MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 10/18/2014 3:46:00 PM

I am so disapointing in this lipstick.
Reading all the reviews and listening all the stories about it - I really excepted something special.
First - for me it is not drying at all. It is tricky to aply but ok, I can manage that. But, I am disapointed in poor staying power on my lips. After a short time it starts to vanish from the inside lips. Also, lipstick didn t sucecesfully survive just one drink.
Second - for me, this shade of red is not outstanding. In fact, when I applied it i was pretty indifferent for it. I found much better shades in other makeup brands

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

great vintage red looks lovely, yes its matte a little aquphor underneath helps I wear this with Rimmel Diva Red lipliner

on 10/12/2014 11:56:00 AM

Serious red color that won't quit. This is my first red lipstick and I am in love!

Yes it's meant to be matte and yes it can be a pain to apply but invest in a lip brush and prep your lips before you get started and you're good to go! I've found that this color goes with everything, it's so versatile and really goes the extra mile to dress up any outfit.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this lipstick! I know it's quite famous, but I just bought it a couple of months ago, and I fell in love immediately!
I really like the red tone (suits me perfectly, I have fair skin with neutral/warm undertones, and dark blonde/copper hair) and the fact that, despite being matte, it does not dry out my lips.
It lasts 2-3 hours, depending on what I'm doing (if I am eating it will of course last less), but I'm fine with this as is not a "long lasting" lipstick.
The only thing, if you have dry or cracked lips before applying it you need to put some moisturizer/lip balm on them.
I will totally buy it again, for me it's a winner!

on 10/1/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the ULTIMATE matte red lipstick. It has great staying power but for me, I had to partially reapply it after eating dinner. I was a bit surprised that it came off...what this tells me is that you really need to work that stain into your lips so that it sticks. What I did notice is that it did not come off on my wine glass...which is wonderful...a big plus. If you are looking for a gorgeous, glamorous matte red which suits most any skin tone, Ruby Woo is the bomb!

My favorite lipstick ever, in the history of the world, and time, forever and always.
It's a very bright, slightly cool toned red. The matte makes it so it barely transfers onto other surfaces (cups, my bf's face, etc.), however this does also mean your lips end up a bit dry. It is so lovely, I don't even care about the dryness though. Though lipsticks are rarely "scented," virtually all makeup has it's own light scent, and this is a nice, light sweetness.
Like any red, it's best to apply with a precise brush.
I will never stop buying this.

on 8/26/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely TRUE red shade! stays on all day and wears soo beautifully. The formula is very matte, I prefer it that way because I personally looove mattes when it comes to red lipstick or satin. I dont like glossy. I dont mind the "dry" feeling because my lips have been moistuized from before and I used MAC's lip primer on my lips. An advantage of matte lipstick is that it tends to stay on longer,as oppossed to other finishes.
This is a true red. A staple in every woman's makeup collection.

on 8/24/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is it.

This is the red lipstick you are looking for.

A rich, bright, almost glowing true red that looks great on everybody. Very sophisticated and although it says blue based, it must be very slight because it doesn't have those undertones on me at all. Gorgeous color, looks amazing against my C6 skin tone and I love MAC's matte formula. It lasts hours and although very matte, doesn't dry my lips out at all.

on 8/18/2014 1:42:00 PM

Growing up I wasn't allowed to wear red lipstick....now that I am 23 years old I love red lipstick especially this one. Makes your teeth so white! Only con is you have to make sure you have no dead skin on your lips before applying this. I have this color and ririwoo love them both they're my go to's when I need a pop of color!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This color grew on me. Originally I didn't like it, but, I have grow too love it! Beautiful red and at first I didn't think I would like the matte formulation but, it is absolutely gorgeous and sophisticated.

Video Reviews & Tutorials