jungle.
My hair is straight and fine, often a bit dull and flat and Jungle helps it look healthy and bouncy, without weighing it down.
The smell is very interesting and yummy, but sometimes a bit too overwhelming for a conditioner. And the smell is the only thing you notice when you put it on the hair since you can't feel a difference in the texture. However when you rinse the hair detangles and feels soft as with other conditioners. It's easy to comb through and leaves the hair soft.
When I bought this I tried to use it rubbing a solid piece of conditioner in my head and it was really messy and hard work trying to get the little pieces into my hair. But then I followed the instructions to liquefy it with hot water and I've been faithful to that ever since. It's so much easier (you actually take less time doing that than trying to rub pieces into your hair) and I feel that it makes the product last much longer, with far more washes.
The only trouble for me has been finding the correct amount of water per piece of Jungle, since the mix often gets too watery while other times it's really thick. But when I get it right, I have a small bottle of fresh conditioner to last me a week or more. I've used it about 20 times and I still have tons of solid Jungle waiting.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by dearambellina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm glad I got this as a freebie in a swap because I would have regretting purchasing. It did nothing for my hair at all other than make it limp, heavy, and smell like weeds... but not the weeds in your backyard... I mean the kind you buy from the guy on the corner. I couldn't believe howe distinctive the smell was! Honestly, it cracked me up and I wondered if I'd feel any "effects" from showering with it, lol. I hated that the smell lingered in my hair, too. I was afraid my coworkers might get the wrong impression.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:57:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've become a LUSH junkie recently and I love a lot of their bath products. However, I was disappointed with this conditioner. I have a couple of bar shampoos and I like them a lot and thought this would be an interesting addition. I was wrong and I regret spending $23 on something like this. It smells weird (I know I know, if it smelled bad why did I purchase it in the first place? but there I am), and it's awkward to use. You have to take a small amount and rub it btwn your hands and apply. But it's very dry and waxy and hard to "dissolve" fully. But at least it does seem to work as a conditioner and softens the hair. Therefore, I'm giving 2 lippies. WILL NOT be repurchasing. Unimpressive yet very expensive product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by zauberlinda1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Thankfully, this has other uses. I had a small piece that just wasn't working for me as a hair conditioner and I was contemplating throwing it away. For many people, LUSH items can be hard to come by as is the case for me, living about 4 hours away from the closest store so mail order and swapping for them make wasting a product a rathr painful choice. I was going through my stash while preparing for a LUSH bath, I saw that piece of Jungle conditioner that I had given up on. I knew that buttercreams subbed well as shaving lotion so I gave the Jungle a try and wow, what a great shave!! I also used it as a medium with my callus scrubber (the kind that are used in salons) and it worked better than a lotion made for that purpose did. The Jungle left my legs and heels very soft and moisturized and I was relieved that I now didn't have to throw the product away. Though I am not impressed with it as a hair product, I can use it til its gone for other purposes though becuase of the price I would not buy it again

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Leannne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very dry, tangley hair, so I figured I'd give Jungle a try. It smells great, almost like freshly cut grass or something. The thing I didn't like about it was that it was kind of difficult to use, and it didn't detangle. I ended up whipping mine with a bit of water in my blender, and used it on my ends as a leave in conditioner. It left my hair feeling soft, but there are better things for my hair, so I won't be buying this again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by stellblu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I expected to hate this stuff, and end up using it to shave with. That said, I now have 3 bars hoarded in my bathroom (because I *do* use it to shave with, but I also use it in my hair!). I have very long, very coarse, very thick and curly naturally red hair. I figured there was no way this would be moisturizing enough. But, I liked the smell, and decided it to give it a shot on a day that I knew I wasn't going anywhere :P

Firstly, I put chunks in a dixie cup, add a tiny bit of water, and let it just kind of sit for a while and get mushy. Then, I smooth quite a bit onto my hair, and let it sit for a few minutes while I shave. When I rinse it, it doesn't FEEL slippery; it almost feels dry. But once my hair is dry, it is amazingly soft, and my curls aren't frizzy. The biggest difference I've seen is actually in the overall health of my hair (not to mention my skin, since silicones make me break out along my hairline!). No split ends, and no breakage, no buildup. I'm in hot and humid NC, so I wear my hair up most days in the summer, and my hair is incredibly strong with this stuff. I also smooth some on dry hair before I go out, and it keeps my flat ironed hair straight, frizz-free, and soft for days. Doesn't do a whole lot for shine, but I always need a serum/creme for that anyway, no matter what conditioner I use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is such an awesome concept. I love the idea that there is no plastic bottle packaging, and the fact that it is very portable.

I don't have extremely dry hair, but I do condition my ends on a daily basis. So honestly, I can't say that this would be a great conditioner for someone with really damaged ends.

What I do love about this stuff is the smell and how it lingers. Even after swimming in a chlorinated pool I could still smell the conditioner.

Now, the scent isn't for everyone. When putting it in my hair it reminds me of pine needles. And the scent left in my hair smells like a mix between tropically/hippie. Okay, I know that's not the most clear description, but if you are not into smelling earth-y or wood-sy this wouldn't be for you. But I love the smell, and would use it for that sole purpose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A multi use product for me!

I use this with Godiva or New shampoo. It smells good and the smell lingers but isn't overpowering. I wet the bar and slide it around my hands a moment then run my hands through my hair until i have a coating on it. After a few minutes I rinse and my hair is smooth.

After my shower, when my hair is mainly dry I use this to smooth flyaways. Whenever I have hair that just won't lay right I smooth my hand over a dry piece (i usually slice a small chunk off after purchase) and then over the trouble spot of hair. Dry it smoothes my hair and adds more of the jungle smell to my hair and it works perfectly.

Would buy this again in a heartbeat