Ralph Lauren Blue for Women

3.9

on 3/20/2007 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Considering all the postive reviews here, I was expecting this would smell totally fresh and clean. While I do smell a hint of Finesse shampoo (which I love the smell of) that some reviewers mentioned, I also detected a musty old lady smell. It's not overbearing, but it's there enough to turn me off of the fragrance. I was very disappointed because I had my hopes up for this one. My search continues for the ultimate clean fragrance.

It's a "nice" fragrance, but nothing more. Not overtly feminine or heavy or anything much so it's good for everyday wear. I'd put it in the same group with tommy girl and happy clinique because I don't like common scents that too many people wear and just don't stand out. I actually know of somebody who uses this perfume as toilet spray in her bathroom...I think I'd like it more for that purpose.

on 2/18/2007 4:40:00 PM

Great summer fragrance! Even though I don't believe freesia is listed as one of the notes, that's what comes to mind. Initially there's a note I don't like (I'm guessing that's the "peony") but it goes away and leaves the florals I DO like.

on 2/12/2007 11:13:00 AM

I was so excited to buy this because my all time favorite fragrance is Ralph Lauren Romance. With ralph Lauren Blue, I was sooooo sad because, on me, this smells like a cheap cologne for men. It reminds me of Jovan Musk for men. I guess I'll stick to Romance!

on 1/4/2007 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i bought a gift set of this fragrance last spring thinking it would be perfect for warmer weather. i still think so and i love this scent, but it disappears literally before i get out the door. this is after layering w/ the body lotion(which is a really nice texture, by the way, kind of a gel/cream). pretty bottle, nice notes - i like it but it doesn't like me enough to stick around, a problem i've had with other scents as well, must be a chemistry thing.

on 1/1/2007 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG perfume! A++++

on 1/1/2007 3:11:00 PM

This is the only fragrance I've stuck with through a bottle, and I like to think of it as my signature scent. I like that it's not too sweet nor heavy, but it's still a little bit sexy in a kind of androgenous way. I particularly like that it's not too feminine and soft. I wear it almost everyday and people often comment on the scent. Personally prefer the smaller bottles cause they're easier to hold...I might venture into L'eau d'Issey but until I can afford it, this will be my staple fragrance.

on 12/27/2006 4:07:00 PM

This smells a bit like jasmine. Not over powering. I like it. I wear it when i go shopping or at home when im expecting guest over or out with my friends for tea or something. Its there...lingers...i noticed my friends sniffing ..trying to figure out what im wearing..perfect for that 'im not really wearing perfume' statement. Beautiful transparent blue bottle. Just that sometimes my other half mistakens this for his!!

on 12/1/2006 8:29:00 PM

This is my favorite one so far, the only perfume that i actually finished the whole bottle. I got the small 40ml just recently and its so cute. The smell is really distinctive and hard to describe. Sometimes I wear it at home coz I'm addicted. Hopefully I'll be able to find other fragrance which can compare, if not I'm gonna have to just stick to this one.

on 11/4/2006 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this smell. Fresh, clean, and very feminine. It's more sophisticated than a lot of the Ralph smells, but not old-ladyish. Lasts all day, stays true, but not overpowering. Unique smell, too. Average price, pretty bottle. Definitely a keeper.

Popular Fragrances